Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How does one react when accused of sleeping with their lecturers at the family dinner table?! been shaken since last night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

How does one react when accused of sleeping with their lecturers at the family dinner table?! been shaken since last night! :D
    Well the first question would be are you sleeping with your lecturers? If yes then it kind of deserves to be brought up at a dinner table. If not, what are you saying about your lecturers that would make your family think that?

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Well the first question would be are you sleeping with your lecturers? If yes then it kind of deserves to be brought up at a dinner table. If not, what are you saying about your lecturers that would make your family think that?

First of all, no I am definitely not!
    I didn't say anything about my lecturers! I made some joke about being smart in college and getting firsts and that was my mum's response! Was a bit of a shock to everyone! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Your mam sounds like a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Your mam sounds like a bit of a sexist. Was she joking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Prove her right.

Prove her right.

Ha ha I'm not sure my boyfriend would approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Robot Unicorn

Utterly addictive. And what sounds like a eurovision entry as the background music.

I played that game weeks ago, it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Just threw a new blog up. A couple of thoughts on the UCC conferring fee mess.

http://bit.ly/c4SZNo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just threw a new blog up. A couple of thoughts on the UCC conferring fee mess.

http://bit.ly/c4SZNo
    Just read your blog entry there, very interesting. I'd been keeping up with the conferring fee controversy through the thread about it on the UCC forum. Hopefully nothing similar will be tried to be brought in anywhere else, especially in NUIM. Although €65 might not seem like a lot to some people, for others it could really be far too expensive. And the idea that you have to spend money to graduate from a university at which you've been paying registration fees to for years already is laughable in my opinion. I know universities are horribly underfunded in this country anyway, but there must be another way to bring in money other than forcing students to pay to receive a piece of paper.

On a lighter note, I downloaded the new Crystal Castles album earlier. It's brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

On a lighter note, I downloaded the new Crystal Castles album earlier. It's brilliant :D

I seriously thought that said Crystal Swing. :eek:

I seriously thought that said Crystal Swing. :eek:
    I'll listen to most things, but I think downloading Crystal Swing would be going a bit too far :pac:

I need to stop procrastinating and clean! And I need to put on a wash. Stupid far away laundry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I think I'm going to the doctor for the 4th time in a month tomorrow. ****ing tonsils swollen.

I saw crystal swing today!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

I think I'm going to the doctor for the 4th time in a month tomorrow. ****ing tonsils swollen.

Ouch James. Nt gd.
    I seriously thought that said Crystal Swing.
    Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I saw crystal swing today!!! :D
    i didnt think they were real people...I'm shocked! I saw the video of them on the late late show. oh dear.

I need to stop procrastinating and clean! And I need to put on a wash. Stupid far away laundry :(

This has still not happened.

Also, the terrible rumours insinuating that I downloaded Crystal Swing must end! :D

Getting up early tomorrow to buy tickets for the Leonard Cohen concert, let's hope I don't press snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

can you still apply for campus? I'm living on campus and want to do that next year too:)

Wendero wrote: »
    can you still apply for campus? I'm living on campus and want to do that next year too:)

Eh you have 30 mins.. maybe! Afaik last date to apply is today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Are the tickets for the beach party sold out ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

cian1500ww wrote: »

It's doubtful

Got one late on Thurs + half a book was left

cian1500ww wrote: »

As far as I've been told, Yes they are, but i don't know that for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Anyone know how to print from a personal laptop in the library? Can't find it anywhere!!
    Damn lack of plugs in this place.
    Also, I heard the beach party tickets were sold out too.

Am I missing something today? Place is empty...

Loads of parking, common room is empty, no queues in shops or for coffee/tea..

Am I missing something today? Place is empty...

Loads of parking, common room is empty, no queues in shops or for coffee/tea..

You know I did notice it being quiet today myself but i just figured that I wasn't following my usual routine and was out at a diffrent time and that all the law students I know are awol untill all these damn assignments are done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

If anyone has a spare Beach Party ticket knocking about, let me know and I'll buy it off ya ;)

The Beach Party actually sounds like it's going to be good craic this year, everyone seems to be really looking forward to it. I'd have went, but I'll be down in Galway :D

Funking river apartments are so loud, can't wait until I get out of here.

The Beach Party actually sounds like it's going to be good craic this year, everyone seems to be really looking forward to it. I'd have went, but I'll be down in Galway :D

Funking river apartments are so loud, can't wait until I get out of here.

Yea it does doesn't it? Got my ticket last Wed, glad i did now! Got my boyfriend one too so he'll be at the DCU one on Wed and ours Thurs! And considering that DCU and NUIM's events are all organised by the same person he's basically goin to the same thing twice! :D

He never even invited me to the DCU ball tho! :'(

If it's any help Village is just as bad! Pretty sure I can hear everyone shouting from tootyflooty's apt atm!

I can never remember campus being as loud any other year, maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age :pac:

Haha, your boyfriend will be sick of the sight of sand by the end of this week I imagine!

• Advertisement

I can never remember campus being as loud any other year, maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age :pac:

Haha, your boyfriend will be sick of the sight of sand by the end of this week I imagine!

This years first years have become known as the worst that NUIM have seen in the last couple of years, especially on campus! heard that from various reliable sources too!

Lol he prob will be but that's what he gets if he wants to spend time with his darling girlfriend! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement