Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Duddy wrote: »
    computer+nerd+%252B+Limpet+2%255B1%255D.JPG
    Squishkins true identity revealed!!
    :p:p:p

Suck. Mah. Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Can we haz a "Know your Maynoothians" picture thread? So I can get to know faces :P
    Sure go ahead and start one if you want! :)

My laptop doesn't fit in my new bag argh >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can someone confirm the sun shines out here?...Since the start of the year nearly every day has been dull, with a few snow filled ones thrown in.

Ah it's sunny sometimes. Usually during the exams in May, so you can't even enjoy it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ah it's sunny sometimes. Usually during the exams in May, so you can't even enjoy it :pac:

I guess that leaves me with the yearly leaving cert sunny spell to look forward to. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the sun shines out here?...Since the start of the year nearly every day has been dull, with a few snow filled ones thrown in.

The weather was pretty good at the start of the year, i remember i bought an umbrella for the first time for college and it didnt rain for about a month through september in october.

but ye i can't wait for abitta sun,everything seems so much better when its sunny.

Literature review

Research proposal

Just my thesis in general.

epic-rage-guy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

wonton wrote: »
    The weather was pretty good at the start of the year, i remember i bought an umbrella for the first time for college and it didnt rain for about a month through september in october.

but ye i can't wait for abitta sun,everything seems so much better when its sunny.

I'm pretty sure one of my friends, who came to NUIM with me from school last year and then dropped out, would have stayed on if it was sunny more. Everything's more positive and encouraging.

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure one of my friends, who came to NUIM with me from school last year and then dropped out, would have stayed on if it was sunny more. Everything's more positive and encouraging.

haha he sounds like a bitta craic..

"so you still in college?"

"nah man, **** that **** its way too cloudy up in maynooth"

haha he sounds like a bitta craic..

"so you still in college?"

"nah man, **** that **** its way too cloudy up in maynooth"

He went on to the sunny meadows of... DCU :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

El Pr0n wrote: »
    He went on to the sunny meadows of... DCU :p

Oh dear god the poor lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Literature review

Research proposal

Just my thesis in general.

Some sneer so it is. My supervisor showed me a thesis from last year and the girl had 33 references done for it. I did 4 for my literature review. Kinda ****ting it big time over it all now hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I love how much work I'm getting done...Stoopid boards!

Just read the email with the SU news in it... Is there really only 24 class reps?? O_O That's ridiculous! Would there be any point in me going for it (neither of my classes have reps), or is it too late in the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Just read the email with the SU news in it... Is there really only 24 class reps?? O_O That's ridiculous! Would there be any point in me going for it (neither of my classes have reps), or is it too late in the year?

I'd say go for it, It seems that people don't take an interest in the union since they assume that a) The Union Does Nothing or b) Somebody else is looking after it

so as you can see, the majority of the classes are unrepresented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Class rep list has been updated a bit since, we've more than 30 at the mo, but more are ofc welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Anyone attend the political debate in Iontas tonight, interesting enough. Not my constituency so it does not really matter to me but none of those candidates seemed to stand out. Not sure I would be comfortable with any of them having a say in the running of the country, especially the two independents.

was in the music lab there and logged into moodle on one of the macs and then hit the check mail thing and someone elses mail opened up.

I thought closing the mail would log you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Class rep list has been updated a bit since, we've more than 30 at the mo, but more are ofc welcome:)

Is there a list of them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Not at the mo, but good idea, I'll see how Banquo bright and early on Monday morning:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I don't get why people leave their Moodle page open and unattended, must say though it leads to some funny comments.. any 1st Computer Science been on Moodle recently? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

I don't get why people leave their Moodle page open and unattended, must say though it leads to some funny comments.. any 1st Computer Science been on Moodle recently? :D

I really want to build robots too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Not at the mo, but good idea, I'll see how Banquo bright and early on Monday morning:p

Theology ball poster
    Next clubs and Socs council poster (posters take time so I start a bit in advance, except the two referendum ones which came together surprisingly fast!)
    Get chapliancy poster artwork to printers
    Start of shag week
    Start of referendum campaigning
    (mostly poster hanging in both cases)
    Make Sudokos for next paper
    Ring around for special project for next paper

So there may be a bit of a queue :pac: Might be time after 8 or 9pm.

My plan for the year was semester 1 = paper stuff (build a good relationship with the English printers, get The Print to a decent standard while teasing out all the problems so the next person doesn't have to worry about then and can just hit the ground running, get the comms office machine to a point where it has decent hardware and the right software, catalogue copies of all past su handbooks and copies of the paper for posterity in the library, include some of the college non-academic departments in the paper e.g chaplaincy, press office etc, you get the idea)

Semester 2 is the Internet semester. Which reminds me of something else to do Monday. Watch this space :pac:

Keep up the good work Rob!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

20 posters up this Saturday morning. This thing better pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Bhoy_ wrote: »
    I really want to build robots too...

Me too, but that post is hilarious!
    Guess unless ya made the first post you're doomed like me :D

but thats the thing that confused me, nothing was open, and when i did open firefox i signed into MY moodle log in, then clicked the quick link to check mail, and some one elses mail opened up logged in.

I didnt think you had to log out of mail, especially when you close firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 AlwaysConfused

but thats the thing that confused me, nothing was open, and when i did open firefox i signed into MY moodle log in, then clicked the quick link to check mail, and some one elses mail opened up logged in.

I dunno what the story is with that, but I usually make sure I'm logged out of all that, especially Moodle because you can only edit you posts within 30mins like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

Telling Aidan "Sorry isn't good enough" when he posted the class test results! Serious balls there. :P

• Advertisement

I don't think you're logged out of things automatically unless you click Delete Private Data on the info box which comes up after you exit Firefox.

I need to stop buying so many books :o I could open a library at this stage (albeit a small one).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement