Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

irish_goat wrote: »
    They beat 2 other countries who's names elude me to come 10th out of 12 as far as I remember. For a completely amateur set up and barely 3 weeks practising it's a pretty decent result.

Interview with two members of the team coming up in the next issue of 'The Print'.

Anyone know what happens with Chemistry labs in semester 2?
    Do we have to register again? The times look harsh, monday at 5? :mad:
    Sorry if this question is asked all the time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm not sure about Chemistry but for most subjects if you're taking on different modules from the previous semester then they reassign labs/tutorials again so that people that might have clashes can be accommodated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I hate travelling home. Silly train!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

irish_goat wrote: »
    I'm not sure about Chemistry but for most subjects if you're taking on different modules from the previous semester then they reassign labs/tutorials again so that people that might have clashes can be accommodated.

Except Biology it seems :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

So my dad had Joooooe Duffy on the radio in the kitchen, and who do I hear on it while I'm in having a sup of tay but the NUIM forum's very own PrivateEye...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Anyone else have timetable clashes this semester?

I do, with two core modules in German and Media.. the German office said it was a big problem this semester.

What happens if there's a clash??

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Sometimes they reschedule clashing modules, the smaller one moves if they can agree a time. As I recall, in our case they de-cored one of the modules for us and allowed us to pick an elective instead. Our class was pretty small though (12).

Do you have a class rep? If so, get onto them and get them to work it out with the department. If not, DIY is probably the best option. The SU might be able to help too? :)

Both classes have about 25 people in them.. even sizes!

The German department can't really do much at the moment, was on the phone to them earlier.

The Media Office is closed until Monday.. and the clashing classes are scheduled for 10am Monday.. I'm just worried about missing the first class of a new module in the semester, really!

We don't really have class reps in my subjects....! Thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Hmm. Are you the only person whose modules are clashing in those two subjects? If not, maybe send one of you to one lecture, one to the other, explain the situation to the lecturers, and each videotape/record the lecture for the other to use later. That way you wouldn't miss out on too much until they get it sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

So my dad had Joooooe Duffy on the radio in the kitchen, and who do I hear on it while I'm in having a sup of tay but the NUIM forum's very own PrivateEye...

That was some poem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

This has probably been asked loads before, sorry!
    Does anyone know where to go if you need to get forms filled out/stamped??
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I had to do this earlier in the year too. Student Records is the place you're looking for, on the opposite side of the room as the Fees & Grants Office (where you get your Student ID card) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Thanking you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Tay! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Alright lads and lassies, aon sceal? Nil aon fada ar an keyboard seo. Feckin' Asia.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Alright lads and lassies, aon sceal? Nil aon fada ar an keyboard seo. Feckin' Asia.

ROZABEEZ IS BACK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭manna

Unless they've changed since last year, you don't have to, and usually can't change unless you've a timetable clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Aye, briefly. Sitting in my Business English class - they're doing a company report about defective products. I'm coffee'ing away the need to sleep.

1132.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

WUT??

He's skiing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Once again, losing it.

CnaG wrote: »
    Hmm. Are you the only person whose modules are clashing in those two subjects? If not, maybe send one of you to one lecture, one to the other, explain the situation to the lecturers, and each videotape/record the lecture for the other to use later. That way you wouldn't miss out on too much until they get it sorted :)

They're putting me in a Masters class because they can't reschedule :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

So who's looking forward to going back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Terrified.

Final Year Project is looming, so I'm pretty ambivalent!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I'm far happier to be heading back to Maynooth than if I was heading back to secondary school (which is an odd feeling!), but then I remember I have exam results to get... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Anyone know where the English seminar room is please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Liber8or wrote: »
    So who's looking forward to going back? :D

I am. I learned a lot from first semester, mostly about how not to carry on, it was all a big enough deal to me. I'm back home now and I can't wait to get to work.

Does anyone know if music lectures start tomorrow? I know the music department like to have their own starting time in first semester, same this semester?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement