Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

banquo wrote: »
    Voting is in Arts Block until 6:30pm. You need your student card.

Today's referendum is more important than most people realise. Decisions are made by those who show up. I am personally asking you to show up.

Although, if it's a case that you don't have a student card for some reason but can otherwise prove you're a student (i.e. by giving your student number) you may still be able to vote. Cuz that's what my friend did.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sh7289

What way should i vote? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just checked the emails - NUIM has a new president.
    Dear Student

I am pleased to inform you that the Governing Authority has today confirmed the appointment of Professor Philip Nolan as President of NUI Maynooth. He will take up the position on 15th August 2011.

Professor Nolan is currently Registrar, Deputy President and Vice-President for Academic Affairs at University College Dublin, a position he has held since 2004. He is a distinguished medical scientist and a highly respected university teacher, who has been central to the changes and developments at UCD in recent years.

He has outlined his priorities for NUI Maynooth to include strengthening our national and international reputation as one of Ireland's finest universities through outstanding teaching that equips students for careers and for life, focusing on a number of priority areas of research where NUI Maynooth can truly excel, and by fostering strong collaborations with other higher education institutions, with enterprise, and with the community.

I am sure you will join with me in welcoming Professor Nolan to Maynooth, and wishing him every success in his tenure.

Kind regards

David
    Dr David Redmond
    Registrar
    NUI Maynooth

I hope he doesn't cause the college to go as bureaucratic and odd as UCD has in recent years, seeing as he has been "central to the recent changes and developments" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Hey, Would anyone be willing to get a virus off my computer?? I'd be really grateful and of course will pay for your time!! Thanks. PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

There's no example tickets left in the SU is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Was a good few tickets left the last time I was there (4pm). Give it a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

****!

I heard they were sold out. May try tomorrow.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

****!

I heard they were sold out. May try tomorrow.....

I know of two tixkets going spare if anyone wants them. Just PM me

Tickets still there this morning!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

My day off filled with a lie in and tv was wrecked by having to get up at 6.30 am this morning to help canvass. Such a tiring experience, leaves you mentally and physically drained. Plus having to put with the abuse is awful. Glad to be home and resting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    My day off filled with a lie in and tv was wrecked by having to get up at 6.30 am this morning to help canvass. Such a tiring experience, leaves you mentally and physically drained. Plus having to put with the abuse is awful. Glad to be home and resting.
    Who were you canvassing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

FF but only because it is part of my Politics module. Do not support them at all but it is an interesting experience canvassing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Hey, Would anyone be willing to get a virus off my computer?? I'd be really grateful and of course will pay for your time!! Thanks. PM me if you're interested.

Drop into the SU and I'll do it gratis. I'm already paid!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

banquo wrote: »
    Drop into the SU and I'll do it gratis. I'm already paid!

I need my Windows restored to factory settings...can you do that? :P

There'd be a Football Special in it for you.

Just for all you boardsie meanies who love to give me so much abuse...

My Chemical Romance were AMAZING!

That is all :p

irish_goat wrote: »
    I need my Windows restored to factory settings...can you do that? :P

There'd be a Football Special in it for you.

I was completely against it until you mentioned the Football Special.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ah Football Special. I would say nom nom nom but that's a bit silly saying it about a drink :p

Glom glom glom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Does anyone know whats happening at the SU bar tonight? Is there a band playing or is it a disco or what?

And Football special is lovely.

Example is playing!

e12 quid, still a few tickets left I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I have two tickets (on campus) for sale, face value. PM me if you want them....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just for all you boardsie meanies who love to give me so much abuse...

My Chemical Romance were AMAZING!

That is all :p

Ah but they wern't really. :p

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ah but they wern't really. :p

Oh, they were

Even people who weren't big fans have admitted that! :P

MCR know how to put on a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I hear they didn't play I Don't Love You, what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I thought it was a very by the numbers show...just play the songs and get off stage and little crowd interaction, I preferred their RDS show a few years ago to last night. I aint a fan though...I think they got all the success Alkaline Trio deserve :p

Plus they are increasing public awareness of Grant Morrison....that in itself is enough reason to dislike them. :)

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I hear they didn't play I Don't Love You, what gives?

Well it wasn't a Black Parade show... they only played about two songs from the album...
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    I thought it was a very by the numbers show...just play the songs and get off stage and little crowd interaction, I preferred their RDS show a few years ago to last night. I aint a fan though...I think they got all the success Alkaline Trio deserve :p

Plus they are increasing public awareness of Grant Morrison....that in itself is enough reason to dislike them. :)

Ah thee was good interactions. And Gerard is great performer. That cannot be denied

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The King of Limbs release brought forward 24 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Ok, starting next week I really have to start using the library, can someone explain how it works?? I know, I'm terrible, but how do you find the book you want and take it out and all? I have no experience of libraries ever :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Ok, starting next week I really have to start using the library, can someone explain how it works?? I know, I'm terrible, but how do you find the book you want and take it out and all? I have no experience of libraries ever :P

Hey,

The library runs some courses on the basics during the year, so you should try to go to one of those.

Best place to start when looking for a book is the library catalogue on the library website, use the search engine to search by title, author,etc. The search engine will then give you a number such as 658.049 and the floor the book is on, follow the signs to find the book. Familiarise yourself with the general subject sections of the library depending on what you are studying. I think there are tutorials on the website.

Hope this helps a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Thanks :) I meant to go to loads of those talks but they were never on at a good time =/ I ended up only going to one that didn't really help me at all :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement