Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm glad I don't live on campus, I'd get very mad if I had idiots screaming shouting all the time. I like my quiet time to be quiet!! I'm such an old woman for a 20 year old.
    probably one of the nerdiest, oldest, 20 year old woman!!

I need to crack my ankle, it's really sore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Still looking for that ticket people ;) I've got one, but I need one for the boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It seems banning me from this forum has become Funky's latest hobby.

Damn you Funky!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone else finding the internet in the library really dodgy today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just there now. Will keep you informed:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Arts Block was so frickin stuffy today, I nearly passed out. I also need to stop drinking so much hot chocolate.

Arts Block was so frickin stuffy today, I nearly passed out. I also need to stop drinking so much hot chocolate.

Both JH1 and the library were stuffy and roasting today. And I'm never warm!

extra creamy hot chocolate from the vending machines - BEST EVER

extra creamy hot chocolate from the vending machines - BEST EVER

ooh now I want some, despite the fact that i'm dying in the Library right now!

Got my boyfriend to change my Facebook Password so i couldn't get distracted by it until all my assignments are done. Looks like all that's happened is boards is taking place for distracting. I don't think I've ever used it so much as I have in the past few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I reckon I'll be skipping out on my proposed drinkin' with you lot before I head off unless there's anyone around in July :(

• Advertisement

I just got one of these :D Gotta love those computer science students :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I just got one of these :D Gotta love those computer science students :pac:

That made me giggle after a bad day, cheers :)

F final year, I'm so sick of essays and due dates and assignments and AAAAAAAARGH.

I'm watching Fringe...but I'll watch that next!
    The JH1 was unreal today...I actually thought I was dying!!!

Does anyone else watch Fringe???

This thread was neglected yesterday :(

Had a savage evening with the Veggie Soc yesterday! Met Kellief, who is lovely and also is very funny while drunk :P The Indian above Caulfields does gorgeous food :D

A whole day?! Poor i can haz general discussion thread! It must have felt very lonely!

Ugh law is so much work right now, i'm just glad our assignment due date was postponed or I would be screwed!

Yup a whole day. I think that may have been the first time that I've ever noticed that happening lol.

You'll be okay for law, don't worry :) Just take some deep breaths if you're feeling stressed, and dive into the work. The pile will eventually get smaller. Now if only I took my own advice! :pac:

Yup a whole day. I think that may have been the first time that I've ever noticed that happening lol.

You'll be okay for law, don't worry :) Just take some deep breaths if you're feeling stressed, and dive into the work. The pile will eventually get smaller. Now if only I took my own advice! :pac:

I think my worst problem right now is pure procrastination, every two mins I flick to my email just in case I've gotten something! (Coz everyone sends emails and quarter to one in the morn!) boards is the worst culprit actually! I got my boyfriend to change my password on facebook so I wouldn't get distracted and I haven't even tried to get on it once! I would be proud of myself but all I've managed to do is get myself doubly as distracted on boards! I don't think I've ever posted so much and read so many discussions as i have in the past few days!

Procrastination at it's finest here!

I have until 5pm tomorrow to write another 1000 words on a case that I have no clue what it's about, we'll see how this goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I got my boyfriend to change my password on facebook so I wouldn't get distracted and I haven't even tried to get on it once!
    Fair play for managing to astain from Facebook, I aim to try and avoid it from next week till the end of my exams. Going to be a struggle. Do not know how i will cope without it, missing out on the phenomen such as Kate's birthday :D.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Fair play for managing to astain from Facebook, I aim to try and avoid it from next week till the end of my exams. Going to be a struggle. Do not know how i will cope without it, missing out on the phenomen such as Kate's birthday :D.

What is Kate's birthday actually?! Got an invite to it from a friend, not named Kate, and couldn't work out why she would send me an invie to someone else's birthday!

And shouldn't you be in Law now?! :P

Had a savage evening with the Veggie Soc yesterday! Met Kellief, who is lovely and also is very funny while drunk :P The Indian above Caulfields does gorgeous food :D

Wine just makes me very happy!!!
    The food was amazing!!! I could well eat that korma again!

• Advertisement

What is Kate's birthday actually?! Got an invite to it from a friend, not named Kate, and couldn't work out why she would send me an invie to someone else's birthday!

And shouldn't you be in Law now?! :P
    It is some girl from Australia that set up an events page for her birthday, but has around 250,000 attending it. If you were on facebook your homepage would be covered with it, loads have groups have been set up about it.

I went to the Law class at 10, thanks for making sure I was not missing out on any valuable help for contract.

I went to the Law class at 10, thanks for making sure I was not missing out on any valuable help for contract.

Ha ha no probs! Pity that i missed the class that I went into the deliberate effort of being put on so I could go. Damn Casenote! And yes I am still doing the thing! :'(

Ha ha no probs! Pity that i missed the class that I went into the deliberate effort of being put on so I could go. Damn Casenote! And yes I am still doing the thing! :'(
    We waited a few minutes at the start for you to turn up.
    Am glad I got that case note done at the weekend, would not have had the time to do it this week. Its not like it is a hard assignment but just that the case is so boring and writing about it is so tedious.

We waited a few minutes at the start for you to turn up.
    Am glad I got that case note done at the weekend, would not have had the time to do it this week. Its not like it is a hard assignment but just that the case is so boring and writing about it is so tedious.

Did you?! ****, she prob hates me now! I'll apologise to her!

That''s exactly my problem! I'm just bull****tin my way through this! I just want it done at this stage! :(

I thought mine was good till I read through it trying to cut out words. It depressed me how bad it was, I over complicated it. Decided not to cut out any words fearing it would make it worse, so ended up with 2000 words. At least I'm happy with my memo

i think mines the same. On 1500 already and still have more to do! i don't really know what i'm talkin about tbh!

i think mines the same. On 1500 already and still have more to do! i don't really know what i'm talkin about tbh!
    Either did I, I found it hard to understand some parts of the judgment. I paraphrased to the best of my ability but at some parts I had no clue what the judge was saying so I left it completely alone.

I'd be suprised if the judge knew what he was saying! It's so confusing!

Why can they not have 2 page judgments instead of having 2 pages of the judge talking about one small point. Really pointless, so hard to try and sum it all up. Law would be great if you did not have to read cases and remember them.

• Advertisement

Why can they not have 2 page judgments instead of having 2 pages of the judge talking about one small point. Really pointless, so hard to try and sum it all up. Law would be great if you did not have to read cases and remember them.

Is that not the entire point of Law???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement