Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Daemos wrote: »
    Christ almighty, I've never seen the library so crowded. Literally had to wait for someone to get up before I could sit down

PACR was packed out yesterday too. Students.....studying! These days always pop up when I've work to be at. Few hours to kill in the oul' library tomorrow so hoping for a quiet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Having a look around in the liberry, since the folks nearby are having a grand auld conversation about something unutterably boring... and I notice the guy two tables over is doing a word count on his essay. Manually. With his pen up against the screen, counting them one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

What are the late fees for Day Loan books in the library? Was supposed to be due today but I forgot it can't bring it in until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

This has always annoyed me and made me wonder, pissed me off too much to bother finding out, but now it's just too tempting... How much does a coffee in Bewley's in the arts building cost?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

El Pr0n wrote: »
    This has always annoyed me and made me wonder, pissed me off too much to bother finding out, but now it's just too tempting... How much does a coffee in Bewley's in the arts building cost?

Bout 2.10 for a regular I think and then 2.50 for a large.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Daemos wrote: »
    What are the late fees for Day Loan books in the library? Was supposed to be due today but I forgot it can't bring it in until Monday
    €2 per day, it's a bit of a balls >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

irish_goat wrote: »
    Bout 2.10 for a regular I think and then 2.50 for a large.

Actually it was €2.50 for a regular and a bit more for large...

...But yes, they were as good as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Got my mid-term maths test back yest. I did em, fairly well *cough*100percent*cough* but then I was punished for it by being forced to go up in front of the class and explain to other people why they were wrong!

**** man, from now on it's scraping by with the bare minimum like a normal person for me!

^Well done! Even if you didn't like the aftermath :pac:

Ulysses essay finally handed in... FUP YEAH!

Also The Silence of the Lambs is on in the lecture hall in Iontas at 3 if anyone wants to watch it :D You'd be sitting in on an english class, but still.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

^Well done! Even if you didn't like the aftermath :pac:

Ulysses essay finally handed in... FUP YEAH!

Also The Silence of the Lambs is on in the lecture hall in Iontas at 3 if anyon wants to watch it :D You'd be sitting in on an english class, but still.

I'll be there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Does anyone know where the nearest cinema is to Maynooth campus?

Jonah42 wrote: »

Liffey Valley I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Jonah42 wrote: »

Probably Liffey Valley?

Silence Of The Lambs - what a brilliant movie! Film might not be my favourite module ever, but you sure as hell get to see some great stuff :)

Also, yeah Vue in Liffey Valley would be the closest I imagine. It's about half an hour on the 66, or less if you're driving. And it has a Ben & Jerry's stand <3

Silence Of The Lambs - what a brilliant movie! Film might not be my favourite module ever, but you sure as hell get to see some great stuff :)

Also, yeah Vue in Liffey Valley would be the closest I imagine. It's about half an hour on the 66, or less if you're driving. And it has a Ben & Jerry's stand <3

Yea a friend and I crashed that, thanks for letting us know!
    Any more movies coming up?! :P

Yeah Liffey Valley methinks...I actually thought the cinema in Dundalk was decent, until I saw Liffey Valley :P God Dundalk is a ****hole ^^',

amyputz wrote: »
    Yeah Liffey Valley methinks...I actually thought the cinema in Dundalk was decent, until I saw Liffey Valley :P God Dundalk is a ****hole ^^',

At least it has a cinema! For a few years the whole of Co. Wicklow had none and now there's only one for the whole place! Very annoying!

Yea a friend and I crashed that, thanks for letting us know!
    Any more movies coming up?! :P
    There will be, but I'm not sure what they'll be! There's been films on at that time all semester, I should have posted about them before :P

There will be, but I'm not sure what they'll be! There's been films on at that time all semester, I should have posted about them before :P

Yes you should have! Can give me something to do on my Fridays when i don't go home!

Let us know about more if they're any good! :)

At least it has a cinema! For a few years the whole of Co. Wicklow had none and now there's only one for the whole place! Very annoying!

I suppose yeah at least we have one, though only half the seats work and half of them are ripped to pieces :P

I saw a sign in the cinema in Dundalk about a week ago, saying that unemployed people get half price tickets...I'm unemployed, and it's more than the student discount! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

If Maynooth had a cinema I'd never leave the ****ing place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

As I understand, our local entrepreneur here in Celbridge (Damien, previously of Damien's Londis which is now a Spar) wanted to open a cinema out the road, but it didn't get planning permission.

EDIT: Or is it a centra... can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Thanks folks.

Apparently the reading room is where I'm at my most productive, be it studying or posting on boards :pac:

God damn you Rihanna and your catchy songs! *shakes fist*

Aw guys, I'm in a really good mood (: first time I've been able to say that in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Was working today (walking tour) and the sun was splitting the trees. Second I finished, left the group and got on the bus, God pissed buckets down upon Dublin. Love that.

FUCK YEAH.

intro-wink.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

^

EPIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

This hotel kiosk computer has to predate the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

banquo wrote: »
    This hotel kiosk computer has to predate the internet.

You are away for the weekend, stop posting on the internet ya nerd ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Goggle-eyed from drawing up class rep consituencies. Stupid working weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement