Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Whoever runs the SU first years facebook page just gave me a heart attack by posting that all 1st year exams were finished today. :eek: ...thought I had missed my last exam....panic over:cool:

BTW do you get any qualification for the arts subject you drop after 1st year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I don't think you do...

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

jubella wrote: »

I've spent days adding more cowbell to my music collection.

Even to this.

Life Complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Also Chill appears to be open.
    The whole menu isn't available atm, but the interior is amazing and the sandwiches are incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Galway Cycle here I come, one bicycle borrowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Nip nip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 shmici

nip nip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Nip nip.

Ice-man, whoosh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm just going to agree with the above...

• Advertisement

Ice-man, whoosh!

Ice-man, whoosh!

Ook ook. Yum yum. Nip nip

Ook ook. Yum yum. Nip nip.

Ook ook. Yum yum. Nip nip.

Coming soon: Sugar's review of "Nixon in China".

My student travelcard picture is AWFUL :eek:

That shall stay tucked away in the wallet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Please please please shurrup.

EDIT: Not you Amy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Know how ya feel, except mine's my actual student card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My passport is an example of why it's a shocking idea to get a passport at 16 and use that as your main ID for the next 5 years. I nearly got turned away on Stephens' night there cause I didn't look like my photo. ****ers couldn't imagine that a person changes from 16 to 21. Getting a new one in a month or so. Better be a good photo this time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

@ banquo, shmick, and buronikisu

wat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

My passport is an example of why it's a shocking idea to get a passport at 16 and use that as your main ID for the next 5 years. I nearly got turned away on Stephens' night there cause I didn't look like my photo. ****ers couldn't imagine that a person changes from 16 to 21. Getting a new one in a month or so. Better be a good photo this time

Garda ID ftw :cool:
    I'd hate having to bring my passport every time I go out

Please please please shurrup.

EDIT: Not you Amy!

I read that first and I was like whuuut? Mod making me shup :(

Yeh it's a little silly, I got mine 2 years ago I think, but I have my drivers license, student card, garda age card and now my student travelcard to back it up :P I generally just use my license though, even though my hair is ridiculous :P

*edit* Random piece of information time!

Did you know that the Garda Age card is not actually an ID, and you CAN be turned away from nightclubs/pubs if the bouncer isn't satisfied? It happens a lot on nights where there's loads out, like Leaving Cert results night. See here.
    An Age Card is a “proof of age card” and not an “Identity Card”. The Age Card is solely for the purpose stated above and should not be obtained or used for any other purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think the point of ID pictures are to make us look as ridiculous as possible >_<

Jesus christ, the radio ads for Kildare Village are unbelievably awful. Seventy percent? FCUK OFFFFFFF!!

Couldn't be bothered buying a Garda ID. I never get asked usually it's just the odd time. Have an awful tendency to lose thinggs on a night out. Hard to lose a big booklet though. Lost my driving licence out on Saturday in O'Neills I think. Lost my Student ID, card for my room and driving licence also last year all in the one week. Pretty broke after that week has to be said

cardbig.jpg

Meet Sugar.

Yum yum. Nip nip.

cardbig.jpg

Meet Sugar

Yum yum. Nip nip.

cardbig.jpg

Nip nip.

card for my room

Oh jesus do not even talk to me about the amount of times I've lost that thing/locked it in my room. :mad::mad::mad:

*edit* Are you three TRYING to look for a reason to get banned??? **** me that's annoying

• Advertisement

I read that first and I was like whuuut? Mod making me shup :(

Yeh it's a little silly, I got mine 2 years ago I think, but I have my drivers license, student card, garda age card and now my student travelcard to back it up :P I generally just use my license though, even though my hair is ridiculous :P

*edit* Random piece of information time!

Did you know that the Garda Age card is not actually an ID, and you CAN be turned away from nightclubs/pubs if the bouncer isn't satisfied? It happens a lot on nights where there's loads out, like Leaving Cert results night. See here.

That's a reason I dont have it. What pisses me off is the ***** that accept a Garda card, which is essentially a glorified piece of plastic, over a passport which is the most official document you have. Got tirned away trying to buy 4 cans in the shop up by the Maxol station. They didn't take passports. She did let my friend buy it for me though. Stupidest thing ever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement