Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Rob's the man to ask.

Starts in feb, there should be an all students email. will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Rob's the man to ask.

Rob is currently in Germany and probably won't see this for a while though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

Rob is currently in Germany and probably won't see this for a while though ;)

News to me. Woops. Luckily Declan's here to make the save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

So do you Guys...notice anything....different about me? :P

A new sig? Other than that I can't see anything new :P
    News to me. Woops. Luckily Declan's here to make the save.

God damnit the_observer, I thought your mission in life was to bring such news to the NUIM student body! I am disappoint :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

declan06 wrote: »
    Starts in feb, there should be an all students email. will keep you updated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Anyone know the opening times for the swimming pool for students?

Some amount of mrapes and trollin' going on on moodle lately! Or at least I hope it's trolling... o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

God damnit the_observer, I thought your mission in life was to bring such news to the NUIM student body! I am disappoint :pac:

We all have our off days

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    12pm - 4pm I think. Not sure about weekends.

Adebisi Shank is the best study music ever <333333

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    12-4pm Monday to Friday
    12-2pm Saturday
    12-4pm Sunday (subject to revision I think)

There are also two early morning sessions
    7.30-8.30 am, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

There's also a staff only swim on Thursday afternoons. Before anyone asks, the pool is generally used by local schools in the mornings during the hours it is not open to students, the NUIM Swim school gives children's lessons after 4 most days, and on two or three evenings a week adult lessons are on.

Finally, MUCK (the kyaking club) uses the pool Mondays and Wednesdays 7-9pm, and NUIM Swim club uses it Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8.30pm. You can join either of these on the second fairs day during re-orientation week, if that's happening again this year.

I think maybe I should just get the entire above spiel printed on my forehead and be done with it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lads, when are the repeats? not that i plan on failing :)

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lads, when are the repeats? not that i plan on failing :)
    They're in August - the middle two weeks I think.

Another one out of the way, only 3 left now :) I can never stay the full duration of an exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

CnaG wrote: »
    12-4pm Monday to Friday
    12-2pm Saturday
    12-4pm Sunday (subject to revision I think)

There are also two early morning sessions
    7.30-8.30 am, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I think maybe I should just get the entire above spiel printed on my forehead and be done with it...

Thanks.. I had a feeling these were the times, but I just wanted to double check.. didn't want to be turning up in my swimming togs, all set to go and it's closed or staff only :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

5pm today and I'm exam-free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Grrr I still have 5 more to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Does anyone know if NUIM has a darts club? All the recent action on tv has got me interested in stepping up to the oche. I didn't see one on clubs and societies day. I don't think theres a dartboard in the SU Bar either. Plenty of other third level colleges have clubs. Does Maynooth?

Only 3 left yaaay! I conked out on my bed after this mornings exam and had a series of ****ed up dreams! Seriously...you'd swear I was on something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

3 gone 2 to go, can't wait til tomorrows is over and I can take the rest of the day off, next exam after itisn't until monday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know if the exams office is open until 4 or 5?!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the exams office is open until 4 or 5?!
    I'm pretty sure it's 5, although they could be open even later atm with the exams :)

Apparently you can't voice an opinion on moodle without getting given out to >_<

I'm pretty sure it's 5, although they could be open even later atm with the exams :)

Apparently you can't voice an opinion on moodle without getting given out to >_<

Perfect! Thanks a mill!

By lecturers or students?

You're welcome.

Students. There's a thread with people giving out that the questions on our exam yesterday weren't similar to the ones on the sample paper we were given. Personally, I thought that it was a bit naive to assume that they would be so I said words to that effect. And then someone responded saying that it was insensitive of me to say that.

Yes I know, Internet = Serious Business and all that, before anyone posts it.

You're welcome.

Students. There's a thread with people giving out that the questions on our exam yesterday weren't similar to the ones on the sample paper we were given. Personally, I thought that it was a bit naive to assume that they would be so I said words to that effect. And then someone responded saying that it was insensitive of me to say that.

Yes I know, Internet = Serious Business and all that, before any posts it.

Happened to me before. People just don't like being told that things are their own fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I can't remember the last time I posted on Moodlein ages, though I have just seen a great line from one of the better lecturers I've had:
    You guys really worry too much. Honestly you do!

^ I like that. It should be stuck on a post-it on my forehead I think :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Does anyone know if NUIM has a darts club? All the recent action on tv has got me interested in stepping up to the oche. I didn't see one on clubs and societies day. I don't think theres a dartboard in the SU Bar either. Plenty of other third level colleges have clubs. Does Maynooth?

There isn't, but if your interested why not set one up? I think dart boards in the SU is a great idea, and something I will look in to.

^ I like that. It should be stuck on a post-it on my forehead I think :P

08_post_it_jane_1.jpg

Someone posted this on facebook... I'LL BE SINGING IT ALL NIGHT! o_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Who'd have known he'd turn out to be such a sellout wanker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement