Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The blog posts are great Aengus. You can go ahead and sign me up for the "first response squad" if you want as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

...http://bit.ly/aEWsDp
    And this one is the latest news from your SU.
    The Blue Chairs are Dead: Yes, the posture-correcting, prison-issue chairs in the Arts Block will be gone by the time you get back in September. We’ve been working with the tender process and hopefully there will be a brand new, comfy alternative by the start of term.

TD Lobbying: I have written to every TD in Kildare eliciting a response on their stance on fees and the registration fee. So far only one has come back to me, Emmet Stagg (Labour) with a very good response, but I’ll let ye know more as the remaining six respond.

The new SU shop sounds good too. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

GET ME A JOB IN THE NEW SHOP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The blue chairs are dead? OH YESSSSH! And I really like the idea of having wee groups, Welfairies ftw :D We gets hoodies *smug face*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

First year handbook is going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

GET ME A JOB IN THE NEW SHOP!

****, why didnt i think of that.

ME TOO PLEASE.
    HIRE ME. I SHOUT LOTS

No, but seriously.
    Job please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

There are two first year History repeats scheduled on the same day at the same time, HY114 and HY152,is this a misprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

There are two first year History repeats scheduled on the same day at the same time, HY114 and HY152,is this a misprint.

Call the Examinations office as soon as you can and get it straightened out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ataxia wrote: »
    Call the Examinations office as soon as you can and get it straightened out.

Second that. I just checked to be sure, and yes, they're sheduled for the same time. If you're repeating both, you need to phone the exams office ASAP. They might re-shedule an exam or accommodate you to sit both exams seperate to everyone else.

Knowing Maynooth they'll probably just expect you to get your hands on a Harry Potter style time turner clock. :p

Third that?

The main thing is to get in touch with them as soon as possible.
    Like right now, before they close at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Doesn't affect me, anyone doing MH113 that didn't pass either one will be affected,they should give me a medal for spotting this.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Finally got a quick look round the new building beside JH today, looks nice!

Just got Chrome downloaded on to my netbook now too. I've had to use IE for the past while O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Twitter's down :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Twitter's down :eek:

Twitter is ALWAYS down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Glad it's not just me. Allandanyways is following me since today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Lest anybody should forget...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrdwhXNt4qw

Thats exactly what i imagine everyday life in Moldova to be like.

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me. Allandanyways is following me since today :)

Yer spost to follow back *grumble grumble*

5 weeks til I'm off to live in Spain. Any tips for moving abroad, boardsies who have done it? Also how does one go about reserving another suitcase on a Ryanair flight that's already been booked (don't laugh)? Forgot to book 2 suitcases when I was booking the flight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

With ryanair even if you book another bag you still only have 20kg or whatever their limit is it just means you spread the weight over two bags :( The only way to get more baggage allowance is to pay for it at the desk :(

Only 25 days til I move to France... ****

With ryanair even if you book another bag you still only have 20kg or whatever their limit is it just means you spread the weight over two bags :( The only way to get more baggage allowance is to pay for it at the desk :(

Only 25 days til I move to France... ****

So what you're saying is... I could technically bring 40 kg of stuff with me, I'd just have to pay for it? That could work....

Think I'll just try and keep packing to a minimum. THIS WILL BE FUN.

You started packing yet??

Yeah you can. But it's like ~€30 for every additional kilo I think!

Haven't started yet.. don't even know where to start! I want to bring everything (and everyone :() but there just isn't the space! And even if I had the the space to bring it all, I certainly won't have the space in my accommodation to store it all :o

Yeah you can. But it's like ~€30 for every additional kilo I think!

Haven't started yet.. don't even know where to start! I want to bring everything (and everyone :() but there just isn't the space! And even if I had the the space to bring it all, I certainly won't have the space in my accommodation to store it all :o

I have this feeling as well. I want to bring my books and my candles and my assorted stationary and also I have loads of gorgeous photo frames that I want to bring with me (and the photos in them as well obviously) but they just can't come with me. Madrid IKEA is going to LOVE me.

I'm going over the last weekend in August to stick my nose in around the place and might bring some stuff over then but no idea what to bring over?

I've a feeling I'll be back home with an empty suitcase fairly sharpish. :(

Deep down, I'm sure I'm excited about moving.:rolleyes:

Me too, I'm excited and it's going to be an amazing experience... there's just so many people to miss while I'm gone :(

Me too, I'm excited and it's going to be an amazing experience... there's just so many people to miss while I'm gone :(

Hey if you get lonely and want a change of scenery, my Spanish door will be open! :)

The same goes for you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Enjoy Europe! I am jealous, another two years in the rain and then... zero clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Only person repeating the particular modules I'm repeating.

Feels good to be special :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement