Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

amyputz wrote: »
    Awwh yay, go happy relationships! :P Yeh it's mad, the amount of **** we've done through, neither of us thought we'd still be together now, but it's just getting better :) I've literally no money, so his present is I'm gonna clean his flat for him on Friday :P Believe me, it's an AMAZING present...

My boyfriend and I decided not to buy any xmas or anniversary presents this year and we're saving up for a trip to London in March this year instead! :)

I couldn't even start on the amount of stuff my boyfriend has been by me through. It's the kind of **** most lads would have run a mile for! I'm extremely lucky and I know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

2nd year possibly? I have a feeling I could know exactly who you're talking about

Yeah I get the feeling you know too. I'm getting sick of the posts. I might have to stay at home and post a message on Moodle telling ppl how i'm sick I am of them. I just don't like the way the latest post read, it was really a show off message and now they're getting really defensive about the posts.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I like cake.

Yeah I get the feeling you know too. I'm getting sick of the posts. I might have to stay at home and post a message on Moodle telling ppl how i'm sick I am of them. I just don't like the way the latest post read, it was really a show off message and now they're getting really defensive about the posts.:rolleyes:

We're all coming up with a plan to post

"Dear lecturer,
    I cannot come to class because I'm not bothered.
    Please give me extra notes ebcasue I wrote this.
    Thank You,
    Annoying Student"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've been in the library for an hour and a half and all I've done is mess around on the internet ;_; motivation needed! I've so much work to do...

I just got a text from my friend saying that Home Alone is on in the lecture theatre in Iontas tonight at 7 if anyone's interested. I assume it is happening, and not some sort of random thing she came up with :P

• Advertisement

We're all coming up with a plan to post

"Dear lecturer,
    I cannot come to class because I'm not bothered.
    Please give me extra notes ebcasue I wrote this.
    Thank You,
    Annoying Student"
    Why would you not just email that to the lecturer? *shakes head* By that I mean the posts that people are putting up on Moodle in the first place.

Although I did learn that This Is Spinal Tap is in the library via moodle earlier, so not all posts are bad.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I like cake.

nom nom nom

Why would you not just email that to the lecturer? *shakes head* By that I mean the posts that people are putting up on Moodle in the first place.

Although I did learn that This Is Spinal Tap is in the library via moodle earlier, so not all posts are bad.

We would all love to know!
    Apparently it was said to her in one of the modules I don't to to only use the forum for academic purposes and she did not take that well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

In one of the labs doing a project report at the moment and noticed my keyboard was a little different...

photovt.jpg

^ Random! Do the keys just work the usual way though?

@ XxMCRxBabyxX (I had to look at your username like 3 times to get the xs right :P) She deserves a ban from moodle tbh! Purely for annoying everyone else :pac:

• Advertisement

@ XxMCRxBabyxX (I had to look at your username like 3 times to get the xs right :P) She deserves a ban from moodle tbh! Purely for annoying everyone else :pac:

Lol sorry!

If only...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Yeah, weird thing is, the keys don't seem to have been removed so I presume it's been like this since it left the factory, good old Dell :rolleyes:

There was apple tart and lemon slices and fudge and baileys cheese cake and lots of other stuff. Maths dept bake week :eek:

Home Alone??? I wanna go!! But I'm actually going to see it Monday night in Screen Cinema with a certain boardsie returned home from abroad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

There was apple tart and lemon slices and fudge and baileys cheese cake and lots of other stuff. Maths dept bake week :eek:

Home Alone??? I wanna go!! But I'm actually going to see it Monday night in Screen Cinema with a certain boardsie returned home from abroad :D

Bake week?! Nom nom nom

Also, YAY! That boardsie is me!! couples combo here we come babez! :D

Feck, do screen do couples combos?!

I want cake now ;_; who'd have known maths people were so into baking?

Who would have known? If I'm truthful I just go up after everyone else is gone and steal the leftovers, I don't like maths people either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I want cake now ;_; who'd have known maths people were so into baking?
    Mixing the exact right amount of ingredients and cooking at the exact right temperature for the exact right amount of time... sounds exactly like the thing a maths student would do. And better still, they know when they get it right because they have a tasty reward :D

Maths lecturers, not students, if only we could get the students to bake for us. How delicious...

I always think of baking as a kinda creative thing though... And most of the people I know who are good at maths aren't very creative :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Maths lecturers, not students, if only we could get the students to bake for us. How delicious...
    Ah, dammit, should've read back better. Let's do a Boards Bake-Off!

• Advertisement

I always think of baking as a kinda creative thing though... And most of the people I know who are good at maths aren't very creative :P

Now there's a really awful stereotype :P Bet you know plenty of people studying maths but how many of those are mathematicians? Who do it for fun? Not many I bet ;)

Somebody needs to turn off the internet in the library so I stop procrastinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I would so lose at a boards bake-off.

BarleyBooley would win hands down. Just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I'm speaking mostly to the postgrads in here;

Has anyone applied for invigilation and heard back? I haven't gotten anything yet, and Christmas break is fast approaching!

Heard nothing yet, don't worry about it, they're struggling to fill the senior positions so I think that's what the delay is.

Ha ha AmyPutz! I've just found a pic of you on facebook which two of my other friends are tagged in aswell!

It's really weird considering I wouldn't link any of ye at all!
    I know you through boards.
    I know the girl from being in school with her for years
    and I know the guy from his first attempt at first year last year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

distracting....

anyone have an iPhone/iPod cable in the library I could borrow for half an hour pwease? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Daemos wrote: »
    Ah, dammit, should've read back better. Let's do a Boards Bake-Off!

BRING IT OOOONNNN
    Ha ha AmyPutz! I've just found a pic of you on facebook which two of my other friends are tagged in aswell!

It's really weird considering I wouldn't link any of ye at all!
    I know you through boards.
    I know the girl from being in school with her for years
    and I know the guy from his first attempt at first year last year! :D

Oooooh where! PM me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Flight gets in around six tomorrow. I'm just letting you all know so you can organise my surprise at the airport :)

• Advertisement

You told me not to plan it :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement