Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Paper work in Japan is a nightmare. Finally got internet access.

RE the mod thing, I was told a new one would be selected. See how Nordeth gets on, then maybe request a new one. He should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

lordgoat wrote: »
    yep there are still thursdays in maynooth.... ;)
    That's subject to verification by the new president, though! :pac:
    kellief wrote: »
    Opened up this thread and accidentally opened up a random page of this thread and it had a post from Rozabeez on it...got a little pang there..
    Just opened fb and she popped up in that damn new sidebar thing!

Kind of what prompted me to swing by here tbh.

Apologies to those who have no idea what we're talking about, but it still just doesn't seem real.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 socky2011

That's subject to verification by the new president, though! :pac:
    But I like thursdays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

This isn't worth starting a new thread over, but when do lectures start again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

RE the mod thing, I was told a new one would be selected. See how Nordeth gets on, then maybe request a new one. He should be fine though.

Dibs not doing it.

/hides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

chillian17 wrote: »
    This isn't worth starting a new thread over, but when do lectures start again? :D

The 28th of Halimath, by Shire-reckoning. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

chillian17 wrote: »

September 19th, so it's a month from tomorrow :) I can't wait to get back started :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

For anyone interested, here's an official video of the competition I was talking about last month, look out for the lad with big hair, he's in it a lot ;)

September 19th, so it's a month from tomorrow :) I can't wait to get back started :o
    I thought that was when orientation weeks starts for the first years :confused:

oh and anyone know when the results of the repeats are up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Results for repeats are generally around the first week of september as far as I remember.

First year orientation week starts the 12th, lectures start the 19th I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

banquo wrote: »
    Dibs not doing it.

/hides

SU peoples can't become Mods,
    sowi :(

Norrdeth wrote: »
    SU peoples can't become Mods,
    sowi :(

Why's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Censorship issues and free speech about the university I believe, but I could be proven wrong.

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Censorship issues and free speech about the university I believe, but I could be proven wrong.

I see, makes sense :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

This may sound a little weird, but I hope that Roz wouldn't be taken off the list? Just wouldn't seem right...

/goes back to lurking...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

socky2011 wrote: »

Last years repeat results came out the day before registration as far as I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

socky2011 wrote: »

7th of September. :)

Source: http://examinations.nuim.ie/dates.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

riiight.. I don't think this deserves it's own thread, so I'll ask here :)

I'll hopefully be heading into first arts, and was thinking about taking up Chinese, but there are like 0 posts on here in relation to it (lots of posts about Chinese food though. :P).

Does anyone know anyone doing it?

Hai Noel! o/

I think Chinese is a brand new subject in arts this year, hence the lack of posts about it :) Until your post, I didn't even know it was offered :p

• Advertisement

Hai Noel! o/

I think Chinese is a brand new subject in arts this year, hence the lack of posts about it :) Until your post, I didn't even know it was offered :p

Hoi! \o/

Ah, that most definitely explains it so. :P It looks unreal, especially the whole Chinese culture part of it, so I think I'll pick it. \o/

I just looked up the modules there; it looks class! What other subjects are you thinking of doing? :D

It does! :D

Eh I was thinking Psychology (I'd like to transfer into pure in 2nd year, wonder would I be able to keep Chinese on though!), and maybe Sociology or some other subject. I've no idea really. :D haha

I think if you get into psychology in 2nd year, you can only do it by itself! Sociology is class; I did it for my degree and loved it ^_^ Try out as many different subjects as possible in the first few weeks though; you could end up really liking something you'd have never thought of doing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

I think if you get into psychology in 2nd year, you can only do it by itself!

Yup. Only pure Psychology is possible in Maynooth, although it can be a BA or a BSc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Halfway through Ocarina of Time for about the 4th time. I want neither this nor the summer to end...

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

I was halfway through Final Fantasy 7 until the First Year Handbook construction needed to begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Am kinda jealous of all these soon-to-be first years embarking on the grand adventure. Most satisfying three years of my life so far.

Phone Boards is annoying cuz it takes me ages to post -__-

Also it's just occured to me that none of my friends will be living in Maynooth after the next week or so. It's going to be a lonely year :(

• Advertisement

Phone Boards is annoying cuz it takes me ages to post -__-

Also it's just occured to me that none of my friends will be living in Maynooth after the next week or so. It's going to be a lonely year :(

Buuuut now you have a new gym buddy yeah!! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement