Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Batman Live. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What the story about this Halloween Ball?

I know we can win tickets from The Simpsons event in the SU on tuesday but otherwise I've seen nothing advertised.

karaokeman wrote: »

I know we can win tickets from The Simpsons event in the SU on tuesday but otherwise I've seen nothing advertised.

Wednesday the 26th of October (not the 24th as mistakenly written in The Print).

Main act announced: Her Majesty & The Wolves, featuring Kimberly Wyatt of the Pussycat Dolls and Got To Dance.

Full promotion and announcement of ticket release / price will occur closer to the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Batman Live. Amazing.

Jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Looks like one of those ask the audience yokes that they have on gameshows!

That's how they described them to us:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lads, anyone know where in Maynooth is cheapest for dry cleaning a suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Wednesday the 26th of October (not the 24th as mistakenly written in The Print).

Main act announced: Her Majesty & The Wolves, featuring Kimberly Wyatt of the Pussycat Dolls and Got To Dance.

Full promotion and announcement of ticket release / price will occur closer to the event.

Where is it taking place and when will the tickets go on sale.

I presume it will be the week before as people need time to get ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

karaokeman wrote: »

*pricks up ears* What's this?

Also the Halloween Ball will be in the Venue, like everything ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

*pricks up ears* What's this?

Also the Halloween Ball will be in the Venue, like everything ever.
    Simpsons quiz, if I recall correctly from my facebook feed...

>check<
    yup. Simpsons quiz at 1pm in Your Clubhouse on Tuesday the 4th.
    Facebook info here

Aw frick it I just remembered I have a field trip to Trinners to see old books on Tuesday afternoon so I can't go ;___;

Edit: Also no one should ever actually call the SU "Your Clubhouse", because it is a sh1te name. And they got rid of the leather sofas. WHY.

• Advertisement

I don't like calling it your clubhouse either. That's just what the facebook page said.
    To me it'll always be the SU though.
    They seem intent on doing away with all sofas in the college - with them gone from the SU and from the Speakeasy, are there any sofas anywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Drive, if you're gonna see any movie this year, go see this. Most amazing soundtrack too, if you love the 80s you'll love this.

How so Joe wrote: »
    I don't like calling it your clubhouse either. That's just what the facebook page said.
    To me it'll always be the SU though.
    They seem intent on doing away with all sofas in the college - with them gone from the SU and from the Speakeasy, are there any sofas anywhere??

Oh god, the couches there were the comfiest things known to man. Why must my memories of campus be ruined and blighted by new-fangled things. Although I do rather Chill than Juicy Lucy's. If those couches were still there I'd never leave... And there's ones in the arts block now! And the common room, technically.
    LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Drive, if you're gonna see any movie this year, go see this. Most amazing soundtrack too, if you love the 80s you'll love this.

Ah so that's why you weren't down watching the X Factor :P

LeixlipRed wrote:
    There's a good chance that a lot of posters on this forum either weren't alive or don't remember the 80s...
    I know I wasn't!

How so Joe wrote: »
    There's a good chance that a lot of posters on this forum either weren't alive or don't remember the 80s...
    I know I wasn't!
    I know, some of the first years will have been born in 1994... I was at school in 1994.

SO OLD.

Ah so that's why you weren't down watching the X Factor :P

I rang UPC today and asked them to block it :pac:

I rang UPC today and asked them to block it :pac:
    :(

Then I won't be able to watch Two and a Half Men!

Oh I forgot to specify that too, I must call back :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

irish_goat wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know where in Maynooth is cheapest for dry cleaning a suit?

the place beside xtra vision is grand, have used them before. Can't remember how much it cost but i wasn't offended by the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

The one beside the Post Office down by Tescos is cheap too, AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

It's also incredibly gorey. I spent most of the film with my face stuffed inside my t-shirt, my fingers in my ears and humming the theme tune to the simpsons to try calm myself down!
    You promised it wouldn't be a boy film!!

I didn't. And the music was amazing, why would you need to hum anything? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

To drown out all the scary bits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Ok, how do you tell your landlord you're going to be late with the rent without him throttling you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Ok, how do you tell your landlord you're going to be late with the rent without him throttling you?

How late?

A week at most.

Should've been paid today.

My landlord's have always been very understanding. It's better to tell them via text or phonecall rather than only when they arrive at the house, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I know, some of the first years will have been born in 1994... I was at school in 1994.

SO OLD.
    Leaving Cert.

Well, he only lives around the corner so I think I'll pop over and speak to him face-to-face. First time in my life I've been late with paying rent, bills or anything.

Money: what a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

mickstupp wrote: »
    Leaving Cert.

I was 2! =D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement