Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I know it's a bit early, but is Iontas Foyer literally the foyer of Iontas for the exams?
    Someone was asking me and I'd no idea? :D

Aye, I assume so. Definitely be able to fit a few desks in there, it's pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The black vending machine in the arts block keeps its chocolate bars a little bit warm...

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

made my weekend.
    what with it being friday and all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Alt_Grrr wrote: »

made my weekend.

I am loving how serious Rob's face is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

made my weekend.

Bahahahahaha.

Amazing! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Aye, I assume so. Definitely be able to fit a few desks in there, it's pretty big.

I suppose so, it just seemed like a really random place for an exam centre like? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I suppose so, it just seemed like a really random place for an exam centre like? :D

They'll have to disable the automatic doors. Dunno what they're gonna do about the enormous amount of completely see through windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

And the staff members? Will they evacuate through the windows for 2 weeks? Seems strange, haven't been talking to any one from exams but if I do I'll post the gossip.

mp3guy wrote: »
    They'll have to disable the automatic doors. Dunno what they're gonna do about the enormous amount of completely see through windows.

That's what I was thinking.. and if it's actually sunny?
    Sun + Lots of Glass + EXAMS = Bad idea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    And the staff members? Will they evacuate through the windows for 2 weeks?

There's a second door on swipe at the car park end of the building, so they'll be still able to access the building that way I'd say.

I'm not sure the foyer of a building is the ideal place for examinations, but once again the university seems to be running low on places on campus to hold them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I've just been handed a tray of a dozen Rice Krispie buns. Mmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

We need a cornetto soft machine in the Arts Block.
    Mmmmn Cornetto Soft.
    211306_p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Bb major, two octaves... Cans with my mates outside... Bb major, two octaves... Cans with my mates...

**** you MU253 :(

I was just wondering does anybody know if there's still tickets goign for this, I've been debating whether I'll go or not?

Anyone else here going?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Tickets are on sale all this week in the Arts Block, look out for the GORGEOUS guy handing out flyers >_>

Haha, one of the only Fridays I happen to be beck in Sligo and something like this happens :P

I really wish I could play the piano!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

So does Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Why's he wearing like an apron??

Music listening exam today, I'm SO ready to fail! :D (drugged up so that I can breathe, not a care in the world =D)

Why's he wearing like an apron??

Music listening exam today, I'm SO ready to fail! :D (drugged up so that I can breathe, not a care in the world =D)

He's wearing a dress. Was part of the deal

Oooohhhh I see it now :P Bet that was so planned to look like an apron :P

• Advertisement

Oooohhhh I see it now :P Bet that was so planned to look like an apron :P

Nah didn't look like one there :P

So I'm assuming this is a weekly thing now?? What's Rob doing this week??? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

For some bizarre and inexplicable reason, the idea of writing a personal statement for an MA application is more terrifying than sitting my exams. It's not quite as terrifying as writing these essays that are due soon... but it's close. Odd. :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Great craic had at the people auction in the SU last night (in aid of MS Ireland).

Can anyone confirm if I actually bought someone? I didn't understand all the Irish they were speaking and was just shouting out numbers that my Irish speaking friend was saying to me. Apparently I owe €47... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

"No Mrs Jehovah's witness woman I don't want to talk to you as I have to wash out my ears for the third time to get rid of the jelly from last night!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

mickstupp wrote: »
    For some bizarre and inexplicable reason, the idea of writing a personal statement for an MA application is more terrifying than sitting my exams. It's not quite as terrifying as writing these essays that are due soon... but it's close. Odd. :confused:

Pop into the careers office and they'll give you a sheet with tips on how to write it, when you're finished you can get them to proof it and give you feedback on it:)

(did it myself yesterday, they were super)

So does Rob.

oh he gon' need some lotion for dat burrrrrn!!
    Duddy wrote: »
    Pop into the careers office and they'll give you a sheet with tips on how to write it, when you're finished you can get them to proof it and give you feedback on it:)

Thanks for the tip laav!

/heads to careers office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Duddy wrote: »

Many thanks! Never even occurred to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I wish all exams could be listening exams, I love them.

I love me some baroque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Pulled a muscle in my back. Can't quite stand or sit, but am stuck in a semi-crouching position. Had a bowl of Coco Pops in the most unusual standing position this morning.

Just had a very interesting trip to the local pharmacy, walking back like a ninja trying to sneak up a main road in broad daylight at about two miles an hour, and aware of the rain but clearly uninterested in trying to put up my hood. Twisted grin on my face the entire time. Surreal as flip.

Taking off my shoes? Challenge accepted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement