Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Whats the line up so far???

So far, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, In Flames, SYSTEM OF A DOWWWWN! And other bands that I don't know :P

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/

If you look up the line up from previous years on wikipedia, my GOD it's amazing...I'm going personally for system, they've only reformed for this tour and it's my lifetime goal to see them live =D It's gonna be a roaaad trip...from Amsterdam on...if that sways anyone at all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Aw man, only good band there is In Flames! And I haven't heard any of their stuff since Soundtrack To Your Escape =P

You'd possibly know the other bands, I only mentioned the ones I knew ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Aw man, only good band there is In Flames! And I haven't heard any of their stuff since Soundtrack To Your Escape =P

Aaaaaa get off it ya snob! :p

Anyone who says Coldplay can't make good music either doesn't know what good music is, or is trying to be 'cool'.

Parachutes was a brilliant album. I'd love to see them live.

Saying that, I dunno what they're doing at the Rock Am ring.....

How do you mean?

• Advertisement

Dunno, never really seemed their type of gig. They've obviously proven me wrong though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

Speaking of. Anyone know whether you can defo do major/minor with law and Arts (BCL) or is it just double honours?
    I remember hearing mentions of major/minor but never been told anything definite and we're halfway through second year now!

Prescribed weighting of 30 credits for the subject with no optional modules (Law) means its only available as part of double honors (I'm miffed about this almost as much as it being made an arts subject)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Off topic: Is the gym open during the exams? Is it open between the terms (that one week when there's no exams but also no classes)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I've literally never been in a gym in my life, but I'll find out for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

I think you'll find it's spelt "shnyob"

When am I getting my funky back?

• Advertisement

Dunno, never really seemed their type of gig. They've obviously proven me wrong though! :)

Not only are they playing, they're one of the headliners ;) Along with System and KoL, I actually can't waaiiit! I'm not a person who ever goes mad over famous people or groups, but for system, I'll do the adoring screaming fan thing, even if I do look ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I feckin love system, such a unique band. did you ever see the piano version of toxicity on youtube? its sweeeeet!

I think you'll find it's spelt "shnyob"

When am I getting my funky back?

See you tonight honey. ;)

Just looked it up there, toxicity isn't one of my more favourite songs, but that was pretty damn good! Now if I could play like that...god damn my tiny hands! That's why I always stuck to singing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Wendero wrote: »
    Off topic: Is the gym open during the exams? Is it open between the terms (that one week when there's no exams but also no classes)?

It was always open before anyway. Dunno if it's changed this year for some reason, but I doubt it will have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Anyone who says Coldplay can't make good music either doesn't know what good music is, or is trying to be 'cool'.

Aw is that the one with Yellow on it? Yeah, never really liked that song. Personally I'm just not really into that style.
    Usually metal or 20c art music for me.....the edgy stuff =P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Thanks! No, haven't heard anything else. Same opening hours as usual? (that is, for the gym, not the sports hall)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Agreed, and A Rush Of Blood To The Head is class as well. Don't know X&Y as well, and I don't have Viva La Vida. The single Viva La Vida was decent though, way better than all the stick it got, I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Coldplay seem to have suffered from the "small-band-turn-stadium-rock" hatred more than a lot of acts (apart from Kings Of Leon maybe, but in their case it's warranted), so even if their albums are actually pretty good, people are still going to think they're not, purely because it's Coldplay.

All the talk of System Of A Down is bringing back memories of my teenage years spent putting on such songs on the jukebox in the amusements *wipes away tear* Wherefore art thou, My Chemical Romance?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Wherefore art thou, My Chemical Romance?

Playing in the 02 in feb = Very happy XxMCRxBabyxX Even if there is no Bob (:()! :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I haven't listened to SOAD in years, I didn't like when Serj Tankian went solo.

Playing in the 02 in feb = Very happy XxMCRxBabyxX Even if there is no Bob (:()! :D :P

Bob left? MCR really have a problem keeping drummers :P If someone had have told me five years ago that they would be playing a venue the size of the O2 I'd never have believed it, how things have changed... I feel old >_<

On the other hand, hot chocolate is nom. And I did some study today \o/

Bob left? MCR really have a problem keeping drummers :P If someone had have told me five years ago that they would be playing a venue the size of the O2 I'd never have believed it, how things have changed... I feel old >_<

On the other hand, hot chocolate is nom. And I did some study today \o/

Yea a couple of months back! Drummers don't do well in that band!

Hey even I'm the same. Loved them since Ghost of You. just missed the Ambassador gig that year. Look at them now!

Yea a couple of months back! Drummers don't do well in that band!

Hey even I'm the same. Loved them since Ghost of You. just missed the Ambassador gig that year. Look at them now!

God I was the exact same actually, a guy I knew even had a ticket for the concert got for me but I couldn't go :(

God I was the exact same actually, a guy I knew even had a ticket for the concert got for me but I couldn't go :(

I always wish I could have now! I would have loved to see them in a smaller setting. Missed their RDS gig too. Saw them in Kings Hall in Belfast in 07 though which was amazing!

The guy wrote: »
    I haven't listened to SOAD in years, I didn't like when Serj Tankian went solo.

I haven't listened to much of Serj's or Scars on Broadway's stuff, but I still have System on every day =D I do understand that people need breaks from each other though, it's tough being in the same band for over a decade, you would get sick of each other. I was just heartbroken that I didn't know them until after they split, but now is my big chance =D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Wendero wrote: »
    Same opening hours as usual? (that is, for the gym, not the sports hall)

Now that is something I can't be sure of! I usually go to the gym at 8 am or so, but during exams I'd go a bit later-10 or so. That said, I was still there at 8 sometimes during the exams and it was open. Not sure if closing times are messed up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Anyone else think our very own Rob Munnelly looks a bit like Dave Gorman?

davegorman460.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Anyone else think our very own Rob Munnelly looks a bit like Dave Gorman?

davegorman460.jpg

Makes a change from the constant Robert Webb comparisons. Refreshing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

Robert Webb? Really??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement