Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

N. 1 The act or an instance of erecting; the state of being erected. 2 a building or structure[...] Latin erectio.
    Thompson, D. ed., OE Dictionary Ninth Ed., (Oxford University Press 1993).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Or le boner. As they call it in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

But...why would they knock such a thing down??? How could someone be so cruel????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

amyputz wrote: »
    WUT?
    The footbridge's name is St Patrick's Erection. For realz.

I <3 Arcade Fire. Keeping me calm (well as calm as I can be) at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Just bought myself tickets to this and this!

Super excited for these exams to end. :D

• Advertisement

The second one looks really good! I love And So I Watch You From Afar ^_^

The second one looks really good! I love And So I Watch You From Afar ^_^

I saw them twice in one night there in December (FMC gig in Whelan's and Abedisi Shank after-party in Button Factory). Just amazing. You got the 'Straight Though the Sun' for a status update / Tweet yet?

I saw them twice in one night there in December (FMC gig in Whelan's and Abedisi Shank after-party in Button Factory). Just amazing. You got the 'Straight Though the Sun' for a status update / Tweet yet?
    No :(

Adebisi Shank, another class band! The production on their second album is amazing.

No :(

Then do so right now here! :D

Just logged into my twitter account for the first time in ages to do that :P

I think I'm getting a cold :/

• Advertisement

I think I'm getting a cold :/

Snap :( I managed to go without one the whole damn winter! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Adebisi Shank, another class band! The production on their second album is amazing.

I reckon they're the best current Irish band around at the moment.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Totally obsessed with their song Genki Shank at the minute :D

Do you have any recommendations for some new music for me to listen to El Pr0n? I'm in a bit of a musical rut >_<

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Totally obsessed with their song Genki Shank at the minute :D

Do you have any recommendations for some new music for me to listen to El Pr0n? I'm in a bit of a musical rut >_<

If you're into Adebisi Shank, a band that are (kinda) like them that I'm really into are Tortoise. Do you know them?

At the moment I'm really into Neu!, krautrock/motorik stuff is kinda new to me.

Also lots of early Autechre (later stuff can be kinda hardgoing and I find I need to be in the right mood, their first two albums are just class any time of day)

I just got AFX (one of Aphex Twin's pseudonyms)'s Hangable Auto Bulb EP, which is really great

and (as always with me), I've been listening to a lot of Radiohead. Predictable? Yes. Great? Always.

What are you into yourself Your_Text_Here?

Never heard of Tortoise actually, I like that song you posted though! Neu! are one of my brothers favourite bands so I've heard them around the house a bit - have you started listening to Kraftwerk yet? (just that you said you were new to krautrock etc) Going by the videos you posted, I think you'd like them.

Liking Autechre, very lo-fi! Hadn't listened to them before :) Also you cannot beat a bit of Radiohead <3 Kid A is my fave album by them; just put it on there :pac:

I'm into all kinds of stuff really - The Smiths (<3), The Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer, Damien Dempsey, Crystal Castles, Leonard Cohen, Emmy The Great, Mogwai... Even the odd Katy Perry/Rihanna song :P I try not to judge. There's a link to my Last FM in my sig if you want to see what else :)

Never heard of Tortoise actually, I like that song you posted though! Neu! are one of my brothers favourite bands so I've heard them around the house a bit - have you started listening to Kraftwerk yet? (just that you said you were new to krautrock etc) Going by the videos you posted, I think you'd like them.

Liking Autechre, very lo-fi! Hadn't listened to them before :) Also you cannot beat a bit of Radiohead <3 Kid A is my fave album by them; just put it on there :pac:

I'm into all kinds of stuff really - The Smiths (<3), The Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer, Damien Dempsey, Crystal Castles, Leonard Cohen, Emmy The Great, Mogwai... Even the odd Katy Perry/Rihanna song :P I try not to judge. There's a link to my Last FM in my sig if you want to see what else :)

Yeah, I'm big into Kraftwerk but they're not really that krautrocky after the first few albums. Two of the members of Neu! were ex-Kraftwerk members, who I guess weren't into inventing electronic music and becoming modern legends :p

Clicking yer last.fm now!

How do the credits in the Arts course break down for the final grade on your degree? Is it split even between 2nd and 3rd year? Or more weight attached to one or other? First year doesn't count I heard...

I feel silly for not knowing this halway through 2nd year :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

El Pr0n wrote: »
    How do the credits in the Arts course break down for the final grade on your degree? Is it split even between 2nd and 3rd year? Or more weight attached to one or other? First year doesn't count I heard...

I feel silly for not knowing this halway through 2nd year :rolleyes:

"The final year subject mark will incorporate, where relevant, the penultimate year mark weighted at 30%, applied
    only to the student’s advantage. For students whose penultimate year is spent abroad on one of the BA International
    programmes, the Second-Year mark is used. Where students are pursuing a joint honours programme in the
    penultimate year and progress to a single honours programme in final year the penultimate mark of the relevant
    subject is used."

From here: http://www.nuim.ie/calendar/rules/documents/marksandstandards_000.pdf

Discussed a bit here too.

So do you Guys...notice anything....different about me? :P

New cyber hair cut?

• Advertisement

Haha, not quite :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Raaaaaaaagggggggggeeeeeeee at what sounded like 8 interruptions throughout the exam this morning in the small sports hall. I quickly grew to hate everyone doing an exam that had nothing to do with me. I know it's irrational. But that many interruptions is taking the piss. You're all psyched up, as focused as you can possibly be... then interruption after interruption for the whole exam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So do you Guys...notice anything....different about me? :P

Stop looking for attention AmyPutz! :P

Shup'n'lemme be a attention whore!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FanillaIce

I ate in the SU bar today and the food was reallly goooood. I hadn't been there since last year so I was very pleasantly surprised. Great value for money too :-)

Just thought I'd put this out there in case there are others who assumed like me that the food was still goddawful and who need somewhere local for those wet days when pugin hall seems so far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

FanillaIce wrote: »
    I ate in the SU bar today and the food was reallly goooood. I hadn't been there since last year so I was very pleasantly surprised. Great value for money too :-)

Just thought I'd put this out there in case there are others who assumed like me that the food was still goddawful and who need somewhere local for those wet days when pugin hall seems so far away!

I appreciate knowing this! Hadn't given it a chance before. Will do soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

mickstupp wrote: »
    I appreciate knowing this! Hadn't given it a chance before. Will do soon.

Well it is, after all, award winning grub. [/shamless self-promotion]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Does anyone know what the story is with campus parking? Has paid parking been enforced yet or is it the same as usual until second semester begins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Oh new name :)
    It took a long time to figure that out!!

I had the same problem in the Main Sports Hall today, towards the end of the exam. It was ridiculous!

Currently waiting to give out to UPC, my television keeps turning itself off and freezing. I only got a new box last week because a few channels weren't working on it. It went and deleted loads of my programs I had recorded last night!! So annoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

girlonfire wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with campus parking? Has paid parking been enforced yet or is it the same as usual until second semester begins?

Rob's the man to ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement