Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

So, all in all, it could have been a lot worse. Still, it's good that you and the bike are in reasonable shape, even though it doesn't excuse the reckless driving.

You said you were going to present or write something on the whole parking permit and cycle lanes thing on another thread I think. Would you like a hand with that? The parking in the cycle lanes situation on the north campus has been a pet peeve of mine for the last few years - lost count of how many times I brought it up in union council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Hmmm, I'd probably have time to do something up next week. FEE are thinking about picking up the issue next semester. If we have time that is. So some research needs to be done. My interpretation so far is that basically none of the things they said they'd do have been done so far bar a few minor promotions at start of the year. But yeh, if you want to help, that'd be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I asked about cycle lanes at UC, that if they are trying to encourage people to cycle they should make it safe to do so.
    They are implementing cycle routes around the campus and running to different buildings. They can't give us a definite timescale though.

The most email says they've been "mapped out". Pencil and pen job perhaps? Why push ahead with pay and display, the one way system and permit parking if none of the ideas for easing the transition (let's pretend for a minute I think any of it is a good idea) have been implemented? It's a complete farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Elite Confectionery

My favourite place in Maynooth. Come see me eat coffee cake and read The Irish Times at any random time.

• Advertisement

Donal will be late for the meeting, he's on the bus. Now I know the truth.

he's on the bus.

Dublin Bus have made ****e of my bus, so 'I'm on the bus' normally means I'm actually on the bus.
    eat coffee cake and read The Irish Times

Only read that to myself there, jesus christ.

I don't believe a word of it. You better bring some fecking coffee slices next time. Love those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Home time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Place is like a ghost town today, really should have handed in this assignment during the week :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Place is like a ghost town today, really should have handed in this assignment during the week :mad:

It's always like a ghost town on a friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The guy wrote: »
    Yep, everyone goes home to get their washing done by their mammies and to get given out to for not having eaten a spud since they were last home.

I wish I knew how to make things better, bah. Me and my big mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You better bring some fecking coffee slices next time. Love those.

They're the king of pastries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The guy wrote: »

Aye, but today seen quieter then normal. Or maybe i'm going mad.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Aye, but today seen quieter then normal. Or maybe i'm going mad.
    Indeed. The reading room is a lot less busy than it usually is on a Friday. It is the last day of the semester though.

Spotted our local propety dealing Fianna Failer commenting on the Maynooth SU Facebook.

No, not Áine 'I can actually win in an election' Brady, but two-time local election gombeen failure Brid Feely. Brid, like the Brady's, also deals a bit of property here and there.

Aengus, Rob: Have you been out dancing with this woman or where has she got her information from? I DEMAND TRANSPARENCY.
    Second question is quite funny.

14e5rf7.jpg

That's fecking hilarious on so many levels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Woo finally have all my Christmas shopping done. :D

smiles302 wrote: »
    Go you! I still have a few bits to get, and then I'm done.

I've spent pretty much the entire day sleeping -_- and I had a dream that I fraped the SU facebook page... random.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I will spend most of tomorrow sleeping, then meeting up for a longtime friend's birthday, then sleeping. Then working, then shopping, then sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Was out last night, my best friend came home from Canada for the winter :) Wasn't pretty this morning, but so worth it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Same! Just about to wrap mine! :)

Snowing in Maynooth again...

And Dublin...

I am bored of snow... I want sun. Rob, make it sunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

banquo wrote: »
    And Dublin...

Must have skipped Lucan! =P
    Spooooooky, although we're not really Dublin in fairness!

I am bored of snow... I want sun. Rob, make it sunny!

False weather reports, coming soon to a copy of The Print near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Ha! I can just imagine!
    Today's weather:.....Mild.....Tomorrow's:......Mild, Wednesday: Slight chance of some change, overall mild.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I think I may stay inside until just after Christmas :P

• Advertisement

I just spent ages playing with my dog outside in the snow <3 the moon is so bright tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement