Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Howie365 wrote: »
    Few linked questions

Is there a game shop in Maynooth?

There's a music/game shop in Manor Mills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just finished the order and structure of the upcoming student paper.

HUGE thanks to all who helped! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Just wondering if the Student's Union office is open on weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Few linked questions

Is there a game shop in Maynooth?
    If not, do Tesco sell games?
    If so, are they good with getting in games on their release date?
    If not, does the 66 stop at Liffey Valley?

Need to get F1 2010 tomorrow :D

There is a Gaming place up on the Old Dublin Road (walk down the town from the college past O'Neills etc towards Tesco and walk past Avenue cafe and it's upstairs above the photo centre! :D

They should have something there!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Rafcam wrote: »
    Just wondering if the Student's Union office is open on weekends?

its closed.
    Sorry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Guys, is there anything to do in the town or on campus?

tomorrow im in at 11:00am to register for labs but I dont actually have anything until my only lecture of the day at 5pm :eek:

going home and coming back in isnt an option

So need something to kill the time, other than drinking in the SU :p

sit at computers and surf the net :pac:

(computers in callan foyer are still there... right? right??)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    its closed.
    Sorry...

Ready to start assembling some benches? In, like, several hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Moodle Forum Digest.

17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I was just browsing randomly, procrastinating... and ended up on nuimsu.com. I clicked on a couple of links and read a few things and came to the last couple of lines of the one about Hanafin. http://www.nuimsu.com/?p=190
    Somebody wrote:
    Ó Maoláin also raised the points to the Minister that: Mature Students now face a waiting period of three years after their undergraduate degree before they can begin a postgraduate course; and the potential cuts to the SAF.
    I'm wondering about two things, and I hope someone can answer them.

Firstly, what is an 'SAF'?
    Secondly, and much more importantly in my opinion, what exactly does this mean: "Mature Students now face a waiting period of three years after their undergraduate degree before they can begin a postgraduate course"?

Is there a bit missing from that sentence? Because if whoever posted it means what those exact words mean... then I should mention that I know no-one who's aware of this, because we've all been planning to do postgraduate courses right after our degrees. And if there is a bit missing and I've misunderstood, and someone from the SU is reading this thread... could you please in future make things a little clearer in your posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

mickstupp wrote: »
    Secondly, and much more importantly in my opinion, what exactly does this mean: "Mature Students now face a waiting period of three years after their undergraduate degree before they can begin a postgraduate course"?

It means that if you are applying for a maintenance grant for a postgraduate course, you must have graduated at least three years ago if you are to change the status under which you recieved a grant at degree level, e.g., someone does a BA as a dependent mature candidate, graduates, immediately leaves home and starts living completely independently of their parents, two years later, they go to do a masters, and find out that they are still going to be assessed under their parent's income because this three year rule means they are not considered independent.

That's my understanding anyway - probably a rubbish explanation; someone is bound to be along with a better one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

The library lied to me today :( Well that is to say that shitty calendar thing that they have on their website lied to me.

Said it was closed, but then also gave opening times. It also gave events for the day! WHYYYYY??????? Stupid library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Kinski wrote: »
    It means that if you are applying for a maintenance grant for a postgraduate course, you must have graduated at least three years ago if you are to change the status under which you recieved a grant at degree level, e.g., someone does a BA as a dependent mature candidate, graduates, immediately leaves home and starts living completely independently of their parents, two years later, they go to do a masters, and find out that they are still going to be assessed under their parent's income because this three year rule means they are not considered independent.

That's my understanding anyway - probably a rubbish explanation; someone is bound to be along with a better one.

No that's basically it. I was just denied one because of my situation.

Started my undergrad at 22 finished it at 25. Still considered an "immature" student when I finished.

Sooooooo, I applied (for the FIRST time) for a grant for my MA.

I needed 3 years break between them to be eligible for it, despite being independent for 2nd and 3rd year (and currently). Because......tha'ts what everybody does apparently.

Bolloxology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Bolloxology.

Well... that's an excellent word for it.

Thank you both for the explanation.

I'm addicted to the hot chocolates from the Nescafé machine in the Arts Block. NOT GOOD.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm addicted to the hot chocolates from the Nescafé machine in the Arts Block. NOT GOOD.

Discovered them in Loftus (or that area) last week. they are AMAZING!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Ooh, are they the ones you can get for €1? Om nom nom. They got me through exams last January.

There's a scary and smelly woman beside me in the Arts block with her face nearly touching the computer screen. :|

Move so!
    Anyone know how to make a copy of a dvd? Please help!

kellief wrote: »
    Move so!
    Anyone know how to make a copy of a dvd? Please help!

Too much effort! :p

irish_goat wrote: »
    Too much effort! :p

There's laptop plug space in the reading room!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

You mean at the 8-sided thing? So am I!

But which one... :D

There's laptop plug space in the reading room!

The laptop is at home.

This woman is seriously weird, she keeps looking at my screen too and has now taken a dirty plastic bag filled with old magazines out of her bag is just arranging them around her computer without using them.

Oh and she looks like this.

crazy-cat-lady.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Daemos wrote: »
    You mean at the 8-sided thing? So am I!

But which one... :D

He's the one with the big northy head on him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

He's the one with the big northy head on him :pac:
    Lots of planets have a north

/wonders how many people will get that reference

Fenny wrote: »
    Ooh, are they the ones you can get for €1? Om nom nom. They got me through exams last January.
    Yep that's them <3

Yay for having internet and TV in my house now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

irish_goat wrote: »
    The laptop is at home.

This woman is seriously weird, she keeps looking at my screen too and has now taken a dirty plastic bag filled with old magazines out of her bag is just arranging them around her computer without using them.

Oh and she looks like this.

crazy-cat-lady.jpg&t=1

I think I saw her in the bank today! Minus the cats. She wasn't smelling so hot then either, as I remember. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Daemos wrote: »
    Lots of planets have a north

/wonders how many people will get that reference

Best program ever. If only watch would play it from one episode to the next, instead of 5 or 6 at a time, stop, then play a completely different series.

Still class though

Two Fight Like Apes Tickets for sale, €3 each. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Two Fight Like Apes Tickets for sale, €3 each. PM me

Kellie my dear, I would just like to say I love you, but I do not need a ticket for Fight like Apes, as we are both so special ;);););););):D

• Advertisement

ash xxx wrote: »
    Kellie my dear, I would just like to say I love you, but I do not need a ticket for Fight like Apes, as we are both so special ;);););););):D

Ah now, isn't that lovely!! :D xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement