Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭mp3guy

<3

They set the bar high with this track - http://www.last.fm/affiliate/byid/9/99504437/4/trackpage/1256407857

And really haven't lived up to it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I don't know about that now... Their album is very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

wonton wrote: »
    Its not how it was always marked, nor is it consistent in all the modules, as you can get more marks in some of the listening exams.

but the class was not told, and the worst part is that you could get more than 72/72 by writing "extra information" which of course not many people tried to do because the class wasnt told.

We're not allowed name lecturers on here are we? I'd be interested to know who's in charge of that module...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

<3

Their drummer has a tattoo of their logo? :pac:

And, recorded by Rocky O'Reilly, deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

wonton wrote: »
    Its not how it was always marked, nor is it consistent in all the modules, as you can get more marks in some of the listening exams.

but the class was not told, and the worst part is that you could get more than 72/72 by writing "extra information" which of course not many people tried to do because the class wasnt told.

Thats crazy, its bad enough losing the 28% but the fact that you could of made it up and werent told is just a bit too far now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

In arts block. And only 95 short minutes until work.

*doodles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Pure epicness!

You really wouldn't think I'd a Calculus exam tomorrow??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Soooo it's 14 hours till my first exam and I've yet to start studying...this procrastination malarkey is getting a little out of hand, I still can't get up the emotion to care that my August is bolloxed!

Anybody care to move my desk to a position where I can see right into the smartest person's exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I hate the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

The worst is about an hour and a half before the exam where you know you should be cramming but you just can't be aaaaarsed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Soooo it's 14 hours till my first exam and I've yet to start studying...this procrastination malarkey is getting a little out of hand, I still can't get up the emotion to care that my August is bolloxed!

Anybody care to move my desk to a position where I can see right into the smartest person's exam?

I'm feeling the exact same right now

Wtf is wrong with me?! I think my brain has just given up despite the fact that it hasn't even done been used yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

1303951246130_f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Was walking up to my maths exam in Loftus this morning, feeling depressed, and as I get to Callan Hall this comes on my iPod:

images_50.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Was walking up to my maths exam in Loftus this morning, feeling depressed, and as I get to Callan Hall this comes on my iPod:

images_50.jpg

Epic!
    That just gave me the motivation I have needed all day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    two exams left. currently cramming exp physics. i am never, EVER, leaving everything until the last minute again :cool:

well, i was wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Normally I have oxegen.ie articles going into my spam folder but I thought this was funny:
    University student , Melvin, 19, has deceived peers by joining in the pre-exam panic by stating that he didn’t do any study, and instead stayed up all night using Facebook and watching funny videos on Youtube rather than studying for his second year Business exam.

While panic ensued just minutes before the exam, worried students swapped tall tales of how little work they’d done, and how they were definitely going to fail the exam and have to do repeats. The exam hall was turned into a house of lies as one student after another claimed to be “so ****ed for this it’s not even funny” and “going on the beer straight afterwards to drown me sorrows”

Rather unfunny jokes were also doing the rounds, such as “Sure the real exams are in August anyway!” and “Ah I’ll just drop out and become a prostitute”.

When the exam finally began, Melvin proceeded to write furiously for three hours, asking on two occasions for more paper and at one stage engaging in a discussion with the lecturer. Other students looked on in despair at a man who had evidently studied his arse off and then lied about it.

It’s thought that most of the students did actually study for the exam, and probably did just fine and will pass comfortably, despite the worried glances exchanged across the exam hall and the negative reports afterwards.

Nobody went on the beer afterwards either.

Bunch of dorks.

Mark Walsh

http://www.oxygen.ie/student_claims_not_to_have_studied_for_exam_he_did_study_for.PAGE4263.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Bunch of dorks. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Was walking up to my maths exam in Loftus this morning, feeling depressed, and as I get to Callan Hall this comes on my iPod

I've been relying on Phil Collins to keep my spirits up.

There'll be no one there to guide you,
    No one to take your hand...
    But with faith and understanding,
    You will pass all of your exams!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've a vague memory of an email (since deleted) saying parking permits weren't required during exams... anyone know if that was me imagining things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

No, you're not imagining things! You don't need one during exams :)

• Advertisement

Apparently there's been a bomb scare in Maynooth this evening.. any info about this anyone? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'd say cancel the visit but we've no doubt wasted millions on culchie garda overtime so why bother.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'd say cancel the visit but we've no doubt wasted millions on culchie garda overtime so why bother.

When I was on the M50/N4 driving here we counted at least 25 guards just standing on/under random bridges..

Do people actually care that much about the queen? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Apparently there's been a bomb scare in Maynooth this evening.. any info about this anyone? :confused:

The word on Facebook is in the 67 bus bay opposite the Glenroyal, on a Bus Eireann bus.. gardaí everywhere apparently!

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    The word on Facebook is in the 67 bus bay opposite the Glenroyal, on a Bus Eireann bus.. gardaí everywhere apparently!

I'd heard a 66 between Bradys and Tesco.. it's insane! :confused: :eek: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

The army is on the scene...

The army is on the scene...

Really?

When did this happen, just I only heard about it a bit ago?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

That blur is the Army EOD truck. There are 3 armed sentrys knocking around as well as gardai (both plain clothesed and uniform). In the bus bay opposite the glenrlyal is a bus eireann coach)

just been ordered to leave supervalu car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

That blur is the Army EOD truck
    :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Benefit to tourism eh? I wonder when her aides tell her about these bomb threats will she spare a thought for the poor kids she sends of to Afghanistan every year who have to deal with IEDs on a daily basis? Nah, lolz, course she won't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement