Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Finally graduated :D It might have taken me a year longer than expected, but still!!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Congrats, Your Text Here!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know if the medical centre is open next Thurs/Fri?
    And will the doctor be in Fri! There's no answer on the phone and I need to make an appointment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

A little question if someone can help me..
    Im looking at my timetable and it shows codes obviously for where a lecture is on [e.g. JH3 - I know where that is though, just an example ;)] but, I have no idea WHERE the codes mean.. i've been told theres a part of the nuim website where you can actually click in and see exactly where lecture halls and stuff are but I have exhausted myself looking for it. Im pretty sure i've looked all through the handbook and website and everything but im just not seeing it at all at all. Nudge in the right direction appreciated ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

orl677 wrote: »
    A little question if someone can help me..
    Im looking at my timetable and it shows codes obviously for where a lecture is on [e.g. JH3 - I know where that is though, just an example ;)] but, I have no idea WHERE the codes mean.. i've been told theres a part of the nuim website where you can actually click in and see exactly where lecture halls and stuff are but I have exhausted myself looking for it. Im pretty sure i've looked all through the handbook and website and everything but im just not seeing it at all at all. Nudge in the right direction appreciated ;)

It'd be too easy to put that information on the maps page or in the handbooks so they put it in the examinations section of the website. :|

http://examinations.nuim.ie/teachingvenues.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

kitten_graduation_postcard-p239114490805986085qibm_400.jpg

Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

\o/ for Duddy.

Anyone know if the medical centre is open next Thurs/Fri?
    And will the doctor be in Fri! There's no answer on the phone and I need to make an appointment!

Pretty sure the doctor doesn't be there on Fridays! And it's bound to be open next week seeing as it's pretty much the start of the semester. Well I assume so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

irish_goat wrote: »
    It'd be too easy to put that information on the maps page or in the handbooks so they put it in the examinations section of the website. :|

http://examinations.nuim.ie/teachingvenues.shtml

Ah, yeh that makes absolutely no sense, you would probably want to know your way around the campus well before you take an exam :p Thanks a mill irish_goat, I appreciate that!..

Many congrats to those who've just graduated! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Did we ever put to bed the whole thing of whether or not you can take an un-equal amount of modules in semesters? I remember something along the lines of there being lee-way of 2.5 but each third year geography module is worth 5 ECTS.. Also, there's no compulsory module in the 1st semester but there is in the second (thesis module) so could I do 20 credits worth of classes in semester 1 and then 10 credits (5 compulsory, 5 optional) semester 2? I know that looks like a big discrepancy between the two semesters but it's only taking one extra class. I tried to ring the records office there but they must be on their lunch or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I don't think it really matters when modules are timetabled for a particular semester.
    So if you have choice for elective modules then it shouldn't matter which
    semester they're in as you have a choice
    and you should be able to arrange your semesters as you see fit.
    Unless there's an either/or scenario then you won't be able to take both.
    It's just simple logic.

I've never heard of people having to adhere to a 30 credits per semester rule.

Norrdeth wrote: »
    I don't think it really matters when modules are timetabled for a particular semester.
    So if you have choice for elective modules then it shouldn't matter which
    semester they're in as you have a choice
    and you should be able to arrange your semesters as you see fit.
    Unless there's an either/or scenario then you won't be able to take both.
    It's just simple logic.

I've never heard of people having to adhere to a 30 credits per semester rule.

I'd agree with this.
    I know a guy who talk all his history electives in Sem 1 (15 credits - meaning 22.5 credits in Sem 1 and 7.5 credist in Sem 2) and no one had any problem with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Hey,

I see that we've got until the 30th Sept to register online. If I leave it until next week or so to register, do I run the risk of being left with crappy modules or will it make much difference at all?:confused:

girlonfire wrote: »
    Hey,

I see that we've got until the 30th Sept to register online. If I leave it until next week or so to register, do I run the risk of being left with crappy modules or will it make much difference at all?:confused:

If you're registering for modules that have capped places then yes tbh. All the good ones will nearly have already been filled up!

I'm doing a major/minor so have 40 compulsory credits for English. So I assume as they're all compulsory, it makes no difference when I register for that subject? If that seems like a ridiculous question, apologies:rolleyes:
    I know it'll affect my minor subjects as the modules don't appear to be compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Anyone know what you do if its not listing enough modules to total to 60 credits? I can only get 55 credits and cannot register

girlonfire wrote: »
    I'm doing a major/minor so have 40 compulsory credits for English. So I assume as they're all compulsory, it makes no difference when I register for that subject? If that seems like a ridiculous question, apologies:rolleyes:
    I know it'll affect my minor subjects as the modules don't appear to be compulsory.

Are your minors capped though? if they're not you'll be fine?

If they're compusory you'll defo not have a problem!

Are your minors capped though? if they're not you'll be fine?

If they're compusory you'll defo not have a problem!

I've discovered 10 credits are compulsory and 10 aren't so I've relaxed more about holding off until next week.
    Thanks for your help XxMCRxBabyxX. Appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sickdullplain

Does anyone know if the gym is open during first year orientation week?

• Advertisement

It never closes during the summer.

I've just found out that my brother is going to be living in the exact same room that I did in 1st year. This is just weird....
    Mullin 5 ftw!

Cad é an scéal with getting to North Campus from South Campus? I have tours there tomorrow and I usually went by the footbridge(;_; ).
    Is all the construction work in the way or can you duck round it and nip across Kilcock Road?

Use the pedestrian crossing, that's what it's for.

Ah cool, just making sure that you could actually access it, I peered down the last day at graduation and could only see masses of lorries, cement and tea-suppin workmen in the way.

Haha, yeah I could access it grand last Tuesday, not sure what state it's in at the moment.
    You'd hope it would be up and running for orientation/freshers tho!

Wouldn't want the firsties to be inconvenienced now!

Ofc not! I have to be in JH at 8.30 (AY EM) to meet the little bastards. THEY'LL BE SHOWN ROUND LIKE THEY'VE BEEN SHOWN ROUND BEFORE.:P

Rice crispie buns and tea :D hard to bate!

Rice crispie buns and tea :D hard to bate!

Haven't had a rice crispie bun in so long! Hope you're dunking!! :P

• Advertisement

Dunking a rice crispie bun?? What is this sacrilege you speak of?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement