Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

My parents help me move house all the time. They rarely embarrass me. Unless your dad is gonna try it on with one of your housemates. Now that would be weird...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Pretty sure most people will be bringing their parents.. And also why care if anyone else doesn't? :confused: If you're already thinking about other peoples opinions, I'd be worried :pac:
    yeah suppose ur right, i just didn want to be like the only one with parents coming up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    My parents help me move house all the time. They rarely embarrass me. Unless your dad is gonna try it on with one of your housemates. Now that would be weird...

My dad tries it on with my current housemate the whole time :confused:

probably because she's my mother though..

Eww, gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone know if 2nd years get a diary like 1st years or should I just go out and buy one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Anyone know if 2nd years get a diary like 1st years or should I just go out and buy one?

They don't but I think they sell some at the beginning of the year if they have any spare

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They don't but I think they sell some at the beginning of the year if they have any spare

Thanks...it was handy having all the important info in one place, guess I will have to pick one up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks...it was handy having all the important info in one place, guess I will have to pick one up.

You can always download it from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJJ2010

Where did this come from? Pervy Good idea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

They actually give them out at the helpdesk in JH during the first week, got one there last year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

@_@

This may be a stupid question, but...

How does one go from Maynooth to Dublin and how do I figure out how much it costs? The train site looks like it takes ages, and the Dublin Bus site is just... confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Graduation tomorrow!! I picked up my robes earlier and I've already lost the little green hood-thing -___-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Ha! I gots mine today also, can't wait for tomorrow!! XD

How does one go from Maynooth to Dublin and how do I figure out how much it costs? The train site looks like it takes ages, and the Dublin Bus site is just... confusing
    Train takes about half an hour/40 minutes, it's about a fiver for a return trip to Connolly.

The bus (66/67) leaves from the main street and costs €2.30 for a single I think. The only bad thing about the bus is that you have to know where to get off, something not always easy for the locationally challenged such as myself :p

The bus takes way longer, 50 minutes normally, over an hour if traffic is bad.

Train takes about half an hour/40 minutes, it's about a fiver for a return trip to Connolly.

The bus (66/67) leaves from the main street and costs €2.30 for a single I think. The only bad thing about the bus is that you have to know where to get off, something not always easy for the locationally challenged such as myself :p
    LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The bus takes way longer, 50 minutes normally, over an hour if traffic is bad.

Ah really? According to the Irish Rail site, if I left Maynooth at 11:35, I wouldn't be in Dublin til 12:36.. am I doing it wrong? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

The 66 goes into town, the bus stop is on the mainstreet beside the londis, I think it costs around 3.20, theres usually about 2 an hour at 20 past and 10-to I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Tis 2.30 max!

wonton wrote: »
    The 66 goes into town, the bus stop is on the mainstreet beside the londis, I think it costs around 3.20, theres usually about 2 an hour at 20 past and 10-to I think.

It costs 2.30 to go to town.

And it's 40 minutes to get to Connolly, add 5 minutes for Tara/Pearse. Think you read the timetable wrong Noel.

• Advertisement

Ahhh lads I think I figured out the train thing! The irish rail site automatically puts it on a weird train, but the Sligo - Dublin train is shorter but you can't order that online apparently! Hopefully they let people on at the train station.. :P Thanks for all the help! :)

Ah really? According to the Irish Rail site, if I left Maynooth at 11:35, I wouldn't be in Dublin til 12:36.. am I doing it wrong? :P
    Just checked there, and it says the 11.35 is in at 12.01? It's handier to go in to Connolly I find than Pearse, just in case that's what you've looked at (although there's no way it takes a half hour to get from Connolly to Pearse).

Also if you get the train coming from Sligo (the silver intercity ones). it takes much quicker to get into Dublin as it doesn't stop at any of the stations between Maynooth and Connolly.

Just checked there, and it says the 11.35 is in at 12.01? It's handier to go in to Connolly I find than Pearse, just in case that's what you've looked at (although there's no way it takes a half hour to get from Connolly to Pearse).

Also if you get the train coming from Sligo (the silver intercity ones). it takes much quicker to get into Dublin as it doesn't stop at any of the stations between Maynooth and Connolly.

I've no idea what I did!

I put in Maynooth -> Dublin City Centre for the 9/09 and it came up with all the weird times! I just checked the timetables now though and it looks like the Sligo one will do the job! :)

It's Duddy's birthday, so here's a cake to celebrate!!! some might say me gusta ;) LAWL LAWL LAWL

Me-Gusta-cake.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

^^ what's with the random cat wrapped around a can at the edge of the cake??:confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

A teeheeheehee a want it!(and im already full of cake). And its an internet cake, random cats are encouraged, nay, necessary :----)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Right am going to head up during orientation week and hand out some CVs as my weekend job at home is sadly gone. Any tips?? The CV itself isn't a problem just looking for advice about handing them in?Any advice is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

In my experience, always ask to speak with the manager. Seeing you in the flesh is half the battle. This doesn't always work, but it's better than handing it to some random employee to throw on a desk. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Look your best! Bar managers always want to hire good looking people, both my current and previous boss told me this and usually asked me to rate anyone who handed a CV into me. As funky said though, ask for the manager as they'll generally not bother taking a chance on someone they didn't see in the flesh.

Did Dublin Bus not put the price up to 2.40 or 2.45 or something a few months ago naw?

• Advertisement

Nope, they didn't. They put the price up to 2.30.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement