Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I have six exams in seven days :(
    But at least the pain will be over on the 21st.
    Although I may need a brain transplant by that stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Wendero wrote: »
    Why can't we have the hardest exams first? Then we'd be over with it. I want Accounting first, followed by microeconomics, followed by quants, and then finance and marketing.

/John
    I don't want this exam at all/:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

More to the point, why does my birthday have to be in the middle of the exams?! :(

That's the 19th, 20th, and 21st's ruined for the next three years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.
    Stupid ****ing printer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Composition Portfolio?

• Advertisement

Reports suggest that Gerry Ryan choked on a VHS tape after mistaking it for a dairy milk bar. It's an open and shut case of video killed the radio star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Sick of hearing about that man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

banquo wrote: »
    Reports suggest that Gerry Ryan choked on a VHS tape after mistaking it for a dairy milk bar. It's an open and shut case of video killed the radio star.

........cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Norrdeth wrote: »
    ........cough.

I don't think he could. Surely if he did that would've saved him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I hate essays. Man, am I glad I'm taking a year off from this crap. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

banquo wrote: »
    Ah come on, the man isn't even in his grave yet. The worst thing is I can not think of a good joke about his death.

Why have a reading room when it's far, far too hot and stuffy to get any work done there. Then when you leave it to get your breath back, you f**k your back up on those vile blue chairs outside! New arts block needed.

And it's fecking freezing for the january exams. They never get the temp right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Have been in the reading room once, and have sat down on the blue chairs once. I do not ever plan on repeating these actions. I heard a rumour they are looking to replace the blue chairs with couches, any concrete evidence of that.

And it's fecking freezing for the january exams. They never get the temp right.
    I'm actually sweating here, there's just no bloody air in the arts block!!
    Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Have been in the reading room once, and have sat down on the blue chairs once. I do not ever plan on repeating these actions. I heard a rumour they are looking to replace the blue chairs with couches, any concrete evidence of that.
    Horrible studying environments.

I find the best places to get some work done on campus are the common room (closes early) and the library (closes too early).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

K4t wrote: »

I find the best places to get some work done on campus are the common room (closes early) and the library (closes too early).

Not after next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Science ball tomorrow :) but library in the morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I find the best place to study for me is the common (as muck) room. Chairs are decent and you can spread out with a cup of tea.
    The blue seats hurt too much. But if they got couches I'm willing to be they'd be crap couches that would be just as bad for your back and get ruined in about three days flat.
    The reading room is a cesspit of disease, reserved for incredibly noisy NUIM students.
    The liberry... well...

Who am I kidding, I can't study in college. I can study at home perfectly well. Too many distractions in college. Too many people I'd rather have a cup of coffee with than study.

I avoid college due to fear of germs. Ew, sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

I thought Apple products don't get glitchy?

My iTouch froze on its start up screen yesterday. After 25 minutes looking at it, I decided to leave it until I got home and hook it up to the auld PC to see if it could be jogged out of its frozeness. Some time later, I was looking through my bag and it was grand again. So unless its start-up time has gone from about a minute to 45 minutes, something went wrong :-(

Today, iTunes crashed, and now won't open. Ahhhhhh!

• Advertisement

Hmmm...

Some points:

1. iTunes for windows is pants. Total bloatware. It does the job, but a lot of people have trouble with it. Fine on Mac, but that's the minority.

2. My iPod did that once before, just the one time though. Maybe I was just lucky, I dunno. Did you jailbreak it?

Past exam papers terrify me... you just know this is the year they'll change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm now incredibly rushing to get some work done....****!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

It's well underway. *arches fingers and laughs evilly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

CnaG wrote: »
    My iTouch froze on its start up screen yesterday. After 25 minutes looking at it, I decided to leave it until I got home and hook it up to the auld PC to see if it could be jogged out of its frozeness. Some time later, I was looking through my bag and it was grand again. So unless its start-up time has gone from about a minute to 45 minutes, something went wrong :-(

I'm not sure if this works for an iTouch, but if your iPod freezes you can reset it by pressing down the Menu and middle buttons for a few seconds, until the Apple logo comes up on the screen. Usually sorts out the problem :)

And couches in the Arts Block? I like the sound of that, seeing as I plan on living in there next year :D

Anyone see the plugs they installed along the booths in the common room today? I can see why they did it but I think it's the wrong thing, I was there today and 7 of the 12 booths were taken up by one person in each using a laptop. There are plenty of seats and plugs along the wall with the high seats if people want to use laptops alone. The booths are designed for groups.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone see the plugs they installed along the booths in the common room today? I can see why they did it but I think it's the wrong thing, I was there today and 7 of the 12 booths were taken up by one person in each using a laptop. There are plenty of seats and plugs along the wall with the high seats if people want to use laptops alone. The booths are designed for groups.

Sit down with them. If they're bothered they can move or you might even make a new friend.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Sit down with them. If they're bothered they can move or you might even make a new friend.

Can hardly do that if you're with 3 other people and you're not using laptops..

I've sat and shared booths with strangers before and nearly always been met with reluctant sighs and rolling of eyes before they drag there stuff over to make space.

I can understand if there are 4 people sitting in them and all are using laptops or not, whatever, my problem is when there's a group of you wanting to sit down, all tables are taken, plenty of space and the high desks and yet you'll still get people who are taking a whole booth to themselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Can hardly do that if you're with 3 other people and you're not using laptops..

I've sat and shared booths with strangers before and nearly always been met with reluctant sighs and rolling of eyes before they drag there stuff over to make space.

I can understand if there are 4 people sitting in them and all are using laptops or not, whatever, my problem is when there's a group of you wanting to sit down, all tables are taken, plenty of space and the high desks and yet you'll still get people who are taking a whole booth to themselves.

Jump in anyway, if it's 1 person taking up a booth and there's none else free it's their problem if a group decides to join them.

• Advertisement

Dear Rebel Pizza:

Is my pizza ever coming?

I ordered it two hours ago. Is it coming? I'd like to know if it's not so I can order food from somewhere else before everywhere is closed. Even more than that, I'd like the pizza I ordered.

The original estimate for delivery was about half an hour. I've called you a good few times since then. So much in fact that my phone is now dead and I can't even ring anywhere else for food.

It was a "12 with ham, pepperoni and chicken, theoretically destined for Moyglare Abbey.

It's OK though. Naturally I had the foresight to get some food in for myself. Might put the feet up and watch a few seasons of House as I tuck into my cucumber, pot of Gooseberry jam, and tub of Philadelphia.

Sincerely,
    Rob.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement