Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

142 people viewing this forum! Has to be the most ever :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cool, those guys are heroes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

My sleep pattern sure needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

Right save starting yet another thread about exams I thought I'd ask here since ye seem to know your stuff and I only need a quick answer! After looking at the different threads it looks like:

1) Its either 100% of your final year results OR 70% final year and 30% 2nd year results go towards your degree as in 2.1, 2.2 etc.

2) That you can repeat up to three modules in August and that there is no cap of 40%. In other words if I do terribly in an exam I can repeat it in the hope of bringing my average up.

Thanks in advance! I'm trés confused at the min..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭mp3guy

O-Deazy wrote: »
    Right save starting yet another thread about exams I thought I'd ask here since ye seem to know your stuff and I only need a quick answer! After looking at the different threads it looks like:

1) Its either 100% of your final year results OR 70% final year and 30% penultimate year results go towards your degree as in 2.1, 2.2 etc.

2) That you can repeat up to three modules in August and that there is no cap of 40%. In other words if I do terribly in an exam I can repeat it in the hope of bringing my average up.

Thanks in advance! I'm trés confused at the min..

As not to confuse those of us doing 4 year degrees.

• Advertisement

So I have got that all right then yea?

It's not 3 modules, it's 15 credits! And only in final year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Though often you can opt for it to be 70/30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭mp3guy

banquo wrote: »
    Though often you can opt for it to be 70/30.

This is applied automatically if it's better than 100% from final year.

Thanks guys.. Feeling a bit more confident now.. sooner these exams are over the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Hey! Would anyone be able to lend me a nokia usb lead for 5 minutes tomorrow or over the weekend?? Phone keeps freezing and need to install *insert ridiculous nokia software thing* to fix it?? I would be forever indebted to the person who helps me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Hey! Would anyone be able to lend me a nokia usb lead for 5 minutes tomorrow or over the weekend?? Phone keeps freezing and need to install *insert ridiculous nokia software thing* to fix it?? I would be forever indebted to the person who helps me out!

I have one that you can have if you want it - I don't have a Nokia any more.
    Are they all the same though?
    Also I won't be in 'til Sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

which type of usb connector is it?

(please identify on the following chart USB Connector Comparison)

I should have the one your after.

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    which type of usb connector is it?

(please identify on the following chart USB Connector Comparison)

I should have the one your after.

To my very untrained eye it seems to be USB 2.0 Micro B but I could be wrong! It's the Micro USB anyway. I'd be very grateful if I could borrow it for 5 minutes as I feel amish without my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

To my very untrained eye it seems to be USB 2.0 Micro B but I could be wrong! It's the Micro USB anyway. I'd be very grateful if I could borrow it for 5 minutes as I feel amish without my phone!

Excellent, drop me a message with a time and place and i shall me you there to make the exchange.

I was about to message you my number and tell you to text me.... :rolleyes:

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    I was about to message you my number and tell you to text me.... :rolleyes:

The ironing is delicious. Thanks again!

The ironing is delicious. Thanks again!

Nom nom flat warm clothes nom nom.

*ahem*

Bon Iver ticket purchased. Good start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

I finally fixed my password/ stupid email issue!!! IM BACK!! Not that anyone noticed ha ha

Xqzciara wrote: »
    I finally fixed my password/ stupid email issue!!! IM BACK!! Not that anyone noticed ha ha

... Or ELSE! (RE: A different conversation)

... Or ELSE! (RE: A different conversation)

OR ELSE NOTHING!!

• Advertisement

Xqzciara wrote: »
    OR ELSE NOTHING!!

OR EVERYTHING!

>_>

<_<

Currently listening to Fall Out Boy. It's like I've gone back in time and am 16 again!

Currently listening to Fall Out Boy. It's like I've gone back in time and am 16 again!

I feel like that every time I listen to them! Same with Taking Back Sunday and Jimmy Eat World... Ahh teenage angst... :P

Ahh I used to love those bands too! My favourite by far was My Chemical Romance though; I had a poster of them for my document in my French oral :o

Things were so much easier back then -__-

Haha nice! I had a major obsession with them too.
    I'm actually wearing my t-shirt that I got at My Chem gig in '07... I use it as a pj's top now :P

Jimmy Eat World - The Middle, what a tune.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Ahh I used to love those bands too! My favourite by far was My Chemical Romance though; I had a poster of them for my document in my French oral :o

Things were so much easier back then -__-
    jubella wrote: »
    Haha nice! I had a major obsession with them too.
    I'm actually wearing my t-shirt that I got at My Chem gig in '07... I use it as a pj's top now :P

I think my username says it all...
    Still obsessed, will never change :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Is the fees and grants office still open? There's something I need them to sign :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's open on weekdays, yup!

On another note, I friggin' love my Boxee Box!

/returns to playing with new toy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement