Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yes, hats!! So people can recognise each other.

And so they won't end up sitting opposite the boards beers for about an hour because you don't know where everyone is. Of course, that never happened to me ¬__¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

We were busy speculating about who Declan06's new mot was:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

21 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

The university sent out an email about the parking situation (I'll let somebody else rage about the parking situation, it doesn't really bother me that much)

But I thought this bit was interesting
    Measures to promote cycling and car sharing will also be implemented ahead of the next academic year.

Now Car Sharing is a lost cause.

But the measures to promote cycling sound interesting, any ideas what they might be?

The new level crossing across the kilcock road has a stop/go light for bicycles. so maybe cycling between across the two campuses will be an option in the future. But what else could they do?

i think a secure bicycle parking area would be a great addition to the campus. For a small fee, you get access to a covered bicycle storage area where your bike is less likely to get robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    i think a secure bicycle parking area would be a great addition to the campus. For a small fee, you get access to a covered bicycle storage area where your bike is less likely to get robbed.

Great idea, but moot unless the University is willing accept responsibility for thefts that take place in one of these secure shelters...

• Advertisement

mp3guy wrote: »
    Great idea, but moot unless the University is willing accept responsibility for thefts that take place in one of these secure shelters...

I said less likely, the university won't accept responsibility for theft nor should it(Did they tell somebody to go steal your bike? no, they did? well maybe you should have locked it)

but the idea is that bikes will be less likely to be stolen if they are locked to a stand inside a small building with CCTV and restrictions on who can access it, then if they are left outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Such an entrance restriction would almost certainly be swipe access, so they'd have a record of everyone who entered and the time they swiped in, as well as CCTV footage.

(I'll post up any more info when I have it)

*Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

The university sent out an email about the parking situation (I'll let somebody else rage about the parking situation, it doesn't really bother me that much)

But I thought this bit was interesting

Now Car Sharing is a lost cause.

But the measures to promote cycling sound interesting, any ideas what they might be?

The new level crossing across the kilcock road has a stop/go light for bicycles. so maybe cycling between across the two campuses will be an option in the future. But what else could they do?

I just seen the email there and the parking on South campus I can see could cause a lot of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Can anyone tell me why cars are being allowed to park on the road at the entrance to the South Campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Sweeping up broken glass would be nice. It was barely worth repairing punctures last year, you'd just get another one the next morning.

• Advertisement

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Sweeping up broken glass would be nice. It was barely worth repairing punctures last year, you'd just get another one the next morning.

It would be even nicer if people didn't smash glass bottles every time they went out. :rolleyes:

If they got a road sweeper to clear up the glass once in a while it certainly would be a good start and would make the campus better for cyclists, pedestrians and motorists alike

The swimming pool is closed at the minute, just in case anyone is thinking of heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

So where am I supposed to urinate now?

Or fap :pac: It's apparently the pool with the most semen in it in Ireland.

It is one damn sexy swimming pool:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

We had swimming lessons in there in Secondary School, it used to freak me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Thinking of getting t-shirts printed for the Cuallacht, any recommendations of places that do tshirt printing??

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

YIP (Your Image Processed) is where I got my campaign t-shirts way back when. Very reasonable, great quality, fantastic service.

www.yip.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

YIP (Your Image Processed) is where I got my campaign t-shirts way back when. Very reasonable, great quality, fantastic service.

www.yip.ie

Heh just found that tshirt in a room clear out the other day! Such fun times campaigning! :D

I know this is extremely last minute, but I have a ticket for the Morrissey gig tonight in Vicar Street if anyone wants it? A number of factors have collided causing my inability to go >.<

/plays Life Is A Pigsty on repeat for the evening.

• Advertisement

I know this is extremely last minute, but I have a ticket for the Morrissey gig tonight in Vicar Street if anyone wants it? A number of factors have collided causing my inability to go >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

I was there! Some gig - major pity you couldn't go. :(

I was there! Some gig - major pity you couldn't go. :(

I know :( I wish I could have made it, might have cheered up and stopped me from having a very bad day on Sunday. Ah well. I hear yous had to put up with the onslaught of Kristeen Young though :P

There's a bird on top of the window of meeting room 3 and it's distracting!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 villainous

O'Briens prices have dropped! Well the coffee anyway

When they stop charging you 50c to toast a sambo I'll go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 villainous

I don't understand why you would buy a shambo in the first place, they're bloody tiny!
    Its now a bagel factory too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Mmmm, bagels.
    I miss the bagel factory on main street SO. MUCH.
    Abrekebabra? Psssssh. Bagels were where it was at!

villainous wrote: »
    I don't understand why you would buy a shambo in the first place, they're bloody tiny!
    Its now a bagel factory too btw

What the hell is a shambo? Read my post again! No h ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BeneGal

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What the hell is a shambo? Read my post again! No h ;)

A shambo is the shamrock shaped sandwich that O'Briens offer. Just FYI. :D

• Advertisement

DSC00116.JPG

Eh..does anyone else see it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement