Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

amyputz wrote: »
    Just back from tesco, in a car with no grip weeeeeeeeeeee!! I got big tins of tuna with ring pulls ,.

haha i was in work tonight(eurospar in lucan) and was actually packing out big cans of tuna with rings and was just thinking what a strange and life changing(okay not really) coincidence it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Man that's thesis material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

wonton wrote: »
    haha i was in work tonight(eurospar in lucan) and was actually packing out big cans of tuna with rings and was just thinking what a strange and life changing(okay not really) coincidence it was.

I know right? I can never look at tuna in the same way again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Wow, the place looks awesome covered in snow

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Daemos wrote: »
    Wow, the place looks awesome covered in snow

I spent the morning walking through South Campus taking pictures, early morning sunshine included. There was hardly anyone around and I got some nice shots. I've included a few in this post, including a panorama shot of Stoyte House that, considering it was done on my phone, turned out pretty well. :D

• Advertisement

Library closing at 6pm tonight because of the weather and reports of weather to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Those pictures are class A Changer!

700 words of my Society & State essay done, need more inspiration -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Great pictures A Changer.

Couldn't believe the amount of snow when I arrived in Maynooth this morning, we had hardly any down the midlands.

Library closing at 6pm tonight because of the weather and reports of weather to come
    The library staff keep announcing this every two minutes! :mad: I know people need to be told, but srsly.

I don't understand this, the college is still open with most classes still on and assignments probably wont be given expensions.

maybe I would if the buses had stoped but they have'nt and i would assume they would give notice if they are planning on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I don't understand this, the college is still open with most classes still on and assignments probably wont be given expensions.

maybe I would if the buses had stoped but they have'nt and i would assume they would give notice if they are planning on.

I'm slightly miffed that I can't go and study there tonight. But only very slightly :p

The study room in the arts block is lovely and warm, and at the moment I'm taking a break at those blue chairs in arts, where it's quite cold. I'm thinking, if I associate studying with warmth, I'll be more likely to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Roads around the college are lethal, seen a few people trying to cross and they were slipping all over the place, not a nice sight when you have to drive on them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The library closing is understandable. Staff need to drive home perhaps and conditions are pretty horendous in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There is meant to be a heavy snow storm hitting the Leinster region so the early closure most likely is to try and get all the drivers on the road home before the snow hits and makes driving conditions much worse.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    There is meant to be a heavy snow storm hitting the Leinster region so the early closure most likely is to try and get all the drivers on the road home before the snow hits and makes driving conditions much worse.

I understand that, but life goes on, most people still have to go to work.
    and since the library is used by so many people i dont think its fair.

and is the storm actually hitting before the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

A Changer wrote: »
    I spent the morning walking through South Campus taking pictures, early morning sunshine included. There was hardly anyone around and I got some nice shots. I've included a few in this post, including a panorama shot of Stoyte House that, considering it was done on my phone, turned out pretty well. :D

I really like the third picture.

"Health and safety reasons" according to the signs. Like LR said it must be to allow staff to get home safely, because I can't possibly think of any other reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Some absolute legends are building an igloo on the rugby pitch outside Logic house! :cool:

"Health and safety reasons" according to the signs. Like LR said it must be to allow staff to get home safely, because I can't possibly think of any other reason
    The library staff are incredibly important and must be protected at all costs... :rolleyes:

Would you prefer they stayed till ten and crashed their cars going home on an empty icy road??

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Would you prefer they stayed till ten
    Yes, because it's their job.
    and crashed their cars going home on an empty icy road??
    No, chances of crashing would probably be less then at rush hour anyway.

Would you prefer they stayed till ten and crashed their cars going home on an empty icy road??

come on, so everyone shouldn't of had to work later that 6 yesterday?

If not then why should the library staff be let off? just because its a service that doesnt depend on paying customers doesnt mean they can close when they want.

I understand people want to get home safe but theres plenty of people that would love to not drive in the weather but have to work because their workplace needs to stay open to get business.

The chances are less at night? Hmmm, the smart arse inside me can't resist. Sun=heat=no heat at night=more ice=less cars=more chance of heavy ice on road=more chance of crashing. It's not that difficult lads, get over it ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

A bit of civility never hurt anyone guys, quit the bickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

Hmmm, the smart arse inside me can't resist. Sun=heat=no heat at night=more ice=less cars=more chance of heavy ice on road=more chance of crashing.ffs.

Considering the fact that you're a mathematician, the "smart arse inside me" can't resist pointing out that that "equation" doesn't make any sense, not to mention being dimensionally inconsistent. :)

Darn, I should more mathematically correct in my attempts at humour. I'm not a mathematician though so that was probably it.

Anyway, my point was, people are being unreasonable. What's more important? Library staff are safe or people have 4 extra hours of sitting in a room studying when there are other rooms available for the same?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

are all lectures on today. Deciding weather or not to make the trip in today.

It's snowing again! Though it's becoming more slushy :( I don't like slushy :(

Neither do I >_< it just makes falling even more likely!

They sell the most random and nicest selection of drinks in the Spar near the Newtown Inn <3 Jones' Soda nom nom!!

• Advertisement

Trying to motivate myself to get up and make a sandwich...Where's the man when you need him :rolleyes:

It's not even funny how tired I am! I've been spending the last 20 minutes trying to figure out musical intervals, it's just not working :( Why won't they make sense in my brain!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement