Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Jaysus Liz gave me round 50 of them! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Lifetime supply? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Lifetime supply? :pac:

Hahahahahhaha I pity the fool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

amyputz wrote: »
    Dare I ask how you earned them?? :P
    ;)

Officially...for throwing a ball and knocking a coconut to the ground. Surprisingly difficult!
    Hint hint...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Is there anywhere on campus I can get my student travel card this week? Checked the SU today and found nothing but lots of students drunk/drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is there anywhere on campus I can get my student travel card this week? Checked the SU today and found nothing but lots of students drunk/drinking.

Did you try the SU office?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Y'know, I actually totally forgot that place existed :o

Y'know, I actually totally forgot that place existed :o

Lol, happens to the best of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Who's the one to talk to about setting up a club? I talked to the sports officer today, but it was only for a second. He basically said I should set one up, and then after a while show everything to the college to apply for official recognition.

Just wondering what kind of stuff I would need to do to get recognition? Any help from one of the SU reps would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

J.D.R wrote: »
    Who's the one to talk to about setting up a club? I talked to the sports officer today, but it was only for a second. He basically said I should set one up, and then after a while show everything to the college to apply for official recognition.

Just wondering what kind of stuff I would need to do to get recognition? Any help from one of the SU reps would be greatly appreciated.

Setting up a club is pretty straightforward. Here's what you need:

1. A letter of Application to the Student Affairs Committee, NUIM
    - saying: if something similar exists already, and why yours is different and any past activities.

2. A list of your committee

3. A constitution (there are templates available from the SU)

4. A complete Capitation form (available online at nuimsu.com)

It also helps to have a petition signed by 60 students that they would like your club to exist.

If there's anything else I can do send me (president@nuimsu.com) or Kyle (clubs@nuimsu.com) an email.

Much Love,
    AE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

will the student union be as packed everyday this week?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    will the student union be as packed everyday this week?

For this week most likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Setting up a club is pretty straightforward. Here's what you need:

1. A letter of Application to the Student Affairs Committee, NUIM
    - saying: if something similar exists already, and why yours is different and any past activities.

2. A list of your committee

3. A constitution (there are templates available from the SU)

4. A complete Capitation form (available online at nuimsu.com)

It also helps to have a petition signed by 60 students that they would like your club to exist.

If there's anything else I can do send me (president@nuimsu.com) or Kyle (clubs@nuimsu.com) an email.

Much Love,
    AE

Really appreciate it man:D.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Man the SU there tonight...The poor band, it would be soul-destroying playing to a crowd like that, especially when there's loads of people in the building! I didn't think much of them but still...

amyputz wrote: »
    Man the SU there tonight...The poor band, it would be soul-destroying playing to a crowd like that, especially when there's loads of people in the building! I didn't think much of them but still...

Wouldn't have happened if the band were any good....

Was anyone in Maynooth town centre tonight around half one to witness the massive riot/dance/rave that lasted for about an hour? I've honestly seen nothing like it in my time in Maynooth. The street was shut down for an hour. Crazy place...

Yeah I saw this....it was mental. Had to cut in past the roost and by the canal up to Straffan road to get home. I though it was a massive fight or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Sounds bonkers. I was in bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Yeah I saw this....it was mental. Had to cut in past the roost and by the canal up to Straffan road to get home. I though it was a massive fight or something.

It was just a load of morons singing Fields of Athenry and Come On You Boys In Green etc., all the classics. I saw one little scrap, and there probably could have been a huge brawl, but it never got that far. Handbags! :p

Saw a guy trying to drive through, they all surrounded the car and start shaking it and that lark.

Ugh, apparently NUIM's full of total idiots.

They'll be weeded out with continual assessment and Christmas exams.

• Advertisement

Just got an all-student email that must be related to this. That's impressive, one day and they're already complaining!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Just got an all-student email that must be related to this. That's impressive, one day and they're already complaining!

Just got that as well!

I hope idiocy like this doesn't end up with consequences that will affect all of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

LeixlipRed wrote: »

They have every right to complain, unlike most of the stuff that gets sent out.
    Or brought up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Howie365

they could have at least acknowledged in the e-mail that it was the minority of students causing problems and not everyone.

Howie365 wrote: »
    they could have at least acknowledged in the e-mail that it was the minority of students causing problems and not everyone.
    Yes, the majority were most definitely not students. And in fairness the dancing on the street was in good spirit from what I could see.

There were a few incidents during the night but that's to be expected on the first night back unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

It's normally never students anyway, just the riff raff that turn up during events like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Howie365

Even if it was all students, it's unfair to warn the thousands due to the poor conduct of a few hundred.

I understand the need to send the e-mail but a paragraph mentioning that they understand most students are not involved wouldn't go amiss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

anyone else do that thing were they log into moodle instead of the nuim webmail(or vice versa)?

I bleedin always do it, i'll be thinking "hmmmm should probably check my webmail...."

*seconds later

"what did i come on moodle to do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

I didnt get the email, I think they have removed me from the list :(

• Advertisement

I heard a lot of the cars parked on main street had their windows smashed? Fairly appalling behaviour, scumbags.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement