Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

APT is attached to the River Apartments Residence Office and AX1 I don't know off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Does anyone know where the rooms APT and AX1 are by any chance? I haven't a clue and I've a lecture in both tomorrow.

AX1 is auxilia classhall 1 - marked 47 on this map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

And APT would be 50 / 51 on that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

****ing capital sigma is a ****ing variable now too? Just when I was getting comfortable with summation notation.

"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them." - John von Neumann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just discovered the free text feature on the Library website. It's genius, my life is so much happier now, no more scribbling numbers on the backs of whatever pieces of paper I find :D

But why are all the books I need always on the top floor? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Is nuimsu.com being updated or something? Can't access mail:(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Website is broken apparently. Use this in the mean time to direct link to the mail server:

http://mail.google.com/a/nuimsu.com

Much Love,
    AE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

No emails anyway:(

Thanks though!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone else been having problems with the Naxos site on the library off campus proxy?
    It says that the licence is expired! I emailed the library to get confirmation.
    Hope it gets back up soon, I needs my free music!

Recently played tracks.....Chopin Chopin Chopin Chopin Chopin.......the guy you said was nothing but 'piano wankery?' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Daemos wrote: »
    Just discovered the free text feature on the Library website. It's genius, my life is so much happier now, no more scribbling numbers on the backs of whatever pieces of paper I find :D

Whereabouts is that? Sick of writing down the numbers and then having to check them a few times to make sure the walk upstairs isn't a total waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Ah, but I have to admit he does have some nice relaxing tunes.
    Always reminds me of the film the Pianist though!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Stupid question I know but is there any sort of lift access in Humanities House?

I know it's on the South Campus and all but just wondering do I have to struggle up to the History dept on crutches or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Duddy wrote: »
    Is nuimsu.com being updated or something? Can't access mail:(

Upgrade in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Whereabouts is that? Sick of writing down the numbers and then having to check them a few times to make sure the walk upstairs isn't a total waste of time
    Click on the title of the book you want, and the link is near the bottom of the page. Doesn't always load though, which is annoying

Daemos wrote: »
    Click on the title of the book you want, and the link is near the bottom of the page. Doesn't always load though, which is annoying

That is unbelievable. Why don't they put these things on the front page of the library website or something. I'm going into my final semester and I'm only finding it out now. That's pretty poor by all accounts. Waste of a very useful service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Well if you're not looking for books why would you need it in the front page?
    It's perfectly sufficient to put the link under the book that you're looking for specifically relating to that book.
    Just saying like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Didn't even know about that text thing for the book codes! No more writing them on my arm so :P

The thought of having to go outside in the wind & rain in a few minutes, nooooo >.<

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've already sent leopoldbloom a visitor message but are either leopold or banquo currently around campus atm so I could talk to you?

Pm me your mobile?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

banquo wrote: »
    Pm me your mobile?

sent

• Advertisement

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Well if you're not looking for books why would you need it in the front page?
    It's perfectly sufficient to put the link under the book that you're looking for specifically relating to that book.
    Just saying like.

I meant they could have pointed it out in some way on the front page. As it is you have to click on the title of the book which I'm pretty sure no one does anyway. I assume most people just click on the John Paul library link on the side to see that the book is in the library. In 3 years I've probably clicked on the title about 5 times and never took any notice. For such a useful service it's a complete waste to have it so hidden away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Squishykins hearts Banquo's sig :D

Just got another 1/5th of my manifesto completed thanks to Alt_Grrrr. Union would be lost without him!

Announcement at Union Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Does anyone go to aerobics?

Online it says that it's on at 5 on Mondays and 6 on Tuesdays but in the re-orientate yourself booklet I got last week it says 6 on Mondays and 5 on Tuesdays..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    Does anyone go to aerobics?

Online it says that it's on at 5 on Mondays and 6 on Tuesdays but in the re-orientate yourself booklet I got last week it says 6 on Mondays and 5 on Tuesdays..

Hey,

Its 5 on Mon, 6 on Tues, 5 on Wed, 6 on Thurs. A woman called Claire does it on Tues and Thurs and she is really good. Its in the small sports hall.

If you go, you won't regret it - a great workout to modern music.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Hey,

Its 5 on Mon, 6 on Tues, 5 on Wed, 6 on Thurs. A woman called Claire does it on Tues and Thurs and she is really good. Its in the small sports hall.

If you go, you won't regret it - a great workout to modern music.
    :)

I went last semester, it is really good, fun workout! I was just confused with the times this semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Really excited about Enda Bates' talk on Tuesday :)

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Anybody going to see Declan O'Rourke? Can't wait, should be a nice change from the usual sort of gig :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

where do i get the parking thingy from>?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement