Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Duddy wrote: »
    But you let in Duddy Glumplich!!

No Duddys, plural :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Here Lads..

I need to print something for a lab tomorrow, and I've never printed on campus before.. Where do I go to do it? :confused: I know there's loadsa places like.. and do I use my laptop or could I log into moodle on a computer there and print it off? I'm so confused.. :P

Head to one of the PACR places (arts block, rye hall) and just use one of the computers there. You need to buy a printing card in one of the vending machines (they cost a fiver). Send your document to the printer, go over to the computer next to the printer and select the doc you want to print. Stick the printing card into the little machine and away you go. If you get confused, ask someone there and I'm sure they will help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Anyone know if 1st year Computer Science (through general science) has labs this week? (Would rather not get up early and find out they don't start till next week like with Biology today:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Céilí na bhFreshers san SU ag 8:30!! Bígí ann!! Saorchéad do chách!!
    Céilí in the SU starting at 8:30 tonight!!!
    Any trad musicians interested in playing tonight can email us!
    cuallacht@nuimsu.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone know when the deadline for changing modules is for 2nd years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

From an e-mail sent out a few weeks ago...
    The deadline for amending your module selections is Friday 7th October.
    Any amendments after this date will incur a €50 late amendment fee

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

Céilí na bhFreshers san SU ag 8:30!! Bígí ann!! Saorchéad do chách!!
    Céilí in the SU starting at 8:30 tonight!!!
    Any trad musicians interested in playing tonight can email us!
    cuallacht@nuimsu.com
    Bhí an-craic ann! Céilí iontach gan amhras!

Fcuking hell, I am actually so thick about the crap that people have to put up with when they live on campus. Seriously, unless all you want to do is have parties every night it is the worst place to live in Maynooth by far. And it costs a ridiculous amount of money! Seriously, if any of you reading this are one of those people who have no respect for their neighbours, have a bit of fcuking cop on please. Yeah I know college is meant to be fun, but we're all here to get an education at the end of the day.

I don't even live on campus and it annoys me, can you imagine what it's like for people who have to put up with this sh1t every day?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

can you imagine what it's like for people who have to put up with this sh1t every day?? :mad:

Oh I know what its like, (But I'm used to living with lots of noise, so I doesn't bother me)

But it boils down to idiots who've had mammies apron strings cut from around their neck being left to their own devices for most of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

So I have to buy a "clicker" for one of my business modules. 30 quid. Don't even know what it's for. Super annoyed right now! I don't mind paying for books and stuff, but as far as I know this is just a way of answering questions. Bye bye money :(

I love clickers. They make slideshows so much more fun. If I'm using a clicker I instantly put in three times as many flashy effects.
    This is, if I have correctly established what a clicker is. If not, I'm confused, and pay no attention to the girl with the slideshows.

I'm waiting on delivery of a pineapple slicer. But it does not appear willing to arrive. >sigh<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

jubella wrote: »
    So I have to buy a "clicker" for one of my business modules. 30 quid. Don't even know what it's for. Super annoyed right now! I don't mind paying for books and stuff, but as far as I know this is just a way of answering questions. Bye bye money :(

Have to get one too, its meant to increase learning and participation and shiz... Just renting mine though, get 15 yoyos back at the end of the year.

50253_4106147766_4232_n.jpg

This is what I thought when yous mentioned you needed a clicker for class... I assume it's something different though :P

This is what I thought when yous mentioned you needed a clicker for class... I assume it's something different though :P

I don't really know what it is to be honest. They call it a "student response system" and they've kinda nicknamed them clickers. That's what I pictured first too though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone know if 1st year Computer Science (through general science) has labs this week? (Would rather not get up early and find out they don't start till next week like with Biology today:mad:)
    They started this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I think I saw you Duddy earlier coming into South Campus, wearing a purple hoody? I wasn't sure if it was you so I didn't say hi :P

I think I saw you Duddy earlier coming into South Campus, wearing a purple hoody? I wasn't sure if it was you so I didn't say hi :P

Hmmm could have been me, although it was a navy hoody!:)

This is what a clicker looks like apparently, although ours might be a little different!:)

iclick_img5.jpg

This is what a clicker looks like apparently, although ours might be a little different!:)

iclick_img5.jpg
    That looks hugely exciting! And you get to use those in class?
    Uh-mazing.
    [/sarcasm]

• Advertisement

iclick_img5.jpg

It'll be a novelty for like a day, then I'll go back to thinking it's a waste of money :P
    I would rent it but I'll more than likely need it next year too, so I may as well just buy it.

Coulda been navy, it was around 3pm yest?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Hey!! Anyone with a dark navy tie that I could possibly borrow for tuesday?? You will earn my eternal gratitude and a few pints!!

Coulda been navy, it was around 3pm yest?

Yupyup! but with headphones and bad eyes I probably wouldn't have noticed even if ya slapped me on the face!:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

iclick_img5.jpg

Looks like one of those ask the audience yokes that they have on gameshows!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You'd think at this stage of my degree I would know the answer to this...but where/is there anywhere you can print on a Sunday? :confused:

You'd think at this stage of my degree I would know the answer to this...but where/is there anywhere you can print on a Sunday? :confused:
    The computer room in the arts block :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

The computer room in the arts block :)

(also needs to photocopy?)
    Stupid arts block room, and stupid price of cards being stupid and stupid.

also, thanks Your text here :p

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Anyone know when we have mid term break this month?

My course book says from the 21st but the website seems to say we are off from the 28th.

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    Anyone know when we have mid term break this month?

My course book says from the 21st but the website seems to say we are off from the 28th.

28th. It's always the week that includes Halloween.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement