Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

How so Joe wrote: »
    And you lose all your mod-ships and visitor messages on your profile and everything??

Yeah as far as I know. Definitely all the moderator stuff but not sure about visitor messages etc. No one will be able to leave you anymore messages though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

And you lose all your mod-ships and visitor messages on your profile and everything??
    I'm assuming you're talking about Rozabeez? She sadly passed away earlier this year, so that's why her account will have been closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Yeah, I know, I just noticed a few minutes ago she's not listed as a forum mod any more. Just a jerk of sadness and another reminder. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The visitor messages she's left me are still there but I can't see what I've posted on her visitor wall :(

I miss you Roe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

*rubs sleep from eyes*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Today I learned a valuable lesson.

Don't get the last bus home instead of staying out and having a good night just because you have work in the morning. You will only sleep in anyway and will get to work later than if you had just stayed out.

I won't be making that mistake again.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Where abouts are the offices in the SU?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

DB10 wrote: »
    Where abouts are the offices in the SU?

Instead of going straight ahead into the bar turn righht and go through the doors there. Chill will be on your right and the offices are straight ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Anybody know what hours the phoenix serves food from? I've been told it's only from 12-3, which sounds a bit implausible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Daemos wrote: »
    @squishykins

Are you sure it's not Room 60¾ ?

That's what I was doing wrong :rolleyes:

I found it, it's one of the rooms with the glass next to TH1 :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

So the speed of light can be exceeded eh? Mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

have to say, I don't miss the bridge at all, it's handy as feck going from campus to campus now.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

wonton wrote: »
    have to say, I don't miss the bridge at all, it's handy as feck going from campus to campus now.

True.

Trying to go up the damn thing on an icy morning was like doing the travelator on Gladiators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I miss it. Whenever I was sleepy in the library, I used to walk over it real fast and then back. Really got the blood pumping, woke you up. The thing I didn't like about it was the people walking in front of me as slowly as possible, having conversations standing at the top, in the way etc.

Now that I think of it... people are the root of all my problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

That's what I was doing wrong :rolleyes:

I found it, it's one of the rooms with the glass next to TH1 :P
    Ha, I had a tutorial there last year! But instead of calling it room 60, like normal people, they called it SMLLC Conference Room.
    I was looking at my timetable like this :confused::confused: for about a week.

Ha, I had a tutorial there last year! But instead of calling it room 60, like normal people, they called it SMLLC Conference Room.
    I was looking at my timetable like this :confused::confused: for about a week.

I only just saw someone call it that on Moodle :P Oh wells I know now :D

*EDIT* Someone should really update the map at the front of the arts block! It's absolutely nowhere near where it said it was! I'm looking at you banquo ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Anyone know why the housing lists are local access only? Could really do with that this weekend, its a very weird set up that....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    So the speed of light can be exceeded eh? Mad

Yep. Maybe it'll lead to time travel?

If so, I'm going back to 1940 and I'm going to punch Hitler in the cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The barman says, "We don't serve time travelers here."

A time traveler walks into a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Any idea if PACR is open?? Need to print up some stuff and the leabharlann is closed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Arts block is pretty much always open, so you should be able to print in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

At what point in the year does the library start opening on weekends? Wanted to be all productive and go in this weekend:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hi all,

I got a text from Shay of the NUIM Chaplaincy regarding Maynooth Mission Outreach.

Its a meeting on monday at Crolly's Room on the South Campus.

Involves sending volunteers abroad to work in the developing world?

Has anyone ever been part of a project like this before, if so would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Duddy wrote: »
    At what point in the year does the library start opening on weekends? Wanted to be all productive and go in this weekend:P
    Open every Saturday starting next week, apparently

http://library.nuim.ie/calendar/2011-10-01?mini=calendar%2F2011-10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

How do we find out when grants cheques are in?

I know it's early to be wondering and stuff but I got my confirmation ages ago so I'm optimistically (probably wrongly) hoping it'll come in soon.. :P

I just keep checking here: http://fees.nuim.ie/maintenance_cheques.shtml but do they actually update it daily? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I thought it's done electronically these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Norrdeth wrote: »
    I thought it's done electronically these days.

Nah, only some councils do that. Most still just send cheques!

That's where you'll find the list Noel. They're pretty good at updating it tbh. It'll probably be another few weeks before they arrive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Nah, only some councils do that. Most still just send cheques!

That's where you'll find the list Noel. They're pretty good at updating it tbh. It'll probably be another few weeks before they arrive though.

Merci beaucoup :)

• Advertisement

I was told the 2nd by someone in there, living on scraps till then :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement