Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

banquo wrote: »
    Yum yum. Nip nip.

what is this i don't even...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just to clarify: Shmick, Broni and I have been working since half 9 this morning on The Print and we may have gone slightly around the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Oh jesus do not even talk to me about the amount of times I've lost that thing/locked it in my room. :mad::mad::mad:

Broke mine last year by putting it in the back pocket of my jeans and sitting on the window sill in my house. I was in a mess at that stage but still had the cop on to go and do the double open for it so that I'd get back into my room later that night before it eventually snapped in half.

Never under-estimate a drunken persons ability to think ahead. Very proud of myself that night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I've never broken it myself, but I know Rafcam broke hers by accident, she dropped it and caught it before it hit the ground and it just broke in her hands! That's what I call a super ninja :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

when do the first year results generally come out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Pudsy33 wrote: »

At the same time as everyone else's? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

which is when :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

The first face I see every morning is a Maynooth professor.....

10d6zio.jpg

Have it a while and only got it framed, nice bit of street art from ADW.

Also....

did you know we have a Maynooth boards.ie Facebook?

decided to check up on it yesterday, can't say I'm impressed. Spam city.

Sort it out admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Since when am I an admin for that?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

That's not important, the question is why am I not? ;)

Why do we need a facebook page??

Me and Donal set that up two years ago for the craic. Then someone complained that there were no female admins. So we added every female member as admin. Then they complained that there were too many admins.

It doesn't matter! It's just a stupid page!

Woooah someone just needs to calm down a little mister! Breathe in.....and out......in.......and out.......

And make me a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You seem a bit stressed Rob :p *hug*

Also, I have been relegated to phone internet cuz i'm at home, but if I can muster the strength to grapple with vodafone "broadband" I'll try and clean up that fb page. Assuming I'm still an admin, which I think I was at one point :pac:

Either that or I'll make Donal an admin so he can get rid of the spam and stop complaining.

If you want to see 'stressed', you should see Aengus having to go to a meeting while the government collapses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I think they are usually posted on the department notice boards around the second week in febuary.................I...think

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

ELECTION! 11th March!

Wow, can't believe no-one has posted that here yet. People must be too busy having lives and stuff...

CnaG wrote: »
    ELECTION! 11th March!

Wow, can't believe no-one has posted that here yet. People must be too busy having lives and stuff...

Speak for yourself.

/goes back to tab with RTE LivePlayer open

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I was too busy making a list of people I'm not going to vote for to post about it.

*can't wait to see how many seats Fianna Fail loses*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Can not wait till FF come calling to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Originally posted byA Changer
    *can't wait to see how many seats Fianna Fail loses*
    Paddy Power are running a book on the no. of seats they have after the election.
    20 seats or less is a tasty 3/1 ;)

15yt28m.jpg

Really looking forward to a trip to Paddy Power on these elections.

"20 seats or less is a tasty 3/1". I've been saying 25ish for the gombeens. More interesting to bet on the smaller parties and the indepedents. The Greens for example. I'd put money on Trev Sargant being the only one of them put back in.

Also, anyone who fancies a flutter, time to start picking out them battlezone constiuencies.

Dublin West: 3 seats, 4 big names. Joan Burton, Leo Varadkar, Joe Higgins and Brian Lendahand all going for it. I think Joe will have a fighting chance.

Dublin Mid West: Harney gone, Gogarty a write-off. Shinner seat?

All over Ireland there's potential flutters!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

From one thing to another. Does anyone know how NUI Maynooth is regarded? Like, its reputation. In particular interested in how good NUIM is in finance/economics. Thinking about studying for an MSc in the UK when I'm done with this degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

PrivateEye wrote: »

Dublin West: 3 seats, 4 big names. Joan Burton, Leo Varadkar, Joe Higgins and Brian Lendahand all going for it. I think Joe will have a fighting chance.
    I live in this constituency, it is going up to four seats though so all of the above should get in. Labour are running Patrick Nulty to maybe steal one of the seats. Can not wait for the campaigns to begin, certainly I know which of the above I will be giving number 1 to and which I will not be giving any preference at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I went to bed at half 9 last night and I'm only after waking up now o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Well i went to bed at 5.30 after leaving a trail of destruction on facebook. Woke up at 10 and downed a bottle of coke. In hindsight it wasnt the best decision. Fairly awake now and wont be sleeping anytime soon today

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Also....

did you know we have a Maynooth boards.ie Facebook?

decided to check up on it yesterday, can't say I'm impressed. Spam city.

Sort it out admins.

Lol, I actually came across that last week! Was gonna post about it and everything and then my laptop charger broke and I forgot about it!
    Me and Donal set that up two years ago for the craic. Then someone complained that there were no female admin

s. So we added every female member as admin. Then they complained that there were too many admins.

How come I never got added? You trying to imply something? :P
    wonton wrote: »
    I think they are usually posted on the department notice boards around the second week in febuary.................I...think

History's provisional date is Feb 14th iirc
    Law was really late last year, one of the last I think, and they were all posted on moodle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Please please please please please can the SU make sure there are no exams on May 18th (maybe 19th as well) to clash with the Europa League final?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Daemos wrote: »
    Please please please please please can the SU make sure there are no exams on May 18th (maybe 19th as well) to clash with the Europa League final?
    Second that! The finals in Dublin, and if Liverpool make it that far then I'll be hosting relatives from the People's Republic of Scouserland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement