Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Nah, I was in 9 - 11. MP205.

Ah, I was in there at 11. You probably noticed us, if I remember rightly one clown kept opening the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I gave Rob a drunken congratulatory handshake in Supermacs last night. Think I spoke absolute ****e to him but I'm sure the fact that I was wearing a suit made it sound so much classier. I love wearing suits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

ALWAYYYYS I WANNA BE WITH YOUUUU, AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOUUU AND LIVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY OH LOVE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

ALWAYYYYS I WANNA BE WITH YOUUUU, AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOUUU AND LIVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY OH LOVE!!

*tries to remember where I recall those lyrics from*

*tries again*

*and again*

*remembers*

*spends whole afternoon playing Robot Unicorn Attack*

memes-those-little-things-that-annoy-you.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Nice to be back.

Horrible weather today isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Anyone ever notice this?

The lamps outside the Library are Dublin corporation lamposts. Never spotted them outside the capital before, bizarre. Only noticed the capital crest on them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

For me, literally the absolute worst thing about my entire college experience has been writing essays. Hate is too mild a word for how I feel about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

mickstupp wrote: »
    For me, literally the absolute worst thing about my entire college experience has been writing essays. Hate is too mild a word for how I feel about them.

Try a dissertation... several essays rolled into one.. absolute hell!

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    Try a dissertation... several essays rolled into one.. absolute hell!
    These are a couple of 3k's with a 5k to follow shortly. My problem is how much time they suck up. I'm slooooooooooooow at writing.

• Advertisement

These are a couple of 3k's with a 5k to follow shortly. My problem is how much time they suck up. I'm slooooooooooooow at writing.

I've got the 12K dissertation due in less than two weeks (I've only 2500 badly written words done so far :( ), followed by all the other essays I've been neglecting trying to finish this whopper one.

Mm, ditto :( I can research forever, but it's so hard to put it all together into a coherent, semi-intelligent essay! A guy in my class used to pay people to write essays for him.. I can see why!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I must be the only person that likes doing essays. I wish we had more of them tbh. Have the thesis this year and I love doing it. Everything's a bit of a rush but it's not too bad writing it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Am i the only final year student not overly stressed with study week?Everything is manageable if you give yourself enough time to do it. Or in my case too much time. You do not need 8 weeks (including the two study weeks) to study 3 subjects:p.

I've got the 12K dissertation due in less than two weeks (I've only 2500 badly written words done so far :( ), followed by all the other essays I've been neglecting trying to finish this whopper one.

Mm, ditto :( I can research forever, but it's so hard to put it all together into a coherent, semi-intelligent essay! A guy in my class used to pay people to write essays for him.. I can see why!
    Ah that's awful! I love the research, and I love the end polishing, it's all the bits in between I hate, the physical putting things on paper, organising it into something coherent. As for that guy paying people... even if I had the money... I'd feel like I was making a lie out of my degree :confused:

Ah that's awful! I love the research, and I love the end polishing, it's all the bits in between I hate, the physical putting things on paper, organising it into something coherent. As for that guy paying people... even if I had the money... I'd feel like I was making a lie out of my degree :confused:

Oh, me too, it's the research bit I like.. but just putting it together is the hard part!

Mm, he never wrote an essay before this year and hardly ever turns up to class, getting others to sign him for attendance.. it's actually unreal. It's annoying, because we're all working really hard to get our work done and come to class every week and then there's this messer who scrapes through every year and will have a degree just like us at the end, despite doing the bare minumum, not even that :(

Oh, me too, it's the research bit I like.. but just putting it together is the hard part!

Mm, he never wrote an essay before this year and hardly ever turns up to class, getting others to sign him for attendance.. it's actually unreal. It's annoying, because we're all working really hard to get our work done and come to class every week and then there's this messer who scrapes through every year and will have a degree just like us at the end, despite doing the bare minumum, not even that :(
    I know someone like that too. It's quite annoying.

The white hot chocolates in Chill aren't as nice as I thought they'd be ;__; they're very sweet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

College-e1298880176359.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

From personal experience, it's completely possible to do without the bottom right corner for final year.

Have at 'em etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Anyone got any tips for tomorrow?
    Had a very lucky day today!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

declan06 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for tomorrow?
    Had a very lucky day today!

Keep your winnings, you won't have two lucky days. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

irish_goat wrote: »
    College-e1298880176359.jpg

Actually, I think I did without the bottom half of that triangle in my final year. I wouldn't recommend. Not even first class honours can beat sleep-deprivation and depression.

I think I'm dying. GO AWAY FLU!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

happy paddys day maynooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Film night in new Arts Centre on Coates Lane tonight, Irish one for Paddy's Day, hope it's Darby O'Gill and The Little People od The Quiet Man(best fight scene eva!!!!). Great idea, well done lads ;)
    Happy Paddy's Day all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I remember going to see Darby O'Gill in a cinema in Fairview when I was about 4 or 5. Such awful ****e but enjoyable nonetheless, some might say it was Sean Connery's finest role :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Damn you MU221 and your awkward 30% essays...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

INTERNET, GLORIOUS GLORIOUS INTERNET.

*looks at lolcats*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I don't know if it's a bad/good thing to be at the library before it opens on a Saturday morning....

kellief wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a bad/good thing to be at the library before it opens on a Saturday morning....

It's a good thing... I just about dragged myself down to the kitchen table to open a book.. I don't think I've ever had as much work to do in my life :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It's a good thing... I just about dragged myself down to the kitchen table to open a book.. I don't think I've ever had as much work to do in my life :(

Hopefully, I'm starting to catch up on notes which is a plus! I've also finished my book. Only four more to read!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement