Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

banquo wrote: »
    *taps part about hustings*

The university are doing this themselves though.

Do you have your manifesto up anywhere so I can read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

CnaG wrote: »
    @TurtyTurd - you're relatively new to Maynooth right? Someone promises that every year. Then they get into office and discover it can't be done.

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Just saw the email from the SU there. Was the referendum to adopt the 2011 version of the constitution not already run? Why is it being held again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just saw the email from the SU there. Was the referendum to adopt the 2011 version of the constitution not already run? Why is it being held again?

They didn't reach the quota afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

They didn't reach the quota afaik

Yeah in order for a Referendum to pass it needs 15% of the Student body to vote on it.

I dont remember the exact numbers that voted...I think it was 100/200 off quorm...but a massive 93% of those that did vote voted in favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Finished handbook - now to convince printers to print it. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

1)An bhfuil suim ag einne páirt a ghlacadh san imeachtaí atá eagraithe ag an Chuallacht i rith Seachtain na Gaeilge??? (an tseachtain seo chugainn)
    Má tá seol ríomhphost chugam ag cuallacht@nuimsu.com

2) Bhfuil an damhsa " An Dreoilín" ar eolas ag einne?? Tá daoine ag teastal chun rud iontach-mhaith a dhéanamh!! Seol ríomhphost chugam ag johnlydon365@gmail.comcuallacht@nuimsu.com!!

GRMA.

*English Version*
    Anyone up for taking part in the Seachtain na Gaeilge activities next week??? Oh and if you know the dance "An Dreoilín" (Gaeltacht thing) then send us an email!! Cuallacht@nuimsu.com!!
    -Thanks.

1)An bhfuil suim ag einne páirt a ghlacadh san imeachtaí atá eagraithe ag an Chuallacht i rith Seachtain na Gaeilge??? (an tseachtain seo chugainn)
    Má tá seol ríomhphost chugam ag cuallacht@nuimsu.com

2) Bhfuil an damhsa " An Dreoilín" ar eolas ag einne?? Tá daoine ag teastal chun rud iontach-mhaith a dhéanamh!! Seol ríomhphost chugam ag johnlydon365@gmail.comcuallacht@nuimsu.com!!

GRMA.

*English Version*
    Anyone up for taking part in the Seachtain na Gaeilge activities next week??? Oh and if you know the dance "An Dreoilín" (Gaeltacht thing) then send us an email!! Cuallacht@nuimsu.com!!
    -Thanks.

What kind of stuff we talking?!

And I think I do actually remember that dance! Still have the song on my phone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

What kind of stuff we talking?!

And I think I do actually remember that dance! Still have the song on my phone! :D

Uber-rúnda stuff!! Ah no, Ceilí in the SU on Monday night! Which will be epic, geallaim díobh! Movie night in Seomra na Gaeilge (Which is in the Arts Block beside bewleys and open all the time!), Lá Gan Bearla, Bál na Gaeilge, srl srl!! It will be a great week and all the information is on the Cuallacht page http://goo.gl/zisiS! If you know the dance then send me an e-mail with your name and prepare to be involved in something incredible.

Uber-rúnda stuff!! Ah no, Ceilí in the SU on Monday night! Which will be epic, geallaim díobh! Movie night in Seomra na Gaeilge (Which is in the Arts Block beside bewleys and open all the time!), Lá Gan Bearla, Bál na Gaeilge, srl srl!! It will be a great week and all the information is on the Cuallacht page http://goo.gl/zisiS! If you know the dance then send me an e-mail with your name and prepare to be involved in something incredible.

Is Take Me Out not on in the SU that night?!

Yea sure I'll email you and think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hey guys, I'm like semi-recovered! I got a doctor's note for last Tuesday until Monday, do you reckon I could ask for a bit of an extension on my maths assignment? (Came out last friday, was due today but I'm still essentially dead)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Hey guys, I'm like semi-recovered! I got a doctor's note for last Tuesday until Monday, do you reckon I could ask for a bit of an extension on my maths assignment? (Came out last friday, was due today but I'm still essentially dead)

You should be fine with the doctor's note. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

There are some benefits to being stuck in bed since Wednesday...friends bringing me flowers, family buying me chocolate and sitting talking to me to keep me occupied!

Still very bored of being sick!

kellief wrote: »
    There are some benefits to being stuck in bed since Wednesday...friends bringing me flowers, family buying me chocolate and sitting talking to me to keep me occupied!

Still very bored of being sick!

That's sounds lovely, I'm sick and all alone till tomorrow night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

*hugs* kellief and squishykins, hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Thinking of getting a new phone, is there anything tricky about getting NUIM Wireless to work on an Android phone? Those super cheap Samsung Europa jobs look pretty good, if I can use email and Facebook without bringing a laptop in or going to a PACR...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a new phone, is there anything tricky about getting NUIM Wireless to work on an Android phone? Those super cheap Samsung Europa jobs look pretty good, if I can use email and Facebook without bringing a laptop in or going to a PACR...

Nope, should be the same as a laptop - Just open the browser on your phone and go to a page and it should redirect you to the login page!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Since this is a thread for general discussion I figure it's okay to change the subject :P

I have been applying for internships at a couple of places like Deloitte and PWC. One thing that I've had a hard time finding information about is whether or not they are paid, and in that case how much (on average)? Anyone had an internship at any of those places? I'm just curious, I know internships in general are not something you do for money but experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

jubella wrote: »
    Nope, should be the same as a laptop - Just open the browser on your phone and go to a page and it should redirect you to the login page!

But most of the Android stuff is done through apps, like instead of going to facebook.com you open up a facebook app that's all self-contained.

Wendero wrote: »
    Since this is a thread for general discussion I figure it's okay to change the subject :P

I have been applying for internships at a couple of places like Deloitte and PWC. One thing that I've had a hard time finding information about is whether or not they are paid, and in that case how much (on average)? Anyone had an internship at any of those places? I'm just curious, I know internships in general are not something you do for money but experience.

Have a look over in the accountancy forum, there are loads of threads over there about internships in the Big 4... From reading what other people have said, they are paid.

• Advertisement

But most of the Android stuff is done through apps, like instead of going to facebook.com you open up a facebook app that's all self-contained.

You'd have to open the browser first and log in, then after you've logged in you should have no problem using the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

I will. Sorry about the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to look. I'm not applying for an accounting position though, but I imagine they are paid the same (I applied for Risk management and corporate finance).

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

You'll have some issues with apps that insist on using ports that have been blocked (Downloading apps from Market on campus or using the Google Chat client are hit and miss)

Once your logged in on the wifi, Facebook and Gmail apps work fine, as do most others.
    If your like me and organize your life in Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs and maps), Android is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I don't think they are all that straight forward...my ipod or phone won't connect for some reason :confused: ...although it's a Nokia E 63, so not an android phone.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don't think they are all that straight forward...my ipod or phone won't connect for some reason :confused: ...although it's a Nokia E 63, so not an android phone.

Well other than the way I do it, I wouldn't have a clue, sorry! :o
    (also, I had a non-android smartphone before the one I have now and it worked the exact same way)
    I wonder why it doesn't work on your ipod though, it works fine on mine, and I didn't have to do anything special to get it working :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well other than the way I do it, I wouldn't have a clue, sorry! :o
    (also, I had a non-android smartphone before the one I have now and it worked the exact same way)
    I wonder why it doesn't work on your ipod though, it works fine on mine, and I didn't have to do anything special to get it working :confused:

Strange...although probably good not to have the distraction of an internet connection during lectures.

I was getting a bit ahead of myself and looking at next years timetable trying to sort out which modules I would be interested in and one of them has two timetable slots a week despite it only having 12 hours per semester...is this the same lecture being done twice a week to allow for large numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Am I the only one that feels more like studying on days like today?

Probably.

I didn't sleep last night cuz I was up doing my music essay all night. It was supposed to be 1500 words. I had to hand it in there and it's 942, the majority of which is bull. I just couldn't think of any more to write...Will it even be looked at or am I sure to fail? :(

Daemos wrote: »
    Am I the only one that feels more like studying on days like today?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Lovely all Student Email
    Dear Student,

It has come to our attention that a number of serious cyber bullying incidents have occurred at NUI Maynooth recently. Examples include students impersonating other students online and posting offensive content in their name. These incidents cause grave offence to affected students and all recipients and are clearly a breach of University policies.

Is this in response to all the mucking about on moodle that I've heard so much about?

(Also as an aside, can we please stop using the word "Cyber")

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement