Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I would seriously love the guy sitting at the same table in the library would stop rocking....hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

kellief wrote: »
    I would seriously love the guy sitting at the same table in the library would stop rocking....hmm

Is this guy disturbing people in the library again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You told me not to plan it :P

Some amount of planning is obviously required. You can't just expect people to turn up without giving them a time or a place. Don't over-plan it. Make it spontaneous!

Don't forget the streamers though. Streamers are important.

definitely him!!

Also...michellenman...

If people don't show up...this is for you :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

definitely him!!

Also...michellenman...

I've got my dad on the case for that one :P

• Advertisement

I've got my dad on the case for that one :P

I hope he sings "The Passenger" like that guy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I wish your Dad was a big cool black guy like him Michelle :D

He's still fairly cool tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It was mini-christmas morning in my house this morning... PRESENTS!!!

I now have a Robert Pattinson 2011 calendar <3 Twilight may be shyte, but he sho' is good looking. AND A RAGEGUY BAG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dizzymac

He COULD stop....or you could just throw yourself out the fucking window

• Advertisement

dizzymac wrote: »
    He COULD stop....or you could just throw yourself out the fucking window

??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dizzymac

??

I would have thought that the implication was clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

definitely him!!

Also...michellenman...

That was so nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

dizzymac thrown out the window for good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Another semester over. Bring on the beer tonight. :D

Also, wearing a suit in Brady's is the best thing I've ever done. Tempted to never not wear a suit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That semester went in too quickly for my liking O_O

Also 1000th post woo. Felt I ought to post it in this thread, as this is were the majority of them have been :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

irish_goat wrote: »
    Another semester over. Bring on the beer tonight. :D

Also, wearing a suit in Brady's is the best thing I've ever done. Tempted to never not wear a suit again.

I wasn't in Brady's, but I was wearing a Marilyn Monroe style dress last night, but in black. Definitely wearing it again, maybe for Christmas, if my Nana can handle the cleavage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

irish_goat wrote: »

Do this. All men in general should never not wear suits. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Ahhhh double negatives!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Evenin'

Anyone know where the best place in Maynooth for a cup of coffee and a quiet chat is?

Also, anything wild or exciting on campus tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Eh Elite Confectionery on Main street is good for that,
    if not Twist is always good fun, plus their Cappuccinos are class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

The Coffee Mill or The Elite... both good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Anyone know whether the on-campus computers have a DVD R/ RW drive? Need to put some files on for tomorrow:(

Got knocked off my bike by a car at the train station tonight. Alright but that was some shock. Guy didn't even look before he pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Got knocked off my bike by a car at the train station tonight. Alright but that was some shock. Guy didn't even look before he pulled out.
    Never pleasant :( I nearly got plastered outside Aldi about 18 months ago by some woman swerving into the carpark there. Drivers just don't pay enough attention to cyclists. Was wearing a fecking massive day glo jacket and all.

Kind of funny story about the main road by the train station though. I was cycling along minding my own business (on the road - there was glass on the cycle lane and I didn't fancy a puncture), when I saw this woman pulled into the bus stop at the foot at the hill. She was gesturing at me to pull over, so I did, expecting her to ask for directions or something.

Instead, she starts screeching at me that *that* is a cycle lane, and *this* is the road, and that I "had to" use cycle lanes where they were provided, because "it's the law". I was a bit gobsmacked, and I tried to explain to her why I was on the road but she just kept shaking her head saying "it's the law" and generally wasn't listening, so eventually I got angry and cycled on.

It was only a few minutes later I realised the utter irony of her position. Giving out to *me* for breaking the law, while she was blatently parked in a bus stop.

It also turns out that she was wrong, cycle lanes are 'advisory' not 'compulsory' in Ireland, in case she ever has a go at any other NUI Maynooth cyclists. Random story, but true.

Meant to ask before I went off on a tangent there; did you get the car reg? You should report him if so. Not sure if that goes against your whole anti-the Gardai stance though...

Ooo! Perhaps it was a deliberate Labour ploy to dispose of one of their challengers.

Cyclists are third class citizens when it comes to the road. So lucky I managed to swing my right leg out of the way or it would have been crushed against the car. Let rip at the dude as well. He just kept saying sorry and looking meek.

CnaG wrote: »
    Meant to ask before I went off on a tangent there; did you get the car reg? You should report him if so. Not sure if that goes against your whole anti-the Gardai stance though...

Ooo! Perhaps it was a deliberate Labour ploy to dispose of one of their challengers.

Haha, very good :D The guy got out and I roared a bit of abuse at him but I was in shock and wasn't really thinking straight. He just drove off then. Loads of people around too and no one came to help. Bizarre!

Haha, very good :D The guy got out and I roared a bit of abuse at him but I was in shock and wasn't really thinking straight. He just drove off then. Loads of people around too and no one came to help. Bizarre!
    Well, that wasn't nice of them. There's no explaining what goes on in people's minds.

How's the bike?

• Advertisement

Ah the front breaks are ****ed but it's a heavy lump of crap so it's relatively unharmed. My front reflector (which he obviously ignored) is broken :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement