Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How so Joe wrote: »
    Never antagonise the Wicklow counters. They will start again from the very beginning, just to spite you!

They already have. Wicklow is never gonna get a seat elected at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The Trinity forum is nowhere near as good as this one ;__;

DON'T WANNA LEEEEEEEAVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

The Trinity forum is nowhere near as good as this one ;__;

DON'T WANNA LEEEEEEEAVE!

Then don't! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Stay in our warm, soft bosom!

Then don't! :p
    Duddy wrote: »
    Stay in our warm, soft bosom!

The postgrad course I want to do is there though :( And I woukln't mind a change of scenery... For indeed, Maynooth's bosom is very comfortable! :pac:

You can all find this post and quote it when I inevitably end up not getting into Trinners, and post on the Know Your Maynoothians 11/12 thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The postgrad course I want to do is there though :( And I woukln't mind a change of scenery... For indeed, Maynooth's bosom is very comfortable! :pac:

You can all find this post and quote it when I inevitably end up not getting into Trinners, and post on the Know Your Maynoothians 11/12 thread.

What course do you want to do?

I'm in my penultimate year here and I'm already gagging to do TCD's Music and Media Technology postgrad course :pac:

Hope y'all are prepared for 50+ posts tonight - I'm in the SU til 10:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

hanafin.jpg

Another NUIM Graduate goes on the dole.

El Pr0n wrote: »
    What course do you want to do?

I'm in my penultimate year here and I'm already gagging to do TCD's Music and Media Technology postgrad course :pac:
    Gender and Women's Studies or Popular Literature :)

I rrrreeeeaaalllyyy need to start my sociology thesis -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good speech by Banquo this morning about his policies...1 card to do everything sounds like a good idea...just a shame you had to go and ruin it all by getting the day wrong...who wants a student president who cannot remember what day of the week it is.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ha! What did I say?

Getting home from campaigning at 3am and then up for more campaigning at 7:30am will do that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good speech by Banquo this morning about his policies...1 card to do everything sounds like a good idea...just a shame you had to go and ruin it all by getting the day wrong...who wants a student president who cannot remember what day of the week it is.:D
    Used to work in an office where your ID card also gave you access to various buildings, and acted as a card you could top up with cash. It worked in all the vending machines, the canteens and any tills in the place. Great stuff. Was that sort of what he was on about?

There's a mental amount of people on here for this time of day.
    Currently Active Users
    26 (13 members & 13 guests)

banquo wrote: »
    Ha! What did I say?

Getting home from campaigning at 3am and then up for more campaigning at 7:30am will do that :pac:

Hehe...It's Tuesday today, not Monday...I think:confused:...Don't worry it was a 9 a.m lecture so I doubt anyone noticed...I wouldn't have copped it til I heard someone behind me mention it...best of luck with the campaign though.

mickstupp wrote: »
    Used to work in an office where your ID card also gave you access to various buildings, and acted as a card you could top up with cash. It worked in all the vending machines, the canteens and any tills in the place. Great stuff. Was that sort of what he was on about?

Yeah thats pretty much the idea, your student card will get you into the library, you will be able to put it credit on it for printing and canteen use etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Quote of the day

2nd year Economics student discussing the Irish economy: "Why can't they just print more money?"

Give that man a 1st.

*sleeps forever*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

irish_goat wrote: »
    Quote of the day

2nd year Economics student discussing the Irish economy: "Why can't they just print more money?"

Give that man a 1st.

Well it worked for Zimbabwe, oh wait. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

68508224 wrote: »
    Hey sorry to hijack thread.. but does anyone know if you can do end of semester exams without a student card? lost mine..raging:mad:

I invigilate exams, and indeed you can. You'll have to fill out a form (takes about 25 seconds) in the middle of each exam though, which can be an annoying disturbance if you're stressed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Ryanair won't let me go to Scotland without a passport. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

@TurtyTurd - you're relatively new to Maynooth right? Someone promises that every year. Then they get into office and discover it can't be done.

• Advertisement

CnaG wrote: »
    @TurtyTurd - you're relatively new to Maynooth right? Someone promises that every year. Then they get into office and discover it can't be done.

Totally can.

Edit: further detail at hustings.

Yeah...1st year...don't ruin my ideal view of the college political system.;)

And if someone could combine the travel card with the student card I would vote them actual president (cushy job, all you have to do is wave at people and make politically incorrect comments)....and if they could combine that with my laser card and my bus ticket....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What is that smell in the village? It's wafted onto campus now, smells like gone off cheese *shudders*

Bring back the nitelink!!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Bring back the nitelink!!
    :D

I've already seen this on a few manifestos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What is that smell in the village? It's wafted onto campus now, smells like gone off cheese *shudders*

I thought I was going crazy just! There's a serious smell of rotting compost/**** around Cluain Aoibhinn.

It's everywhere! Disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Troll of the day time,the smell is Aine Brady clearing out her constituency office.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

banquo wrote: »
    Totally can.

Edit: further detail at hustings.

Rob dearest, the university already have plans of their own to bring it in. Timeline is two years.

Was this card not in your maifesto last year also?? :P

• Advertisement

ash xxx wrote: »
    Rob dearest, the university already have plans of their own to bring it in. Timeline is two years.

Was this card not in your maifesto last year also?? :P

*taps part about hustings*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement