Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That is true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Does NUIM generally have boards meet ups at the start of the year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Phone Boards is annoying cuz it takes me ages to post -__-

Also it's just occured to me that none of my friends will be living in Maynooth after the next week or so. It's going to be a lonely year :(
    Boardsies are here for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Does NUIM generally have boards meet ups at the start of the year? :)

WE DO NOW!

*vaudeville music*

Someone mentioned October beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Duddy wrote: »
    WE DO NOW!

*vaudeville music*

Someone mentioned October beers?

Can haz September beers too? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I am all in favour of this!

Plus wun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yeshum, I'm in dire need of some craic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You guys aren't cool enough for me to attend a beers with, sorry :p

Hey guys, listen I got my grant letter today, and I didn't get the top-up, literally just over the income limit by a few hundred. Wasn't banking on this, now I can't afford to eat this year or pay my bills. Any tips where to go? (Still looking for a job with no joy =/)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hey guys, listen I got my grant letter today, and I didn't get the top-up, literally just over the income limit by a few hundred. Wasn't banking on this, now I can't afford to eat this year or pay my bills. Any tips where to go? (Still looking for a job with no joy =/)

It won't be great for keeping you going but Aviva Stadium are hiring atm which can help a little!

it's a great job, loads of craic! Just not great as a constant supply of money! But it will help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Chill and Londis on campus taking CV's now too?
    And as far as financial advice, maybe drop into Fiach, in the welfare office and see what advice he can give. Or contact Aengus. As far as I am aware he was giving talks last week all over the country regarding grants and financial aide for students, might be worth a shot?

It won't be great for keeping you going but Aviva Stadium are hiring atm which can help a little!

it's a great job, loads of craic! Just not great as a constant supply of money! But it will help! :)

Thanks for the tip, will apply :)
    Chill and Londis on campus taking CV's now too?
    And as far as financial advice, maybe drop into Fiach, in the welfare office and see what advice he can give. Or contact Aengus. As far as I am aware he was giving talks last week all over the country regarding grants and financial aide for students, might be worth a shot?

Will head down to apply there too :) I should be able to manage for another month or two in the hope of getting a job, will seek more advice then :) thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Spur in Liffey Valley looking for staff as well. And there's a carraig donn going into Manor Mills in a few weeks afaik they're still looking for staff as well.

Oh, and my job in Dunnes should be going within the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

HP / CPL in leixlip are always looking for phone support staff in a night or part time capacity if your interested , its 15 mins from maynooth and if you have any sort of a technical head on you it would suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

The amount of shops that have opened and shut down in the manor mills in the past while is crazy.

If anyone here is the PHd engineering student in Maynooth who helped a first year and his parents find their way to the residence office today, THANK YOU :)

I badly, badly need a haircut.

I eventually got on campus accom.. unreal happy :)

Annnd I absolutely love Maynooth! Today was my first time there, but everyone's so so nice! :P

Annnd I absolutely love Maynooth! Today was my first time there, but everyone's so so nice! :P

It is a very friendly university. Welcome! Where'd you get on campus?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

banquo wrote: »
    I badly, badly need a haircut.

Do it yerself, I do mine in the mirror and I just get a friend to fix the back.
    That said it's just a number 6 or 4 all over. So pretty simple.
    Saves lots of money and hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Bought a hair clippers myself yesterday. Got top and sides perfect after a few goes and will get someone to do back for me. Cost 20 euro so if I get three haircuts out of it I'll be saving money. I'm a 2 all over though so tis easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 villainous

I'd love to cut my own hair but if I cut my hair too tight my ever developing bald patch becomes very evident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Trust me, the more you try to hide it the more evident it is!! Going tight is the only way :pac:

Village :)

ah. nice place! congrats!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Village :)

Best place to be!

No need for panicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KingKazama

Great to see that you got everything sorted. I'm living in river myself after three years off campus. Best advice I can give you is to get ready for the best few years of your life. Maynooth's a top place and incredibly friendly! :D

Yeah I actually can't wait to move up for good now. :D Do many people stay around for the weekends? :P I think I might!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 KingKazama

Yeah I actually can't wait to move up for good now. :D Do many people stay around for the weekends? :P I think I might!

A lot of first years go home with mostly final year students and postgrads staying up. That's at least from what I have seen from my experience. There's a lot of international students whom obviously are there on the weekends too. The closer it is to exam time the busier it is at the weekends. You'll always know someone staying up at the weekends either ways :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement