Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

^ They don't buy the books off you; you just leave them in there to be sold. And if someone buys the book, they contact you.

Solution coming soon. Watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

banquo wrote: »
    Solution coming soon. Watch this space.

The online thinger majiger?

I've so much books I want to get rid of but never bother advertising around the departments, so that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Ever since I've arrived in Maynooth I seem to have a severe issue with tin openers. Why don't they work for me any more????? I vant my tuna :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm getting great work done in the library. By great work I mean dossing on the intarwebs and drinking many cans of fizzy drink >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm here too......

/stalks.

• Advertisement

I'm getting great work done in the library. By great work I mean dossing on the intarwebs and drinking many cans of fizzy drink >_<

Snapsies! :P Well, not in the library, but still. Infact, I should probably be in the library, but it's too miserable and I don't have me thermals with me :P

Starting to have a little freak-out session about this music assignment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Due to work commitments requiring me to travel home four nights a week, living in the house I'm renting in Maynooth is more hassle than its worth, I've been having a really terrible time the last few weeks.

Has anyone any suggestions for good ways to advertise/fill the room that I'm trying to move out of?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Due to work commitments requiring me to travel home four nights a week, living in the house I'm renting in Maynooth is more hassle than its worth, I've been having a really terrible time the last few weeks.

Has anyone any suggestions for good ways to advertise/fill the room that I'm trying to move out of?

at this stage you may have to wait til after Xmas I would think. most people have either found somewhere by now or are waiting til next semester to move up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Where is the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Yeah, I don't mind waiting till after crimbo. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay a month's rent for two weeks of term. I can't even imagine anyone wanting to pay rent for January. Kinda guessing I'd manage to find someone to move in in February, if at all.

The house is in Straffan Wood. That nice modern family-type estate with all the white houses/apartments on the far side of Meadowbrook from the college. The house itself is a two story gaff on the end of a terrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

amyputz wrote: »
    Ever since I've arrived in Maynooth I seem to have a severe issue with tin openers. Why don't they work for me any more????? I vant my tuna :(

ye i didnt realise how terrible tin openers were till i started eating tuna.

and the worst part is when you get that fecking smelly fish juice all over yourself.

wonton wrote: »

and the worst part is when you get that fecking smelly fish juice all over yourself.

But I was fine with it at home! I think I may rob my parents tin opener...:P

On another note, OMFG the snow is amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

wonton wrote: »

Simple solution - Ring pull tin! :rolleyes:

You can't get big tins of tuna with ring pulls though, only the little ones :(

Tuna was the last form of meat I ever ate. I misses it ;_;

I've an essay I need to do, BAHHHHHH!!

Tuna was the last form of meat I ever ate. I misses it ;_;

I've an essay I need to do, BAHHHHHH!!

It's not meat though, it's fish :confused:

I also have an essay to do, due tomorrow YAY
    I'm about halfway through it, word-count wise, finished it content wise :S Well in saying that, it should have more content but I have no idea what more to say! It's the one module I dislike, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be taking from it to use in assignments like this! I've had a look at previous exam papers and it has nearly nothing to do with what we do in lectures! Why is there no tutorial for it *cries*

Fish is meat though :D
    Definition of meat
    the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food

Sorry, I'm rather pedantic about that whole issue :P

Regarding your assignment, waffling always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

amyputz wrote: »
    It's not meat though, it's fish :confused:

It's neither. All it is, is stinking, disgusting vomit.

SNAILS ARE MEAT???

*mind blown*

Amy, I copied you and changed my avatar too :pac: This one is more pwettiful than my last ^_^

My head is sore ;_;

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw that :P ZIM =D

That's what you get for eating the snow *facepalm* :P

Just back from tesco, in a car with no grip weeeeeeeeeeee!! I got big tins of tuna with ring pulls yaaay! They're new apparently, they knew I was coming ^^',

Does anyone know what the buses/trains are like? Hoping to god that this assignment deadline is postponed to Tues at least, I and a few friends just e-mailed him, I'm sure others did the same.

Wagner :(:( No more watching X Factor though which is good, I was getting seriously sick of it.

According to the SU's facebook page, some lectures are cancelled tomorrow cuz of the snow. Says to check on moodle.

Wagner :(:( No more watching X Factor though which is good, I was getting seriously sick of it.

According to the SU's facebook page, some lectures are cancelled tomorrow cuz of the snow. Says to check on moodle.

Yuh I did, nothing :mad: though one of the departments (german) only ever uses the noticeboard, so me no no :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Boo, none for me either. Geography of all subjects should be cancelled, out of respect to the powers of nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Aside from lectures, reckon many students will say just take a snow day? Will campus be dead?

Also, big snow fight organised on facebook.
    3pm by the on campus accomodation.

Nision wrote: »
    Aside from lectures, reckon many students will say just take a snow day? Will campus be dead?

Also, big snow fight organised on facebook.
    3pm by the on campus accomodation.

Village to win!

Village to win!

Naw river man! Although, I do have german at that time...oh the priorities! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Snowballs? Pah!
    Rye Halls gonna take along some broken microwave's and tv's!

• Advertisement

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Snowballs? Pah!
    Rye Halls gonna take along some broken microwave's and tv's!

Thats cheating! After last years pineapple/eggs incident, it's snowballs only!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement