Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Just a reminder about the FEE public meeting this evening at 6 in the SU. Anyone who's interested in finding out more about the fight on fees should attend. Colin Coulter from the Sociology department will be giving a short talk as well I believe.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Martin-Grehan/1820693654#!/event.php?eid=122678851123162

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Just a reminder about the FEE public meeting this evening at 6 in the SU. Anyone who's interested in finding out more about the fight on fees should attend. Colin Coulter from the Sociology department will be giving a short talk as well I believe.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Martin-Grehan/1820693654#!/event.php?eid=122678851123162
    Colin cancelled our class on Nov 3rd so we could all go to the march, so not surprised he's going to be at that meeting :pac:

Free Theatre 2 on Thursdays at 1, currently taking advantage of that.

Gave a very impassioned speech as well, legend! Decent turnout too given it was Thursday before mid-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Just got an email saying I got my work placement for next term!! Absolutely delighted!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Just got an email saying I got my work placement for next term!! Absolutely delighted!! :D:D

Yay! where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Is the college closed tomorrow? Like, are there any teachers working? I sent some emails last friday, wonder if there's any chance someone might get back to me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I presume because it is a Bank Holiday that the whole University is closed and no lecturers should be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Library is closed tomorrow so I would take it that everywhere else is to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Some lecturers check their email daily. You might get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

What about the shops? Are they closed as well? I remember there was a bank holiday last year but I don't remember which shops were closed and which were open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Stuff will still be open, There are people other than students living in maynoth.

I just realised I bought a bottle of sparkling water instead of still, FML.

The library is depressingly full - Stupid essays, I want my mid-term back ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I just realised I bought a bottle of sparkling water instead of still, FML.

The library is depressingly full - Stupid essays, I want my mid-term back ;_;

Sparkling water is sooo much better than still!! And I 'gree, sooo much to do, sooo much I'm not doing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Anyone else graduating on Thursday? Who's going out Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I love the empty trains during reading week.

*stretches legs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubz13

Heard something last week that could be a complete rumour but I need to know if it is or not...

Someone told me that a friend of theirs (a 3rd year girl??) was punched by a member of the SU committee in the SU bar last week over a spilt drink... Can anyone confirm or deny it?

History repeating itself much... if its true?

Not mentioning any names cos I don't wanna be accused of starting anything, but if anyone knows what Im talking about then theyll know if it happened or not. If no one knows what Im talking about then no one has been accused wrongly of anything and no one can get hurt!

Rob, you beating down on da bitchez?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

That rumour sounds a bit ridiculous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Heard the same rumour from a few people, probably best if it's not discussed on here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Why can't we discuss rumours on boards again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Well, it's wholly daft that people should discuss mere hearsay that could be potentially damaging to any person or persons reputation on a public forum, isn't it?

dubz13: You'd think you'd encourage the person claiming this to go to the SU and sort it out directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Exactly, no rumors here that could possibly damage a reputation if found to be untrue.

Do as Jakkass advised and we'll leave it at that for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Jakkass wrote: »
    Well, it's wholly daft that people should discuss mere hearsay that could be potentially damaging to any person or persons reputation on a public forum, isn't it?

dubz13: You'd think you'd encourage the person claiming this to go to the SU and sort it out directly?

Apparently she's pressing charges, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard if it was true or not.

Topic dropped...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

I'm currently in shock... My housemates decided that it would be a great idea to use the PS3 to watch shock videos on the TV in the sitting room...

They are certainly called shock videos for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Well, it's wholly daft that people should discuss mere hearsay

are you making fun of theology lecturers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

wonton wrote: »
    are you making fun of theology lecturers?

Because that's precisely the context I was referring to, isn't it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Hey, just wondering, I got approval for the grant yesterday and was wondering, how long until I would get the first instalment of it?

Thanks

J.D.R wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering, I got approval for the grant yesterday and was wondering, how long until I would get the first instalment of it?

Thanks
    I imagine your cheque will arrive in a week or two. All depends on how organised your county council is really.

I really don't know what I'm doing with this Ulysses essay :( It's actually a pretty straight forward question, clearly I'm just stupid. Aaaaargh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Omg, it is soooooooo cold in the library today. Does anyone else hate when you're in the library, everyone alse looks really hard at work and you're the only one dossing? It makes me feel bad so I then feel guilty enough to do the work I came in to do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Okay, fair enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement