Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

One would imagine that that would cause a few confused faces during the tutorial!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Please.....please don't.

But do say hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I want to join that class now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Please.....please don't.

But do say hello!

Awwwwh :( By the way, are we getting those awful tests back? Or were they so bad that they'll just never be spoken of again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

banquo wrote: »
    5 or 6 people who I have no idea who they are say "Hi Rob!" to me every day. Some of them, statistically, must be boardsies.

Almost did that from the trampoline on Clubs and Socs day, but didn't. I was also going to say 'Hi banquo!' but I thought that'd be more awkward :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

If anyone wants to call me Mr. Bloom that would be fine.

ACTUALLY! Fr. Bloom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If anyone wants to call me Mr. Bloom that would be fine.

ACTUALLY! Fr. Bloom!!

Can. Of. Worms.

Fr. Bloom from now on :D

DO NOT WALK HOME ALONE TONIGHT after dark, there have been a number of serious attacks recently in Maynooth.

Advise your friends the same.*

(Message from the SU, it just takes too long to log in and out of the different accounts on my phone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Sounds serious. One of the advantages of travelling to the college every morning: you get to stay away from most of the trouble.

On a lighter note, I just realised now you're the same Rob as from the SU. You're the crazy one that yelled out your name during the orientation. Should've known then you were a boardsie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Reckon it's about time to come back to boards.ie.

'sup Maynooth.

• Advertisement

amyputz wrote: »
    Awwwwh :( By the way, are we getting those awful tests back? Or were they so bad that they'll just never be spoken of again :P

Oh you'll be getting them back.....I think. Not the end of the world if you never see them again. Purely a test to see everyone's abilities. Best to concentrate on the assignments, lectures and tutorials.

GO TO YOUR LECTURES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

banquo wrote: »
    DO NOT WALK HOME ALONE TONIGHT after dark, there have been a number of serious attacks recently in Maynooth.

Advise your friends the same.*

(Message from the SU, it just takes too long to log in and out of the different accounts on my phone)
    Also, do not use the train station shortcut at night. I was chased by a few lads down there last weekend on my way to the gym. Luckily I was on my bike and nobody catches me on my bike.:cool:

Maynooth is a great place but I've noticed since early on in first year that like any other town in Ireland, there is a bad element to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

These 2 guys started following me and my friends the other night when we were walking home from Tesco. It was actually pretty scary. They waited for us while we were inside and when we came out and they saw us, they turned and started walking towards us. Luckily a taxi was driving past and we took it home. Rather freaky and has made me think twice about going out late at night even with guy friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

I walk along the moyglare road every night, and have not noticed any trouble yet, apart from some rowdy drunken students. I guess these attacks are happening on the far side of town ?

From my own experience.

Moyglare/campus area is safe. Well lit and lots of people around before and after the pubs/clubs.

Straffan road towards Kinsgbry is also generally safe. Busy road, even at night.

Road towards Meadowbrook....I have walked it on my own at night in the past but I would be reluctant to now. Very quiet there at night and a lot of scumbags hang around those estates down that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone else finding it really annoying that they still haven't installed Flash on the Ubuntu partition of the PC's in the computer science department?? It's dead simple so I don't see what they're waiting for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm riding on a slow puncture :( I hope it lasts long enough to get home... What's with the stupid amount of broken glass just lying around Maynooth? The humpback bridge over the train tracks behind South Campus is full of it.

K4t wrote: »
    From my own experience.

Moyglare/campus area is safe. Well lit and lots of people around before and after the pubs/clubs.

Straffan road towards Kinsgbry is also generally safe. Busy road, even at night.

Road towards Meadowbrook....I have walked it on my own at night in the past but I would be reluctant to now. Very quiet there at night and a lot of scumbags hang around those estates down that way.

Just to put some perspective on this (and I'm not disagreeing with you K4t, just giving my own 2c! :) ).

I've had nothing but good experiences on the road towards Meadowbrook. Lived in Meadowbrook Lawns last year, and never had any problems. Walked back that way from a night out many a time by myself and never any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I'm riding on a slow puncture :( I hope it lasts long enough to get home... What's with the stupid amount of broken glass just lying around Maynooth? The humpback bridge over the train tracks behind South Campus is full of it.

The cycle lanes are never swept. The ones on the Straffan Road have had the same glass on them since I moved in just after Christmas.

• Advertisement

Didn't go to college today, stayed home and watched House eating poptarts instead. FREE GAFF (til people come home from work)

Don't forget your bit for the paper. What day did we say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

It's amazing how much you don't notice even in your third year. I went to the café beside the Mill Wine Cellar for the first time on Thursday, and it's now my favourite in Maynooth. Since I've started back I've been trying to go to places I've not been before for the last 2 years.

banquo - Is it OK if I pop in on Monday to see your progress on the new Print and if so when will you be about in your office?

Just to put some perspective on this (and I'm not disagreeing with you K4t, just giving my own 2c! :) ).

I've had nothing but good experiences on the road towards Meadowbrook. Lived in Meadowbrook Lawns last year, and never had any problems. Walked back that way from a night out many a time by myself and never any trouble.
    Fair enough, that's great to hear. Never had any trouble myself either but there is a certain crowd that hang around the Newtown Inn on weekends that I'd keep away from.

And avoid the train station/canal area at all costs at night, especially on weekends.

Jakkass wrote: »
    It's amazing how much you don't notice even in your third year. I went to the café beside the Mill Wine Cellar for the first time on Thursday, and it's now my favourite in Maynooth. Since I've started back I've been trying to go to places I've not been before for the last 2 years.

banquo - Is it OK if I pop in on Monday to see your progress on the new Print and if so when will you be about in your office?

Shore thang.

I'll be out postering at some point, so email me a bit before and I'll be able to let you know.

Don't forget your bit for the paper

Broseph, just under 2,000 words and a heap of images here. Ready to go, reckon it's a great read. Horray!

Just had a lovely bath.

<3 me Saturdays.

God being at home during weekends is so boring...I'm starting to think of only going home every 2nd weekend...only thing is I'd miss my 1 year old sister/goddaughter too much, she's like the most perfect well-behaved baby ever! It's tough, I'm torn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

You think Maynooth is funnier during weekends? The most exciting thing that happens here during weekends is when chinese students keep you awake at night with their kareoke singing.

• Advertisement

When I said boring, what I meant to say was aggravating =P Nothing to do with me, just my sisters fighting with each other, my parents shouting at my sisters, my sisters huffing...and me and my tiniest sister just stuck in the middle of it all going "head shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes" :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement