Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yes, I had lots of coco pops!

@Banquo, for shammme! Where's your little passage about me on facebook, huh??? Huh???

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

amyputz wrote: »
    Yes, I had lots of coco pops!

I'm sowwy! :(
    I replied as soon as I saw your post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

****ing hell that was some walk home.

I'm sowwy! :(
    I replied as soon as I saw your post!

Ah it be ok, I can have pizza another day now! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I am sooooooooooo cold! Stupid house with no heating >_<

Also, someone make me get up and get ready for going home plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

****ing hell that was some walk home.

I could barely call what I did walking........nor was it skidding.....lets call it skwalking :D

I am sooooooooooo cold! Stupid house with no heating >_<

Also, someone make me get up and get ready for going home plz.

I know the feeling ;) Also need to clean the place...
    lemansky wrote: »
    I could barely call what I did walking........nor was it skidding.....lets call it skwalking :D

Sounds about right...why did they stop digging beside Iontas?? It's nearly impossible to get through there!

I spent most of my time on the road.

/stays in all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Interesting point made on the letters page of the Irish times. Before the budget Brian Cowen's income was 13 times the minimum wage. Apparently, despite his 'voluntary reduction', his wage is now 14 times it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Tough times for Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

CnaG wrote: »
    Interesting point made on the letters page of the Irish times. Before the budget Brian Cowen's income was 13 times the minimum wage. Apparently, despite his 'voluntary reduction', his wage is now 14 times it.

What does he spend it on? It's not new suits, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Reliving last years election via Election Thread, love the dramatic atmosphere:D

I'm sad I know...

Duddy wrote: »
    Reliving last years election via Election Thread, love the dramatic atmosphere:D

I'm sad I know...

Haha I did that the other week :pac: let's hope the next one will be as good ^_^

Back in Sligo to a warm house yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Is anyone else having a problem accessing journals off-campus today? I'm at home, and the NUIM jproxy... thing seems to be down. Having a bit of a freakout about it, tbh! So much to do. :(

This happened to me last week, I just kept signing in and refreshed jstor and it seemed to work.

The problem is I can't even get to the off-campus login page! Ugh. Everything else is working fine, I cleared my cache, tried it in several different browsers. It's like God is tryingto get me to watch Glee instead of doing work... not hard in the first place, to be fair.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I can't sign in either the page wont even load all is says is.....

'This web page is not available.

The web page at https://login.jproxy.nuim.ie/login?qurl=http://library.nuim.ie/offcampusaccess might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.'

Is it a browser error, has anybody had any luck?
    Using Chrome BTW.

I ended up emailing the library, and they said they'd had a few enquiries about it today. It seems like there's something wrong with the off campus logon, but there's nobody around to deal with it until Monday. They also said the library was open until 5 if that was any help.

Being in Mayo at the moment, that was not of any help... Bye bye thesis! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Works fine for me: http://library.nuim.ie/offcampusaccess Don't use the jproxy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Nope, can't download anything journals on Jstor. Need jproxy!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Anyone know if the place with where you buy a new student card is open on Monday?
    How much are they?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

smiles302 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the place with where you buy a new student card is open on Monday?
    How much are they?

Fees and Grants Office, open from half 9 til 5.

€20 (I think)

Thanks!

Any idea if it's like the travel card and just gets printed or do you have to order one and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thanks!

Any idea if it's like the travel card and just gets printed or do you have to order one and wait?

Done there and then. You can't take out a book from the library until 24 hours after you get the card, it's like registration all over. Bit of a pain.

Mind it though, I'm on my 3rd or 4th card now I think. ****ing awful pain and waste of money when you lose them

That doesn't sound too bad. I'm not in any panic to get more books.

My purse was stolen =( all ids, cards, club cards. Pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

irish_goat wrote: »
    Fees and Grants Office, open from half 9 til 5.

€20 (I think)

Yeah, it's €20 for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

That doesn't sound too bad. I'm not in any panic to get more books.

My purse was stolen =( all ids, cards, club cards. Pain!

Mine too, on Thurs :( Bad week for purses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I still have my student ID but it won't work anywhere I have to swipe, will I have to pay for a replacement ??

• Advertisement

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I still have my student ID but it won't work anywhere I have to swipe, will I have to pay for a replacement ??
    I think when that happens you just need to get it reactivated over in the Student Records office... Vague memories of it happening to one of my friends back in second year. Don't think you have to pay or anything. Take this with a large pinch of salt though cuz I'm not 100 per cent certain it was the same situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement