Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does anyone know where I go to get a student travel card on Campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 villainous

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I go to get a student travel card on Campus?

The SU office beside chill

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

http://youcallthissanity.blogspot.com/2011/02/everlasting-music-debate.html

A nice blog that could be dedicated to a few of you bullies in here! :P

I have had the same conversation too many times in the last few days so figured I should just write down my answer here at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I ripped down literally hundreds of posters / ads today in anticipation for this week.

Just overheard a conversation where a girl though the IRA were responsible for 9/11. Not even joking.*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

banquo wrote: »
    Just overheard a conversation where a girl though the IRA were responsible for 9/11. Not even joking.*

Whatcho talkin' 'bout, it was clearly the IRA. Clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Did Osama get a new recruit called Abdul Abhaile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Are you sure you didn't misheard that American support for the IRA diminished after 911?

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't misheard that American support for the IRA diminished after 911?

No, sadly. Poor girl was awful confused about the world in general.

http://youcallthissanity.blogspot.com/2011/02/everlasting-music-debate.html

A nice blog that could be dedicated to a few of you bullies in here! :P

I have had the same conversation too many times in the last few days so figured I should just write down my answer here at this stage :P

Nice read, It won't change my opinion but it was a good defence.

I will admit to not having listened to much of their first album however I have given 'Revenge'...as my g/f reliably informs me that fans call it...a few listens and I just don't get it. I will admit they can write a catchy single ( Helena, I'm not Okay etc) but after that it all just seems to fall apart and they don't know what kind of band they want to be.

The Black Parade is what I think they will always be remembered for no matter what else they do, it is easily their most accessible album (and again features strong singles before falling apart...with the exception of Sleep??..which is probably one of their best songs). It's unfortunate that every one and their dog seemed to jump on board with it and once that happens they are gonna become the band that people turn to to mock the whole genre. For me I think the reason why I disliked this apart from it being weak aside from the singles is the whole idea of it being a concept album, it was not a concept album and the songs just feel like a collection of songs which are slightly linked at a stretch.

The new cd again for me highlights what I don't like about them, yes it's good for them to change their appearance and their musical style but now they just seem like a band who is trying to cash in on another trend since the whole emo/scene thing has passed on. However while I don't like the cd I do find the whole concept idea behind this one to be intriguing and it could make a good comic series provided it is not written by Gerard Way ( I have read The Umbrella Academy).....or worse by Grant Morrison *shudder*.

So there is my reasons for disliking them, as for anyone who dislikes them because they dress in black and are considered an emo band...or anyone who thinks they tell their fans to commit suicide or harm themselves they are f*cking morons.

P.S They stole Alkaline Trio's fame. :D

• Advertisement

Nice read, It won't change my opinion but it was a good defence.

I will admit to not having listened to much of their first album however I have given 'Revenge'...as my g/f reliably informs me that fans call it...a few listens and I just don't get it. I will admit they can write a catchy single ( Helena, I'm not Okay etc) but after that it all just seems to fall apart and they don't know what kind of band they want to be.

The Black Parade is what I think they will always be remembered for no matter what else they do, it is easily their most accessible album (and again features strong singles before falling apart...with the exception of Sleep??..which is probably one of their best songs). It's unfortunate that every one and their dog seemed to jump on board with it and once that happens they are gonna become the band that people turn to to mock the whole genre. For me I think the reason why I disliked this apart from it being weak aside from the singles is the whole idea of it being a concept album, it was not a concept album and the songs just feel like a collection of songs which are slightly linked at a stretch.

The new cd again for me highlights what I don't like about them, yes it's good for them to change their appearance and their musical style but now they just seem like a band who is trying to cash in on another trend since the whole emo/scene thing has passed on. However while I don't like the cd I do find the whole concept idea behind this one to be intriguing and it could make a good comic series provided it is not written by Gerard Way ( I have read The Umbrella Academy).....or worse by Grant Morrison *shudder*.

So there is my reasons for disliking them, as for anyone who dislikes them because they dress in black and are considered an emo band...or anyone who thinks they tell their fans to commit suicide or harm themselves they are f*cking morons.

P.S They stole Alkaline Trio's fame. :D

While I obviously wouldn't I agree I will actually accept your opinion because you have managed to give a comprehensive reason for disliking the band, something not many can do! That's all I'm asking from people, to actually give a proper reason after listening to the band, not just judging them on what everyone else says!

That blog has gotten a surprisingly good reaction actually! People are actually taking what I say on board for once! :D

I just got so sick of the abuse that I decided that i needed to make my case heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Election Busy-ness warms my heart:)

(when I'm screaming at you all in two weeks, please don't mention this post)

That's all I'm asking from people, to actually give a proper reason after listening to the band, not just judging them on what everyone else says!

I think you expect too much of people....rabble, rabble and all that. They are popular, they must be bad. People being so closed minded that they criticize something before they know about it is the way of the world unfortunately.

I also think I rank behind Gerard Way and Frank Iero in my girlfriends eyes...thats another reason I hate them.:D

Since you seem to be in the know about the band I was wondering if you could answer a question...when they came out the other night in Ireland jerseys Frank's had the number 32 on the back...was that a concidence or some kind of statement about a united Ireland?

I think you expect too much of people....rabble, rabble and all that. They are popular, they must be bad. People being so closed minded that they criticize something before they know about it is the way of the world unfortunately.

I also think I rank behind Gerard Way and Frank Iero in my girlfriends eyes...thats another reason I hate them.:D

Since you seem to be in the know about the band I was wondering if you could answer a question...when they came out the other night in Ireland jerseys Frank's had the number 32 on the back...was that a concidence or some kind of statement about a united Ireland?

Lol I think my boyfriend feels the same way!

honestly, I couldn't tell you! I've never heard Frankie being particularly vocal about the Irish situation but that doesn't necessarily mean anything! I'll let you know if I do find out anything! :)

Lol I think my boyfriend feels the same way!

honestly, I couldn't tell you! I've never heard Frankie being particularly vocal about the Irish situation but that doesn't necessarily mean anything! I'll let you know if I do find out anything! :)

Thanks....just found it strange that the rest of the band featured fairly low numbers and to have one with 32 on it was fairly random.

Thanks....just found it strange that the rest of the band featured fairly low numbers and to have one with 32 on it was fairly random.

It certainly does seem like that could be a likely option!
    I did notice the number differences myself1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

PAC is so fricken confusing! :/

Starting to apply for postgrad courses now; I'm quite nervous for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My food today:
    2 Creme eggs for breakfast
    bowl of cereal for lunch
    packet of doritos for dinner
    currently making a chicken stir fry for supper

The diet of champions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

My food today:
    bowl of cereal for lunch

Hard boiled or scrambled?
    :pac:

I'll leave now...

My food today:
    bowl of cereal for lunch

There is no food on earth more disgusting than Creme Eggs.

None whatsoever.

• Advertisement

There is no food on earth more disgusting than Creme Eggs.

None.

:eek::eek::eek:

I live for creme egg season every year.
    Well, not really, but I do enjoy them :)

You caught me before my ninja edit! :P

The consistency of the gooey bit makes me feel sick, and they're just too sweet in general.

And also rank.

Too fast. :p

Nah, I think they're amazing.
    They are very sweet though, but they're small :)(just like me.. hahaha :pac:)
    As much as I love them, I once got a Creme Egg easter egg that came with a pack of SIX Creme Eggs! Had to give them away, almost got sick just looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

</friendship>

jubella wrote: »
    Too fast. :p

Nah, I think they're amazing.
    They are very sweet though, but they're small :)(just like me.. hahaha :pac:)
    As much as I love them, I once got a Creme Egg easter egg that came with a pack of SIX Creme Eggs! Had to give them away, almost got sick just looking at them.
    `

When I was a kid I wished the big egg was full of the filling...now that thought sickens me.

`

When I was a kid I wished the big egg was full of the filling...now that thought sickens me.

I think that was every kid's dream! How would you even go about eating that though?! With a spoon? Or just dive straight in? Yuck.

Duddy wrote: »
    </friendship>
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

PAC is so fricken confusing! :/

Starting to apply for postgrad courses now; I'm quite nervous for some reason!
    I just glanced at the site and it gave me a headache.

Apparently the university budget is going to be cut by 13% next year because "the IMF told them to" :rolleyes:

And Wal-Mart's profits are $405,000,000,000,000 a year. Development lectures make me angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Apparently the university budget is going to be cut by 13% next year because "the IMF told them to" :rolleyes:

And Wal-Mart's profits are $405,000,000,000,000 a year. Development lectures make me angry.

Colin Coulter is a *stop to take a sip of water from a strategically placed bottle of water* legend of a lecturer :D

Who else would show bits of Sopranos and Black Hawk Down in a lecture. Very interesting topics he talks about as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement