Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Damn you MU221 and your awkward 30% essays...

I hate this assignment so much, I love the history part but analysis does my head in.

And I couldnt even read the recommended reading book on reserve in the library because I have a fine...ugh.

I remember at the start of the year I was so frickin happy that the listening exam was worth more than the essay, then he had to go and change the percentages!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

wonton wrote: »
    I hate this assignment so much, I love the history part but anaysis does my head in.

And I couldnt even read the recommended reading book on reserve in the library because I have a fine...ugh.

I remember at the start of the year I was so frickin happy that the listening exam was worth more than the essay, then he had to go and change the percentages!

I don't have the Norton Anthology that you need for the first half of the question, I've got the second half done and I've started looking at Josquin Desprez's piece but I won't be able to get the book till Monday so I'll have to hand the essay in on Tuesday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

What's the module?

What's the module?

music history- early music

I passed the equivalent back when I was in your class in first year, it was so much easier.

oh that sucks not having the book, ah well it'll only be minus five percent, not the end of the world, plus the listening test will be easy enough if you put some effort in

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

#Ireland #sixnations #winning

Very enjoyable game!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

#Ireland #sixnations #winning

Very enjoyable game!

:D

what a match! that's made me happy for the rest of the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Nothing beats beating the English in rugby.

Except maybe beating a Grand Slam hunting English team. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Study week really should be called Don't Study week. Then I might actually do some work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

completely agree with you. I'm in final year and i've done nothing this week.:(

Same as me so. You think we'd have more sense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

you'd definitely think so alright. I know what needs to be done (which is a lot) just finding it so hard to motivate myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Inc.

I'm so excited I found this section.
    Next year I'm probably (if everything goes according to plan) gonna study at the NUI Maynooth (erasmus student).
    So I pretty much just searched this to find out more informal things about the uni :)
    this looks like a great place to learn some new stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Where you hailing from? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Nothing beats working at the match that English lost in. Especially when they come out to you afterwards trying to get sympathy and you break it to em that you're only delira for em :P

banquo wrote: »
    Where you hailing from? :)

Slovenia (small country next to Italy). :)

and we have now beaten them the last time we played them in rugby, soccer and cricket, they need to go invent a new sport so we can kick their ass at that too.

oh and hello to you slovenian eramus person, what are you coming over to study?

heya.

I'm gonna study anthropology.
    it's my second year here, so I'm really looking forward to see how different our programmes are.

Inc. wrote: »
    heya.

I'm gonna study anthropology.
    it's my second year here, so I'm really looking forward to see how different our programmes are.

hahaha I just knew it would be antropology, there is a thread about antrolpolgy as you have probably seen, whether or not it gives much insight i'm not sure but it certainly introduces you to one of irelands national past times, complaining about stuff.

have you checked the nuim website to get info on the modules?

I was going to link you to the course section on the website which has the module guides but it seems to not be working right now, sorry.

wonton wrote: »
    hahaha I just knew it would be antropology, there is a thread about antrolpolgy as you have probably seen, whether or not it gives much insight i'm not sure but it certainly introduces you to one of irelands national past times, complaining about stuff.

how did ya know it was gonna be anthropology? =D
    and yeah, I saw the thread and I know I kinda felt that way too when it was my first year of study. things were so boring, but it got much better in second year :)

I was going to link you to the course section on the website which has the module guides but it seems to not be working right now, sorry.
    ah that's too bad, but thank you anyway :)
    I already kinda got the idea what subjects there are about, and (to me at least) stuff seems more interesting than it's here.

So how is everyone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm good, Your Text Here =D How are you?

That's good! I'm not so bad, just procrastinating from doing my Irish Studies essay -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

WTF is this 'Friday' song? Is it a joke? I'm gonna write a song about the numbers 1 to 4 and see how many hits it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm in the mood to go mental...Do you think anyone would mind if I started drinking in choir?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Fire alarm going off in the Arts Block and nobody moving. Don't you just love people? :D

WTF is this 'Friday' song? Is it a joke? I'm gonna write a song about the numbers 1 to 4 and see how many hits it gets.
    I heard that song on the radio this morning -___-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What's the story with the computers in the SU shop in the Arts block? I bought one of the 100 unit printing cards, I've gone in there 4 times to print assignments off from the computers and 2 of the times the computers haven't been able to connect to the network. So I spent a fiver on a printing card that I can't use half the time? I've had to go to the library and buy a new printing card for their printers. Then when I asked the woman there about the computers not working again, she hasn't a clue what's going on with them.

Rebbeca's part is a joke,but the rappers part is pure excellence.

"R-B, Rebecca Black
    So chillin' in the front seat (In the front seat)
    In the back seat (In the back seat)
    I'm drivin', cruisin' (Yeah, yeah)
    Fast lanes, switchin' lanes

Wit' a car up on my side (Woo!)
    (C'mon) Passin' by is a school bus in front of me
    Makes tick tock, tick tock, wanna scream
    Check my time, it's Friday, it's a weekend
    We gonna have fun, c'mon, c'mon, y'all "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

This version is much better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Don't ya love those days spent slowly, painfully, working on an essay? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement