Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

CnaG wrote: »

:pac:
    Totally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Daemos wrote: »
    Please please please please please can the SU make sure there are no exams on May 18th (maybe 19th as well) to clash with the Europa League final?

I second this. Please please have no exams on May 18th so that I don't have an exam on my birthday!

Even though I'll only have to work at that match instead then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

This reminds me of somebody here:

comicsans2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

The guy wrote: »
    This reminds me of somebody here:

comicsans2.png

A popular alternative is also Papyrus.

PAPPPYYYYYYRUSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:mad:

Maybe even Chiller too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

A popular alternative is also Papyrus.

PAPPPYYYYYYRUSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:mad:

Maybe even Chiller too...
    papyrus.png

:P

I <3 Take Me Out. SHIFFFFTERRRRRRRRRRSS!!!!!

papyrus.png

>_<

Me and a friend doing a graphic design course have a game where we try to find more unique instances of the papyrus font whenever we're wandering around town...

Coffee shops are a MAJOR offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Flickr's still cool, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

>_<

Me and a friend doing a graphic design course have a game where we try to find more unique instances of the papyrus font whenever we're wandering around town...

Coffee shops are a MAJOR offender.

Try the national museum. Comic sans, Arial and papyrus all over the shop. Hell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWYPfhq1KdBFMF2vlMzVuyGhN2F6h_5GMZFiLmB2UikLGcA0pUSg&t=1

• Advertisement

font_jokes.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

I really don't understand what people have against certain fonts. It all seems rather elitist and silly...

To quote Lars Ulric, some fonts are just so "stock".

Fonts that everyone, not just font fanatics, can recognise with ease should be almost completely avoided when doing design work, in my opinion. It can potentially ruin the aim of the design if someone looks at a poster and goes "hey, I know that font. I used to type in it all the time in Microsoft Word when I was a kid" rather than the intended "hey, this poster looks cool. Let me read what information it has printed on it".

Papyrus, Chiller and, yes, Comic Sans all fall into the former category. They're too recognisable and shift the focus away from the visual of / information on the poster.

/Impassioned amateur fontgasm over.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

AAAGH my house-mate has to move out =(

Anyone else notice our glourious SU leader on the direct line ad?

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/bulletin/thefix/article/1049351/?DCMP=EMC-CONCampaignDailyFix :p

irish_goat wrote: »

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/bulletin/thefix/article/1049351/?DCMP=EMC-CONCampaignDailyFix :p

I believe the technical term is "MEGA LOLZ".

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

irish_goat wrote: »

Aengus, please tell me this is not what you will look like in 20 years??
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: No dodgey moustaches, otherwise you are dumped.com ;);)

Any of you international mentor students heard anything about the 2nd semester erasmus students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Not a thing.

All I know is there's a meeting on the 10th. Did you sign up for anymore students?

Not a thing.

All I know is there's a meeting on the 10th. Did you sign up for anymore students?

Aye and I got an email from the woman arranging it all but that was about 2 weeks ago, surely they'll be arriving this week though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yeah, same as last semester though. They get in early enough and maybe we all meet up later like Iontas I assume? I hope actually. That was an epic night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I just got a mail about an updated semester 2 timetable at the nuim.ie/timetable site. Grand. Except, it hasn't worked all last semester and still doesn't. I'm talking about the personalised ones when you login. Did that work for anyone else last semester? I ask because the mail said they made some 'amendments', not that they fixed the complete non-functioning of it, so I suspect they didn't know about the general brokenness, which makes me think it was only a problem for me. Maybe?

Only have one 9 am start!!! =D *dances*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

mickstupp wrote: »
    I just got a mail about an updated semester 2 timetable at the nuim.ie/timetable site. Grand. Except, it hasn't worked all last semester and still doesn't. I'm talking about the personalised ones when you login. Did that work for anyone else last semester? I ask because the mail said they made some 'amendments', not that they fixed the complete non-functioning of it, so I suspect they didn't know about the general brokenness, which makes me think it was only a problem for me. Maybe?
    The personalised log-in one only worked for my exam timetable but not my actual course one as well. You can still do it manually choosing the courses without logging in though, have you tried that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

smiles302 wrote: »
    Only have one 9 am start!!! =D *dances*
    Only 0 9am starts

*dances better*

:D

Grrr :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Daemos wrote: »
    The personalised log-in one only worked for my exam timetable but not my actual course one as well. You can still do it manually choosing the courses without logging in though, have you tried that way?
    Yeah, it's fine that way, but it seems silly that the thing only worked for 2 semesters and hasn't been fixed since. I was just curious. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

mickstupp wrote: »

It didn't work for me ages, it worked for a week or two near the end of last semester, just checked again there and it's not working again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

• Advertisement

Beau wrote: »

They beat 2 other countries who's names elude me to come 10th out of 12 as far as I remember. For a completely amateur set up and barely 3 weeks practising it's a pretty decent result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement