Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

There is an oul fella asleep in the reading room and his slight snoring is distracting me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

amyputz wrote: »
    Meow meow just wondering, do tutorial times and labs and all stay at the same time as this term, next term?? Pleeeease say yes!
    Well I'm doing two sets of tutorials, and AFAIK they'll be on the same time next semester as this one. You're doing Arts as well as me, so I'd say they'll stay the same for you too.

Best to ask the Department to be sure though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

amyputz wrote: »
    Meow meow just wondering, do tutorial times and labs and all stay at the same time as this term, next term?? Pleeeease say yes!

Well all my tutorials stayed the same for the 2 semesters last year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Ah cool, I thought they would since all the new modules are follow-ons from this semester and they're taking up the same time-slots (on the prov. timetable anyways). Well if that's the case it's deadly, I'm gonna love second semester! :P

This has been an awful week, can't wait for it to end :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm arguing in the four courts in less than 3 hours. Oh. Dear. God

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wow, they really do fast track law students here.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I'm starting to get a little confused regarding the end of the semester. I'm doing some First Arts subjects, and looking at the timetables for the weeks ahead...there's only two weeks left? In every module I have that has a pre-released lecture list? Despite the dates we got at the beginning saying lectures finish on the 17th? So do lectures actually be finished on the 3rd instead? Did I use too many question marks? :pac:

On a similar note, I'm stunned with how fast this semester has flown by. One of my modules finishes on Monday, aside from having to hand in an essay shortly after! I feel as though I've just gotten used to everything! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Strange question here folks I know, but does anyone know where I can get a 2 pin plug adaptor in the town? I'm in desperate need of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Strange question here folks I know, but does anyone know where I can get a 2 pin plug adaptor in the town? I'm in desperate need of one.

At this time of night?

Ah no, I'd say your best bet is to try 'Click' (the technology type shop) in Manor Mills. Or Tescos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

If you can't find one in the town, Curry's in Liffey Valley definitely have them, 8 quid (3 pin into 2 pin and vice versa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Or the electrical shop beside the flower shop on the square (across the road from Brady's) might have one too.

Box of matches. Much cheaper.

/dad was electrician

/dad was electrocuted

^fixed ur post

no no wait, I have a better one...

WAS being the operative word. *rolls eyes*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Heatons down by tesco should have them for €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Lovely job, thanks very much.

CnaG wrote: »
    /dad was electrocuted

^fixed ur post

That's actually why he's not an electrician anymore. True story!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

My nuim email is getting riddled with spam emails all of a sudden. Anyone else had problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Devia wrote: »
    My nuim email is getting riddled with spam emails all of a sudden. Anyone else had problems?

I got over 500+ last year, forward all your mails to gmail and the spam mails rarely get through. Didn't find out I got so many until I logged in to the nuim webmail :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Ian Beale wrote: »
    I got over 500+ last year, forward all your mails to gmail and the spam mails rarely get through. Didn't find out I got so many until I logged in to the nuim webmail :pac:

I haven't logged into nuim webmail since I set the thing up in orientation week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Ian Beale wrote: »

Yeah I got spam over the years but they always got caught by NUIM's spam filter. These ones are going straight to inbox and they all have .exe attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Is it bad form to name lecturers in discussion on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

There's a certain Honorary Professor I'm sure half the country wants to hang from a lamp-post tonight. Jesus this country is in the ****.

Like many more, I'm just hoping I'm able to come back to our lovely college next year :mad: Bring on budget day so we can at least see where we stand.

Originally posted by El Pr0n
    Is it bad form to name lecturers in discussion on here?
    It kinda would be. You never know who's reading! >_>

Oh there's a new deli opening up beside Greene's restaurant, and they're hiring. Also I hear the new Boots is magnificent, but I have yet to get down to it ;_; 3 for 2 on all make up though I believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

New Deli eh......smart move, if they're reasonably priced and tasty they'll do great business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

if they're reasonably priced
    Fat chance of that happening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

SU Flyer GET STUFFED - Jumbo Breakfast Roll €3.85

Why bother when I can get one for €2.99 in Dunnes? Surely our food should be subsidised if anything. And then there's the cost of the flyers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Dr Glass dentists in the village seem lovely, told them I was ready to kill someone with the pain and they gave me an appointment for wednesday:)

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    SU Flyer GET STUFFED - Jumbo Breakfast Roll €3.85

Why bother when I can get one for €2.99 in Dunnes? Surely our food should be subsidised if anything. And then there's the cost of the flyers..
    Not a veggie option in sight on that flyer either, I am disappoint >_<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement