Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Nightmare Before Christmas songs stuck in my head:(

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

CnaG wrote: »
    Getting irritable. Need to get out of the house.

I know the feeling...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What's the story with that 'Christmas Day' thing?

Will there be a Boardsie NUIM Christmas Beers thingamajig soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Xmas day is Monday the 13th.

I'm going in my finest Christmas jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I love the Ancient Classics department right now. Just as I was about to sit down to finish off a rushed essay due at 5pm today, I get an email saying the deadline's been pushed back to Thursday. Fcuking delighted, at least it won't suck now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I have my music listening test this Thurs. I'm DREADING it...I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to know for this module! I and a few others have tried to talk to him about it, but I don't think he gets where we're coming from :( I'll be very lucky to pass...this and the christmas written test, help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Just had an interview... *bites nails*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

amyputz wrote: »
    I have my music listening test this Thurs. I'm DREADING it...I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to know for this module! I and a few others have tried to talk to him about it, but I don't think he gets where we're coming from :( I'll be very lucky to pass...this and the christmas written test, help :(

Is it on set pieces or does it test aural skills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Until today i had managed not to fall due to the ice. And then today I fell twice >.< My knees hurt!

They have Mad Men season 2 in the library. I think that's a win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

banquo wrote: »
    Is it on set pieces or does it test aural skills?

Set pieces, all we have to do is recognise them and talk about the genre (I know, handy) But I haven't a notion still. I'm not worrying about this one half as much as the written one after Christmas though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Writing down notes in Geography today, shortening words to save time, I wrote down analysis as anal. Figured I'd better change it :D

Also when the lecturer mentioned the Silurian period, hearing someone whisper about "sort of lizard men" made me smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ Ah, memories of first year geography *reminisces* One of my best friends is a tutor for it. Yous have so many more assignments than back when I did it O_O

Library is closing at 6 again today, just heard it over the intercom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Daemos wrote: »

Also when the lecturer mentioned the Silurian period, hearing someone whisper about "sort of lizard men" made me smile :)

Ahhh (unintentional) Doctor Who references makes lectures worth going to! Could've done with a few in German lit today.. nothing like a few Daleks to liven up Brechtian theatre..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

amyputz wrote: »

The history of music written exams have certainly been made more difficult.

The questions were so much easier in the old course and it was a general history and didn't get so specific with questions.

like "write about one of the following composers" or "write about the baroque or the renaissance era"

..but do check past papers for a idea of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Anyone know if Neil Delamere is still on tomorrow? Probably will be, but with the weather still being as ****e as it is I probably won't be able to get a bus home afterwards, so I'll have no choice but to miss it :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know if Neil Delamere is still on tomorrow? Probably will be, but with the weather still being as ****e as it is I probably won't be able to get a bus home afterwards, so I'll have no choice but to miss it :(

Is there noone you could crash with?

Nooope, most of my friends are commuters. I know... about 4 or 5 people living around Maynooth, but I don't really hang out with them, y'know.

Looks like I'll have to give the gig a miss or share a taxi home with some friends. But I'm cheap like :P

Nooope, most of my friends are commuters. I know... about 4 or 5 people living around Maynooth, but I don't really hang out with them, y'know.

Looks like I'll have to give the gig a miss or share a taxi home with some friends. But I'm cheap like :P

:( That sucks

You sure there's noone you could just beg for a floor for the night!

:( That sucks

You sure there's noone you could just beg for a floor for the night!

Well, okay, I might be able to acquire some floor space, but I've got about 5 or 6 other friends coming too. Friends in the wrong places, I tell ye :p

Well, okay, I might be able to acquire some floor space, but I've got about 5 or 6 other friends coming too. Friends in the wrong places, I tell ye :p

Ah, then that becomes an issue!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you're desperate you can crash at mines.

I've my couch up on www.couchsurfing.org so don't mind strange people being over. :p

Ah, then that becomes an issue!

Indeed it does!

Me: Hey dude, do ye mind if I crash on your floor tonight? It's just that I'm going to the comedy gig and the buses home stop at 9.

Dude: Yeah sure, that's okay!

*8 hours later*

Me: Hey it's me! Gig was brilliant! Oh btw -SURPRISE! I brought along 6 friends just for the lolz.

Would be the last time 'dude' ever speaks to me again :(
    :P

irish_goat wrote: »
    If you're desperate you can crash at mines.

I've my couch up on www.couchsurfing.org so don't mind strange people being over. :p

LOL. What a fantastic website. Cheers for that, I haven't quite reached desperation though :pac:

Sorry for the double post :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Awesome website, has saved me a lot of money in Copenhagen and Brno!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Its on. He's coming. /excited.

We still have College tomorrow even though it's a holy day right?!
    My friend heard that we don't but he's the only one that I've heard that off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

We still have College tomorrow even though it's a holy day right?!
    My friend heard that we don't but he's the only one that I've heard that off!
    Yeah we definitely have college tomorrow, not even St Pats get the day off either.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Yeah we definitely have college tomorrow, not even St Pats get the day off either.

That's what I thought! Was worth a try though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Holy Day? Man, I wish I was in primary school still :(

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Holy Day? Man, I wish I was in primary school still :(

Apparently even they're not getting it off this year due to having school cancelled coz of the snow last week! :D

Well some schools at least!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement