Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Geography assignment done with 4 days to spare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I didn't sleep last night cuz I was up doing my music essay all night. It was supposed to be 1500 words. I had to hand it in there and it's 942, the majority of which is bull. I just couldn't think of any more to write...Will it even be looked at or am I sure to fail? :(

I don't think they'd write off any student's work like that. I've had similar scenarios, though in different subjects. I handed up a vile piece of History essay last semester, which was about 1300 words out of a maximum of 2000. I got a 2.1 in it, to my shock. I also handed up a 1500-word essay in English out of a 2000 maximum, and I somehow managed a First. My realisation was that the maximum wordcount is a restriction, not a target. As long as you don't go over it, as long as the essay you've written contains a whole argument, and referenced properly, they'll judge it on those merits. I've also found that on those horrible pre-deadline nights, you can no longer see the virtues of what you've written. It's probably a lot better than you think it is.

You're in First Music? Someone on my course who also does Music was complaining about the assignment that was due. Very similar to what you said, actually, and he was really happy to be rid of it. Good luck with it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Lovely all Student Email

Is this in response to all the mucking about on moodle that I've heard so much about?

(Also as an aside, can we please stop using the word "Cyber")

That's exactly what it was. I was warned personally that this email was going out. in fact it's kind of due to what happened to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What happened? If it's ok to discuss it that is.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What happened? If it's ok to discuss it that is.

Basically I got moodle raped months ago and then at the beginning of this semester was hauled in front of the head of my dept and then the deputy president about it as was the person who did it after I was forced to give their name

It's all sorted now thogh

• Advertisement

Pretty awful, glad it's sorted though.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Pretty awful, glad it's sorted though.

You don't know the half of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Any Maynoothians using their phones on 3? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Ballot Papers are designed - oh teh excitmentsz0rs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

A Changer wrote: »
    I don't think they'd write off any student's work like that. I've had similar scenarios, though in different subjects. I handed up a vile piece of History essay last semester, which was about 1300 words out of a maximum of 2000. I got a 2.1 in it, to my shock. I also handed up a 1500-word essay in English out of a 2000 maximum, and I somehow managed a First. My realisation was that the maximum wordcount is a restriction, not a target. As long as you don't go over it, as long as the essay you've written contains a whole argument, and referenced properly, they'll judge it on those merits. I've also found that on those horrible pre-deadline nights, you can no longer see the virtues of what you've written. It's probably a lot better than you think it is.

You're in First Music? Someone on my course who also does Music was complaining about the assignment that was due. Very similar to what you said, actually, and he was really happy to be rid of it. Good luck with it!

Oh, 1500 wasn't the maximum wordcount, we were told we could be 10% under or over it, so that'd be 1350 minimum. I talked to the lecturer yesterday and she said she will look at it, but I'll be marked really low for it. Which considering it's already a load of bull, ain't good...
    Basically I got moodle raped months ago and then at the beginning of this semester was hauled in front of the head of my dept and then the deputy president about it as was the person who did it after I was forced to give their name

It's all sorted now thogh

Yeah something similar happened to a friend of mine 2 weeks ago me thinks, someone wrote something through his name about being horny and wanting some german love or something...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

just read rob's leaflet.

Did the university actually say the new library would be open 24/7?

I don't know about 24/7 but they could really do with opening later on fridays and saturdays.

24/7 Would be perfect for those last minute "fuuuuuuuuuck!" essays that some people (i.e. Me!) have :P go Rob! :P Everyone voted yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Everyone voted yet? :D

Yep! Couldn't believe that there were long queues there most of the day when I went to check if there were queues.. but once you were in it, it moved fast.. fast card checking, super quick stamping.. then i tried to take the lid off the ballot box cos I couldn't find the slot.. Scarlet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Anyone know where APT is? I've got a physics lecture there in the morning...

I'm not just a dickhead btw, it isn't on the maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Its in the Residence Office beside the River Apartments:)
    Around 2/3 on the map, although it doesn't say
    Awful room...

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Duddy wrote: »
    Its in the Residence Office beside the River Apartments

To clarify, he mean the river apartments reception, the small building at one end of the apartments, entrance is at the side of the road
    (The residence office is in student services building)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Very interesting 15 mins in Mizonni's tonight.....that's all I'll say!

You cannot just say that.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

VERY true!

• Advertisement

VERY true!

well this is just mean!

OMG did you guys hear what happened in Mizzoni's??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Anyone know where APT is? I've got a physics lecture there in the morning...

I'm not just a dickhead btw, it isn't on the maps!

That wasn't at 11 by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

MoyVilla9 wrote: »

It's in the reception for the river apartments

MoyVilla9 wrote: »

Nah, I was in 9 - 11. MP205.

Rob mentioned my name in his interview with the student observer, life = complete =D :P

We'll work on the pronunciation Rob, but I'm proud of ye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

What happened in Mizzonis?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Sh*t went down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

What happened?

• Advertisement

I heard they made pizza. With cheese.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement