Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

There's a beautiful white labrador wandering around the arts block.

He was in the SU Bar about 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Boozin' it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm hobbling around on crutches today...they are so beyond sore on your arms!! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0422/1224268876696.html
    For the fourth year running, a newspaper from Trinity College Dublin (TCD) won The Irish Times-sponsored newspaper of the year award.

Don't get too used to that trophy, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Does a contemporary report in a newspaper count as a primary or secondary source for a history essay if it's relevent to the ongoing fallout of a political decision made in 1935, do you think? I've stuck it in as secondary source...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Out of the loop on these things but pretty sure it'd be defined as a secondary source.

Ok, thanks :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone else get a SPUR offer yesterday?!

Got an offer for one of the history dept's projects myself. Was delighted, especially when told that first years usually don't have a chance in getting an offer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Anyone else get a SPUR offer yesterday?!

Got an offer for one of the history dept's projects myself. Was delighted, especially when told that first years usually don't have a chance in getting an offer! :)

That's wonderful! Well done :)

Fank oo! :)

Now I wonder if i have enough luck to get a job at the Aviva stadium aswell! :)
    Though after getting SPUR i think that's pretty much all my luck used up for a long long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

/ignores JPcarlow. Can't believe you didn't say hello!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

/ignores JPcarlow. Can't believe you didn't say hello!!

Don't feel too bad, Rob ignores me at least twice a week. :(

ha ha! Every time I say Hi to Rob it takes him like 30secs to even recognise who I am! He is getting better tho! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

*sobs* I'm always getting ignored too :pac:

The fact that I am unknown to most boards people has nothing to do with it, of course >_>

@ allandanyways - How's the english exam going? Was talking to my housemate, and she said it's pretty tough :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

@ allandanyways - How's the english exam going? Was talking to my housemate, and she said it's pretty tough :S

Long story, was in hospital, have an extension til Tuesday. Fairly happy with the titles, nothing overly inspiring which I suspect is going to make it harder. One question asks us to write a 1500 word piece on the significance of the parrot in WSS. :confused:

Long story, was in hospital, have an extension til Tuesday. Fairly happy with the titles, nothing overly inspiring which I suspect is going to make it harder. One question asks us to write a 1500 word piece on the significance of the parrot in WSS. :confused:
    An entire question on a parrot? Random. Hope you're okay as well, having an exam after being in hospital can't be too much fun :)

I iz bored! Watching make-up tutorials on youtube gets tedious after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'll have 3 exams and 2 essays soon after a tonsillectomy :(

Is watching make-up tutorials on youtube ever *not* tedious?
    My favourite has to be the 'how to fake abs' tutorial. But only when followed immediately by community channel's interpretation of it :D

Sorry to hear about your tonsillectomy Rozabeez. Nasty business.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'll have 3 exams and 2 essays soon after a tonsillectomy :(

Poor you! At least you'll get to eat loads of ice-cream though :D
    CnaG wrote: »
    Is watching make-up tutorials on youtube ever *not* tedious?

I actually usually enjoy them! I learned how to use an egg as a face mask, so my day hasn't been totally wasted :pac:

I <3 Spiritualised, perfect night music.

I need to go shopping in Lush, f*ck the egg facemasks. I want to spend non existant money!!

• Advertisement

I <3 Lush, I could be one of the annoying people who work there I know that much about the products *dreams*

I haz new Twitter naow. I really am bored if I set up a twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

ha ha! Every time I say Hi to Rob it takes him like 30secs to even recognise who I am! He is getting better tho! :D

Rob ignores me at least once a day and I live with him!

Too sunny for study methinks, I'm off to up my Vitamin D levels :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Where is Rob anyway? Haven't seen him around here lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Genuinely looking into this, so looking for advice:

Given that I finish my course next month and for three months I'm not in full time education (i.e. when I will commence a postgrad) am I eligibile to apply for Jobseeker's allowance? I am already seeking employment, but sweet all offers being given to me. So, genuinely, I am unemployed when I finish my course. Just wondering could I do it while I'm in between courses?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think you can, although as it takes ages for the claims to be processed, you probably wouldn't end up getting the money until the end of the summer. So it would be a good idea to look for it straight away when you finish. I also have vague memories of hearing that you need to get something stamped by the college, or maybe a letter to probe that you've finished college.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

As far as I know you need to go to the register office thing and get them to either write or stamp something to say that you're officially out of education, unless you do that you'll have to wait until after you graduate. Haven't looked in to it myself, I just remember someone had asked about it before. Give them register office an email and see what they have to say about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0422/unemployment.html
    Apparently anywhere between a month and a half and four months of a wait...

Robot Unicorn

Utterly addictive. And what sounds like a eurovision entry as the background music.

so damn tired. Hate final year. Hate thesis. Hate this chair.

Time for tea, methinks.

• Advertisement

Huyahhhh! *karate chop*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement