Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I was told the 2nd by someone in there, living on scraps till then :P

Ooh that's not too far away, hopefully mine will come in.. :P I too am living on scraps.. Damn money :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got a text from Shay of the NUIM Chaplaincy regarding Maynooth Mission Outreach.

Its a meeting on monday at Crolly's Room on the South Campus.

Involves sending volunteers abroad to work in the developing world?

Has anyone ever been part of a project like this before, if so would you recommend it?

I'd imagine it involves only giving people aid if they agree to ascribe to your religion. Basically blackmailing uneducated people. Google "Africa", it's been going on a while apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I cannot open my giant jar of nutella! The seal is too french for me.
    Life is so tough. =(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'd imagine it involves only giving people aid if they agree to ascribe to your religion. Basically blackmailing uneducated people. Google "Africa", it's been going on a while apparently.

My lord something we agree on.

kareokeman look up an organisation called SUAS, not sure if they still have a soc in Maynooth. They work in Africa and India and are very well run. If they haven't a branch in NUIM they accept NUIM students in their branches in other colleges. Which is also another great way to meet people.

Advice though, i'd wait til after second year to go. Good luck either way though

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

How so Joe wrote: »
    I cannot open my giant jar of nutella! The seal is too french for me.
    Life is so tough. =(

A real first world problem.

• Advertisement

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    A real first world problem.

I thought so too! But in my boredom and frustration, I tried reading the serving suggestions instead. It reckons for breakfast you should have two slices of bread with nutella, a glass of water and a bowl of milk.

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Anyone know what's going on in Lucan today? Part of the road is blocked off :)

It's the Lucan Festival! Whatever that is??
    Some sort of culture festival - I know my concert band were playing at it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

How so Joe wrote: »
    It's the Lucan Festival! Whatever that is??
    Some sort of culture festival - I know my concert band were playing at it!!
    It's definitely the Lucan Festival; it looks terrible tbh. The Leixlip Festival is where it's at! ;)

lalee17 wrote: »
    It's definitely the Lucan Festival; it looks terrible tbh. The Leixlip Festival is where it's at! ;)
    Ah, the Leixlip festival. That's not much better!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

No point in starting a new thread for this. I was just wondering where English Seminar Room 2 is because im there tomorrow. Thanks in advance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Is there anywhere on campus to plug in a hair dryer? I want to start going to the gym before classes instead of after but I don't want to have to go around all day with wet hair.. There's no plugs in the ladies changing rooms in the sports building.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Is there anywhere on campus to plug in a hair dryer? I want to start going to the gym before classes instead of after but I don't want to have to go around all day with wet hair.. There's no plugs in the ladies changing rooms in the sports building.
    I've heard there's plugs in the changing rooms beside the swimming pool. Also Iontas and the quiet rooms in the Arts block have them if you're really desperate :pac:

If you're in really early, there are zillions of plugs in the Zoo (common room), but you might get some odd looks if you just wander in at about three in the afternoon and start drying your hair, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Ah don't wanna have to leg it across to the other campus afterwards. I'll just have to keep going after classes instead and dry my hair when I get home. Grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Was going to use the gym tommorrow, is there really no plugs at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Had the first of my many expected falls on campus earlier. My leg is sore now ;____;

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Had the first of my many expected falls on campus earlier. My leg is sore now ;____;

that'll happen.

can't wait til i'm old enough to skip queues in the post office. You've made it then.

Anyone know what the craic with fairs day is? Do you have to book tables?

Got an email earlier saying it's first come first served. The hall opens at 8am for setting up, so I'd imagine you'd want to be there before 9 to get a decent one. I'm going in early enough to set up, so if you want I can save a table for you?

• Advertisement

I don't plan on being there early :pac: I'll pass on the word though, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

See yis at the trampoline ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

See yes at composers' soc, maybe...

I'll be at the Mental Health soc stand in the morning :D imma have to do a bit of boardsie creepin' around the stalls it seems >__>

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'll be at the Mental Health soc stand in the morning :D imma have to do a bit of boardsie creepin' around the stalls it seems >__>

I sent the fb page a message! Any chance of a reply! I'd love to be a part of it! I could do with some mental health...

I sent the fb page a message! Any chance of a reply! I'd love to be a part of it! I could do with some mental health...
    Just replied to it there!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just replied to it there!! :)

Thanking you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Get there early for a plug socket!

Get there early for a plug socket!
    Indeed. There's about four in the entire hall :P

• Advertisement

Is it on in the sports hall? Did they not move it last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement