Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Bank statement suggests it's time to focus on the oul' studies. Semester II will be different should be on every students fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Bank statement suggests it's time to focus on the oul' studies. Semester II will be different should be on every students fridge.

On the fridge, wardrobe, cistern and back of every door in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Semester II will definitely be different for me, since I'll take 35 credits (only had 25 this semester). Will be tough for sure :( But I guess it's good to get used to it since third year is supposed to be real tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

1st semester for me was the worst, and it's not over yet. =(
    All I have for next semester is a small thesis, a lot of composition and some counterpoint. Can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

One lecture, portfolio and thesis next semester. Graaaaand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Next semester means computational physics for me, w00t! :)

No more composition lectures though :mad:

For me, it means loads of math with strange greek letters. :(

Ah well, if I can survive the exams, nothing is impossible I guess :P

Wendero wrote: »
    loads of math with strange greek letters

You say that like it's a bad thing!

haha, honestly, it's not all bad: It makes you feel smart once you know what they mean (there's no ego boost like the one you get from discussing the ISLM curve with your friends who haven't done economics - and yes I'm a geek).

But it's easy to get them all mixed up :( And it sucks when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

*stretches and yawns*

*one foot on floor*

*sits on side of bed staring straight ahead*

"Must. Make. Newspaperrrrrrrrr"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

1st semester for me was much worse than 2nd in both first and second year. Hopefully it'll be exactly the same story this year. Everything settles down once you've the 1st semester results. You know exactly where you stand and what you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Going to see Home alone tonight with LeixlipRed (rip :pac:), they doing a showing of it in Screen cinema! Can't wait! :D

Ireland is fucking freezing.

Freezing? As I'm writing this, it's about 20 inches of snow outside and -12 C (and this is a warm day, btw). It's been snowing all day. We haven't seen the sun in a long while, it only stays up for like 6 hours each day, and usually the clouds will cover it.

But I love it. This is where I feel home :) Finally got into christmas mood.

Ireland's cool, but nothing beats a Swedish winter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Mint aero bubbly hot chocolate = nom ^_^

Speaking of next semester, we're going to be studying Maus in English. And Sylvia Plath \o/ I love that subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

mickstupp wrote: »
    1st semester for me was much worse than 2nd in both first and second year. Hopefully it'll be exactly the same story this year. Everything settles down once you've the 1st semester results. You know exactly where you stand and what you have to do.

I so hope this is true...I have that awful exam-time-but-still-can't-study feeling...

Does anyone fancy hearing some lovely tunes from a fellow Maynoothian? (Well, I account for a quarter of it, and I think they're lovely, anyway...)

We just got a proper Facebook page up and running.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peaks/112440432162558

</shameless plug> ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Thank God, for one horrible moment I thought you were one of the Rubberbandits :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Then he'd be half a bandit! But which half?

Has anyone here seen Like a Little? Can we get one? It'd be hilarious :p

Oh, and who's Tom Collins?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

El Pr0n wrote: »

Lol, I was about to suggest the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Already signed us up a few days ago. :P

Need more founding members apparently if anyone is interested?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

irish_goat wrote: »
    Already signed us up a few days ago. :P

Need more founding members apparently if anyone is interested?

Link? I can't find it!

Nvm, got it! And I voted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Tom Collins is the President of NUI Maynooth.

Tom Collins is the President of NUI Maynooth.

Since when? I went looking on the NUIM site and couldn't find anything. John Hughes' term finished this year didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Since when? I went looking on the NUIM site and couldn't find anything. John Hughes' term finished this year didn't it?

Tom took over on an interim basis from October until March / April, when a new President will be appointed. He was promoted from Dean of Teaching and Learning and Vice President for External Affairs. Earlier in his career he was Director of Dundalk IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Here he is doing his thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aae6WpmeJyk

do you have any idea how to find out which courses you are doing next year if you're doing a business minor? I think it's supposed to be on the website but can't find :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Does the department have a student handbook? You can usually pick them up from within the department or, in this weather or at this time of year, there's often a PDF online. Best I can suggest I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What's the crack with the library's website. I was trying to get onto the past exam papers section there and then all of a sudden the visible screen reduced to the size of a matchbox.

Only way I can seem to by pass it is by right clicking and opening in a new tab. Is there a reason they aren't opening as a separate pdf file or whatever anymore. Used to be handy saving them to my computer instead of having to open them the whole time this way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ Hmm it worked okay for me (as in the usual way) last week... Maybe it's your browser? I was using Chrome (<3) fwiw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement