Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

President of University role/position advertised on publicjobs.ie.:confused:

http://publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/star/goToJobDetails.do?id=741&featuredJob=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I wouldn't bother applying. After the revolution we'll be electing him :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Is there an accomodation specific notice board anywhere in the college?
    Looking to move out but at this stage its hard to find houses with other students and the notices I do find in college are always in semi-random locations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Nearly certain there is no specific accommodation notice board, they are spread over notice boards all over campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

banquo wrote: »
    21% turnout. Which, believe it or not, is stunning for the first year rep elections

I didn't even know about it till I checked my e-mails yesterday evening :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

amyputz wrote: »
    I didn't even know about it till I checked my e-mails yesterday evening :P

I knew more about it this year than last year! I didn't even know who was running last year! Did anyone even run against Louise?!
    I knew way more this year when it was of no relevance to me! :D

I suppose it didn't make any difference whether I knew about the voting or not since I didn't know who was running or what they were offering either :P

I couldn't do it. So much to be doing already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

It'll be interesting to see how long these hour a day office hours in the common room last, especially around exam times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Yeah First Year Rep Elections was horribly advertised last year, much better this year. Has as much to do with the candidates being a lot more vocal this time, really getting their name out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Funky Penguin is a bad man!! I will not post silly things on Boards!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Do it!

I do it all the time when I'm drunk! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

BAD MAN!!!!

I'm hungover and meant to be teaching. "Here, google your favourite food and write me the recipe".

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

We wrote: »
    Is there an accomodation specific notice board anywhere in the college?
    Looking to move out but at this stage its hard to find houses with other students and the notices I do find in college are always in semi-random locations :P

Residence Office has a notice board for these things.
    Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Nearly certain there is no specific accommodation notice board, they are spread over notice boards all over campus.

Its Outside the Residence Office,
    In Student Services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I blew up a balloon in my class to throw around and ask questions with... there's one kid who is absolutely insane and makes me dread Saturday classes. Turns out she's afraid of balloons, nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Flashback alert...Flashback alert...Sorry Roz...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Happy birthday banquo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Why, thank you! Wasn't expecting it. Spending my big day in work, but delighted - first issue of The Print goes to print in the next 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FYR

J.D.R wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how long these hour a day office hours in the common room last, especially around exam times

They'll last for as long as there's demand for them. people show up and I'll be there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone else noticing a distincitive "crapness" in the PACR computers this year?

Firefox seems to crash more, especially when viewing PDFs and if you type an error in the address bar e.g. www.google.coom it freezes for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I can't compare with previous years, but I've noticed a lot of errors when using Firefox. Looking up .pdfs on Moodle can be touch and go, and I've had ebrary take three minutes to change page on one occasion. I've found switching to Internet Explorer usually makes everything work fine, even if you feel dirty doing it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I think since going to windows 7 the computers are loading much more smoothly.

Just wondering, what ELT is and where it's located. I have a tutorial tomorow at 9, so if anyone could shed some light before then I would really really appreciate it

Education Lecture Theatre - Education House :)

amyputz wrote: »
    Education Lecture Theatre - Education House :)

Thank you very much :D

No bodger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

If anyone wants a hot chocolate, don't get it in the O'Briens in John Hume. Second day in a row I've got some there and got near the bottom of the cup only to get a big gulp of powder :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Daemos wrote: »
    If anyone wants a hot chocolate, don't get it in the O'Briens in John Hume. Second day in a row I've got some there and got near the bottom of the cup only to get a big gulp of powder :(

I can't wait until someone invents the teaspoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Don't get anything there. It's a stinky kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I really really really need a ticket for the halloween ball tonight!! Like really really!!

PM me if you have one you're selling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I haven't had a class since last monday.. NINE days ago!

Come on France, let me study!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement