Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What good is chocolate if you don't melt it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Rice crispie buns and tea :D hard to bate!

I see your bun, and raise you garlic cheese chips, veggie burger and LEGO STAR WARS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hey guys does anyone know when the first year reg will be done? Just have letters I need signed before the end of the day but can't afford to be standing in a line all day either

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hey guys does anyone know when the first year reg will be done? Just have letters I need signed before the end of the day but can't afford to be standing in a line all day either

Looks like it's on all day according to this - http://studentservices.nuim.ie/sites/studentservices.nuim.ie/files/documents/Orientation Booklet.pdf
    Last set starts at 3.30 but I'd say that'll go on til closing nearly!

Looks like it's on all day according to this - http://studentservices.nuim.ie/sites/studentservices.nuim.ie/files/documents/Orientation%20Booklet.pdf

Feck. Thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement

Looks like it's on all day according to this - http://studentservices.nuim.ie/sites/studentservices.nuim.ie/files/documents/Orientation%20Booklet.pdf

Feck. Thanks anyway :)

If you try go in about 4/30/4.45 you might be lucky and they might have gotten through everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

General question guys, I remember hearing of some sort of new student shop in the Arts block, and I am wondering if they buy back books from students and then re-sell them on as 2nd hand for other students?

Is this the case?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Liber8or wrote: »
    General question guys, I remember hearing of some sort of new student shop in the Arts block, and I am wondering if they buy back books from students and then re-sell them on as 2nd hand for other students?

Is this the case?

Thanks!

I think that shop you're thinking of is over upstairs in the SU building. But they don't buy books from you, they sell them on your behalf so you'd only get the money when someone eventually buys them. You set the price yourself :)

Nope, its in the SU shop in the Arts Block I believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Duddy wrote: »
    I see your bun, and raise you garlic cheese chips, veggie burger and LEGO STAR WARS.
    Omg my mum actually bought the nicest veggie burgers for me this weekend! I think she got them in Lidl; the brand is called Cream of the Crop. Seriously, they're yummy :D

I think it's going to take me forever to put away all the stuff in my room :/ I really have far too much.

• Advertisement

If you try go in about 4/30/4.45 you might be lucky and they might have gotten through everyone!

Yeah I was gone at that stage =/ Will have to wait till next Monday now, hoping to god it won't be too late!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Havent got any sleep since I came up Sunday, really tired :(

The amount of noise tonight was ridiculous, was too tired to go out just wanted to sleep. Fair enuf d house parties, its a bit of a joke when like 50 people are gathered outside the apartment screaming, singing etc. The walls are really thin.

Is it like this every night or just the first while, dont think I could live like this. :(

Do the security people not stop it?

Won't be like that every night, but it wont be uncommon either. The RAs usually do rounds and tell people to be quiet, if they're taking a while or the noise keeps up give'm a ring:)

First of all, that's horrible, hope you're not feeling too down. Have you got earplugs? Get the heavy duty wax ones, they work wonders, almost block out everything. Secondly, is it always mad on campus? Not every night but if you're a light sleeper, long term it might not be the place to stay!

The RAs should be around to break up rubbish like 50 people singing outside, that's not really on! I think you can call them, maybe put in a complaint? Or call security, no one will know it was you :P

Duddy wrote: »
    Won't be like that every night, but it wont be uncommon either. The RAs usually do rounds and tell people to be quiet, if they're taking a while or the noise keeps up give'm a ring:)

where do we find their phone numbers? ive probably seen it at some stage.
    are they the people u ring for things like noise etc?

does the noise generally stop at any rough time? its really annoying just wish people were more considerate of others when it gets late
    cheers btw

I'd really like to say it gets better, but the difference is marginal, which is why I only stuck it till Christmas last year =/

Hopefully you'll have nice flatmates, that would have made it bearable for me =/

I'd really like to say it gets better, but the difference is marginal, which is why I only stuck it till Christmas last year =/

Hopefully you'll have nice flatmates, that would have made it bearable for me =/

damn i really wish i knew this before i paid :pac:

its not even that im shy or that, but some nights ya just dont go out, wont sum peace and quiet :(

its the roaring thats annoying me, nd banging stuff. i cant think nevermind sleep... :(

You should have got some sort of pack when you moved in, the numbers must be in that? Security are on 017083929.

Ehhh, try the back of your front door - there might be a wee laminated sheet there with the numbers of doctors etc., think the Res Office out of hours number is on it. those would be the people you'd ring anyway, also if you've locked yourself out!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    First of all, that's horrible, hope you're not feeling too down. Have you got earplugs? Get the heavy duty wax ones, they work wonders, almost block out everything. Secondly, is it always mad on campus? Not every night but if you're a light sleeper, long term it might not be the place to stay!

The RAs should be around to break up rubbish like 50 people singing outside, that's not really on! I think you can call them, maybe put in a complaint? Or call security, no one will know it was you :P

tbh im fairly annoyed and tired, im going to buy ear plugs when i go home tomorrow. was gonna stay til wednesday but dont really feel up to it anymore.

Anyone have securitys no ?

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    LeixlipRed wrote: »

tbh im fairly annoyed and tired, im going to buy ear plugs when i go home tomorrow. was gonna stay til wednesday but dont really feel up to it anymore.

Anyone have securitys no ?

Everyone seems to be trying to scare you on here! :-P
    It'll calm down soon enough and if nothing else you will get somewhat used to it.

Are you in river, village or rye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Agree with LR, earplugs are a life saver on those days you don't want to head out, yet the whole campus seems to be at your door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

tbh im fairly annoyed and tired, im going to buy ear plugs when i go home tomorrow.
    Experiment with a few different types. I got a great pair that I can't hear a single thing beyond about 5 foot away from me. Which is great because I can still hear the alarm clock, but basically nothing else. Mad annoyed the chemist didn't have any more of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I used to use spongy yellow ones that I could only find in a chemist in Leixlip.....

On the alarm issue, I found if you use your phone and place it on your bed, the vibration tends to be a good wake up call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sadly, extremely loud all-night parties are jus tone of the perks of living on campus :p It won't be like that all the time. And you'll end up being able to sleep through it after a while! Seriously, first year in Village made me able to sleep through anything. There's the RAs to call as well if it's really annoying.

Was asked onto KFM to discuss the campaign against the Household Charge and they produce Eddie Hobbs out of thin air to debate me, bastards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Does anyone know what times the residence office is open on weekends? I got an email back saying that they aren't open on sundays, but my friend who rang them on the same day was told that they are:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

damn i really wish i knew this before i paid :pac:

its not even that im shy or that, but some nights ya just dont go out, wont sum peace and quiet :(

its the roaring thats annoying me, nd banging stuff. i cant think nevermind sleep... :(

Fact of University Life #129034 - dispute being in a third level institution, some people are still morons (and inconsiderate ones at that)

the numbers for the two RA's on call are

save them in your phone, and be sure to give them a call if there is an emergency on campus (Fire alarm going off or a medical emergency), or if there's noise at night (Parties are not allowed) or if you've locked yourself out (You may be waiting awhile as real emergencies take precedence)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what times the residence office is open on weekends? I got an email back saying that they aren't open on sundays, but my friend who rang them on the same day was told that they are:confused:

The Residence office is NOT open on Sundays,

But the office for Village and for River and Rye Hall may be open

• Advertisement

Jonah42 wrote: »

They're not afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement