Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I heard a lot of the cars parked on main street had their windows smashed? Fairly appalling behaviour, scumbags.

I saw one this morning anyway, had two windows smashed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I was fast asleep during it on account of having a cold...kinda glad now :P but I have seen videos of it, there was a serious amount of people there!

I didn't think much of them attacking the ambulance as it tried to get through, that could have been at the cost of someone else's life/health...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

amyputz wrote: »
    but I have seen videos of it

Videos? Any chance there is a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Ahh, attacking an ambulance, it takes a special kind of **** to do such a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I hate that kind of carry on. It's always worse in the first couple weeks of college. Trouble makers should be kicked out straight off.

pakb1ue wrote: »
    Videos? Any chance there is a link?

Not from me anyways, it was a friend who managed to record it off his phone. He's on this actually, Mr. Fantastic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it freshers week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yep it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

drove through Maynooth around 11pm on Monday and i've never seen so many drunken idiots walkin all over the road seriously annoying and then roaring abuse at you if you beeped to let them know they were in your way. grrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The girls will be wet in Maynooth tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

K4t wrote: »
    The girls will be wet in Maynooth tonight..

They'll be little dripsters, total wetsers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone any idea what the best way would be for me to get from the Aviva Stadium I mean new Landsdowne road (Happy banquo and leopoldbloom?! :P) to Maynooth on Friday and Saturday night after 11pm?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

APT is a crap room.

Anyone any idea what the best way would be for me to get from the Aviva Stadium I mean new Landsdowne road (Happy banquo and leopoldbloom?! :P) to Maynooth on Friday and Saturday night after 11pm?!

Bus is the only public transport option. Last train is just after 11 so you probably wouldn't make it. Last one leaves town at 1130. After that it's nitelink.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Hey guys, still haven't found any student travelcard desks around the place? Does anybody from the SU know what the deal is with them? They seem to have disappeared since orientation week :(

/satisfied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Royal Irish Park Stadium?

Big thank you to Alt_Grrr who let me back into my room tonight :P Had to go through the pissing rain in a tshirt and vans that were 7 sizes too big for me to get a new key!!! Bad times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Hey guys, still haven't found any student travelcard desks around the place? Does anybody from the SU know what the deal is with them? They seem to have disappeared since orientation week :(

you go to the su office which is to the right of the entrance to the su. They do the travel cards there.

128573.PNG

marked with the tiny blue circle !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Howie365

Guys, is there anything to do in the town or on campus?

tomorrow im in at 11:00am to register for labs but I dont actually have anything until my only lecture of the day at 5pm :eek:

going home and coming back in isnt an option

So need something to kill the time, other than drinking in the SU :p

Go to the gym and then go for a swim, could eat up 3 hours if you're like me.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Bus is the only public transport option. Last train is just after 11 so you probably wouldn't make it. Last one leaves town at 1130. After that it's nitelink.

Oh this could be fun... God knows where I'm gonna end up those nights!

So many emails. Had to get out of the office for a while, hiding in library. SO MANY EMAILS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I miss regular internet access ;_;

At least there's a TV in our house now though, we'd resorted to making jigsaws for entertainment.

Few linked questions

Is there a game shop in Maynooth?
    If not, do Tesco sell games?
    If so, are they good with getting in games on their release date?
    If not, does the 66 stop at Liffey Valley?

Need to get F1 2010 tomorrow :D

Howie365 wrote: »
    Few linked questions

Is there a game shop in Maynooth? Don't think so
    If not, do Tesco sell games?Yes
    If so, are they good with getting in games on their release date? Couldn't tell you
    If not, does the 66 stop at Liffey Valley? yes it does. Takes about 20mins and costs €2.20

Need to get F1 2010 tomorrow :D

I take it you can see my answers! :P

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Howie365 wrote: »
    thank you :)

IF your bored next thursday aswell send me a pm , might be driving down to liffey valley with another lad from my course to waste a bit of time depending on if theres nothing to do.

So if you know directions (its been a good 8 months since i worked in maynooth with my uncle) it will be good, kind of forget the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

IF your bored next thursday aswell send me a pm , might be driving down to liffey valley with another lad from my course to waste a bit of time depending on if theres nothing to do.

So if you know directions (its been a good 8 months since i worked in maynooth with my uncle) it will be good, kind of forget the way.

It's a straight road with a slight bend at woodies, you can't go to far wrong :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement